[1.6-1.9] HGR Community Fixes: Home-Grown Fixes for Home-Grown Rockets v1.7.0 (02019 Nov 12)

Kerbas_ad_astra

3 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ok, thanks.

so what happened to @Orionkermin ?  and would the license allow a fork?

Last seen on the forum October 2015, with no explanation. And unfortunately, HGR is all rights reserved. You can still get HGR_V1.3.0 from anywhere Orionkermin had hosted it before disappearing, but any redistribution of those files is prohibited.

Preferably not until I have several days in a row of free-ish time, to properly support the resulting helpdesk calls (ask again in September?).  A wrinkle for installation: there's a file that needs to get dropped into one of HGR's folders (the one that ships with HGR has a wrong extension) -- fine if folks are installing both from scratch, but CKAN would (by design, correctly) gripe at the folks who have HGR and have corrected the issue manually.

19 minutes ago, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

Preferably not until I have several days in a row of free-ish time, to properly support the resulting helpdesk calls (ask again in September?).  A wrinkle for installation: there's a file that needs to get dropped into one of HGR's folders (the one that ships with HGR has a wrong extension) -- fine if folks are installing both from scratch, but CKAN would (by design, correctly) gripe at the folks who have HGR and have corrected the issue manually.

Ckan only gripes if you are overwriting another file.  That being said, the netkan file can be written to not even put that file in (it can be filtered out).  What is that file, I should be able to write and test a netkan file locally.

• 1 month later...

I've made a new patch to fix a texture problem I encountered while chasing out other issues, and have also removed the RemoteTech patch (since RT has accepted it themselves).

Version 1.4.1: Remote Control

• Removed the RT patch (it's in RT now). Therefore, this and subsequent versions of HGR Community Fixes are not compatible with KSP 1.1.0-2.
  • Added a texture-name-fixing patch.
  • License changed to GNU GPL v3 (or later).

I'm not planning to make any releases during the test phase (since things are still in flux, especially relating to antenna balance, I'm going to wait until 1.2 is fully released -- and maybe a couple weeks longer than that, in case there's 1.2.1 or 1.2.2...), but here are the changes I see that need to be made:

1. ModuleKerbNetAccess looks like it's probes and labs only -- so the Leek and Onions (high-level), Lima and Garlic (low-level)?
  2. ModuleProbeControlPoint -- it's on the inline probes, the Mk1-2 pod, and Mk2 lander can, and only the large RGU has infinite-hop capability.  I think the single-hop remote control might fit the Leek (the cylindrical lab, a la the Shenzhou), but the other pods just seem too cramped and not advanced enough.
  3. ModuleDataTransmitter -- add class 0 ranges to all pods, class 1 to soy solar panels (antennaPower = 500000, antennaCombinable = True).
  4. ModuleScienceContainer -- add to the Lima (Progress) descent pod, able to take data internally.

Input on things I've missed or balancing suggestions are welcome.

Edited by Kerbas_ad_astra
attack of the the only onlys

• 4 weeks later...

This mod has one of my favorite capsules ever - the Spud. However, that thing has 50 ablator units only and, no matter how gentle you fall into Kerbin's atmosphere, it's consumed way before the deadly heating has ceased.

Is it a remnant of the old, first version of stock heat damage? I've edited the CFG file and set it to 100 units (still haven't actually tried it out).

58 minutes ago, lajoswinkