Kerbas_ad_astra

[1.4-1.5] HGR Community Fixes: Home-Grown Fixes for Home-Grown Rockets v1.6.2 (02018 Nov 03)

Recommended Posts

On 12/27/2017 at 9:15 PM, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

This is all-in-one.

Indeed it is, just as the note on the download link for the release says.  And double plus shiny!  I just installed it into a new career build and no warnings, no errors, just cool parts.  Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I say "1.2+", I mean including 1.3.1.  (I'd have titled it 1.2.x otherwise.)  I do have some changes that I need to check and update, but the parts all load and work for me in my 1.3.1 career.  What's not loading for you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's not an either/or question -- by definition, if a mod is localized, it must be made for KSP 1.3+.  Currently, HGR is neither, though I do intend to fix that one of these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27.01.2018 at 9:25 PM, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

When I say "1.2+", I mean including 1.3.1.  (I'd have titled it 1.2.x otherwise.)  I do have some changes that I need to check and update, but the parts all load and work for me in my 1.3.1 career.  What's not loading for you?

Thanks a lot! I guess i've just messed up with downloads, now everything works fine! A brilliant mod!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2018 at 10:39 PM, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

That's not an either/or question -- by definition, if a mod is localized, it must be made for KSP 1.3+.  Currently, HGR is neither, though I do intend to fix that one of these days.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I would ask you to please adjust both of the deployment speeds of the HGR MK.18 Inline Chute (InLineChuteSmall), as my numerous failed tourist contracts were caused by crew blackouts in the Radish lower pod. I neither confirm nor deny editing the .cfg's deploymentSpeed and semiDeploymentSpeed to match those of the LOM-7 Inline Chute (InLineChute), as doing so would be violating the demand to not edit below the line. However, it would also keep all three chute families (SquadMains, SquadDrouges, and HGR) distinct with respect to each other, while keeping to a modicum of acceptable behaviour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/12/2018 at 3:42 PM, grungar3x7 said:

On a somewhat unrelated note, I would ask you to please adjust both of the deployment speeds of the HGR MK.18 Inline Chute (InLineChuteSmall), as my numerous failed tourist contracts were caused by crew blackouts in the Radish lower pod. 

@Kerbas_ad_astra, I would second that motion.  The small inline chute on a Mk1 capsule results in about a 37 gee deceleration when it deploys.  The fix described above, to mirror LOM-7 stats, sounds reasonable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Kerbas_ad_astrajust so you know I've been having a problem with this mod in 1.3.1 (I have RealChute installed) where when the SoyJuice chute deploys, it works to slow the capsule down, but, it looks like this.tMbOsi8.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't use RealChute, so I don't know what it's 'sensitive' to...the patch seems to use the same animations as the stock parachute module, which come out 'right-side-up' in stock, so I don't know what I can do to help you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

I'm wrapping up some changes still, but here's a little teaser for my loyal fans: the Garlic pod, before and after!

screenshot_2016-06-18--18-17-34.pngscreenshot8.png

Perhaps, a bit more matte, like the Lima?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd recommend keeping the slightly shiny "satin" finish, it's more appealing and makes it easier to see against a black sky. If anything, I'd prefer that the Lima get a bit of a polish to make it's finish match this one.

On another note, is anyone using it in 1.4.1 and if so, is it working great, minor issues or totally borked? I love HGR for the Soyuz-like parts so it's still a "must have" mod even with the new official Squad 1.875m Squad parts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EatVacuum said:

...If anything, I'd prefer that the Lima get a bit of a polish to make it's finish match this one.

Honestly, that would work too, as then the only matte parts in the Soyuz-a-like line would be the OD green, which are the old-model ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Lima has a lower-res texture than the other pods, and more importantly (for the lack of shininess) no normal map, unlike the 'proper' Soy-Juice models.  I suppose I could do the same for it as I did for the 'Garlic' pod, taking the white Soy-Juice model and texture and 'staining' it, but it really wouldn't feel right to have the door and window on it (the upper module of the Progress spacecraft doesn't have hatches or windows, either, but at least it is crew-accessible).  Maybe in the distant future, I'll work out how to edit its model and apply the normal map, so it will at least be lit properly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Releasing HGR Community Fixes v1.6.0 "Glasnost"!

  • Updated for KSP 1.4:
    • Parts now support KSP's internationalization/localization system. (Thanks to @IgorZ for the automatic localization software!)
    • Fairing incorporates auto-trusses and color switching.
  • G4-LK supply module now has a more proper texture. (Based on the Onions.)
  • Heat shield fixed to actually protect the descent capsule.
  • Small inline parachute deployment speed slowed.
  • Thanks to @Pand5461 for a few suggestions. Those I accepted include:
    • Increased battery capacity of Daikon service module.
    • Several capsule masses reduced (especially Soy-Juice).
  • Thanks to @Miharafor a couple of suggestions:
    • Slightly more inventory volume in the Garlic pod (so you can fit a container in a container).
    • Onion capsules now include life support recycler and habitation functionality (USI-LS).
  • Tank balance pass (including service modules) -- tanks no longer contain more fuel than their physical volumes.

With this release, it is now possible for a Soy-Juice stack to support a mission to either of Kerbin's moons, using only on-board life support, just like the Soyuz 7K-LOK.  (With USI-LS, anyway -- and I welcome patches from folks who use other life support systems!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/22/2018 at 8:15 PM, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

The Lima has a lower-res texture than the other pods, and more importantly (for the lack of shininess) no normal map, unlike the 'proper' Soy-Juice models.  I suppose I could do the same for it as I did for the 'Garlic' pod, taking the white Soy-Juice model and texture and 'staining' it, but it really wouldn't feel right to have the door and window on it (the upper module of the Progress spacecraft doesn't have hatches or windows, either, but at least it is crew-accessible).  Maybe in the distant future, I'll work out how to edit its model and apply the normal map, so it will at least be lit properly.

I love this mod one of my old favourites.This and RLA were my go to mods for years. I really appreciate you keeping this mod alive. It would be totally up to you because in the end your the one doing the work. but I would like to put in my vote for a better Lima texture. My reasoning is that the new texture and model switching feature in stock is looking like it's fairly easy to implement. If we had three full quality texture's and two bump map's or models manned with hatch/window -cargo without.In theory then you have one model in the part menu for each with three colour variants green' black' white' with one model variant Manned or cargo. Just a thought. Love what your doing with the mod Thanks.     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh dear...

 

A GREAT thank-you! to those who maintain this mod! I find it pretty much essential, if not for rocket parts, then for the capsules.

Thank you guys very much!

 

 

On a side note, sorry I didn't search the thread first, but: is the latest (Glasnost) release backwards-compatible with 1.3.1? There are some really neat patches in there :) Or should I take the 20% draggier one instead? (I guess the USI-LS patches can be taken from the new version and applied by hand, hah)

Edited by Adouge
forgot something

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2018 at 3:39 AM, Adouge said:

Oh dear...

 

A GREAT thank-you! to those who maintain this mod! I find it pretty much essential, if not for rocket parts, then for the capsules.

Thank you guys very much!

 

 

On a side note, sorry I didn't search the thread first, but: is the latest (Glasnost) release backwards-compatible with 1.3.1? There are some really neat patches in there :) Or should I take the 20% draggier one instead? (I guess the USI-LS patches can be taken from the new version and applied by hand, hah)

I'M stuck on 1.3.1 for a while also until all the Linux issues get sorted out. I have not done it yet but I will probably pick up the new version and the last and just swap out the parts with with fairings. Cant recall off the top of my head "haven’t played in a while" But I think  that's just the one fairing and the LES? should be easy to switch and I cant see it affecting anything else? But you never know? I'll edit this and let you know how it works but it might be a while until I get around to it. Who knows maybe 1.4+ will be working by then I doubt it. Good luck. 

 

Works fine in 1.3.1 if you swap faring parts & LES with old version. 1.4.3 looks like it solved my Linux issues I'm going to give it a try.

Edited by Delbrutis
follow up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was wondering if anyone else has this problem as well. I’ve been having this ever since I installed this mod a while ago.

Basically, whenever you deploy the Soy Juice solar planels, they deploy normally. But if you leave the flight scene and come back, they look like this:

Album a/TboTaT3 will appear when post is submitted

It seems like it’s somehow halfway-deployed. It still collects solar power and the antenna still transmits, so it’s just a visual issue.

This is probably something that I’m missing on my install, but it seems every time I have this mod I’ve always seen it happen. Does anyone know of a quick fix for this? It doesn’t really affect gameplay, it’s just annoying.

Thanks I’m advance. Love the mod btw. I use the Soy Juice parts all the time

Edited by BobTheRocketeer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.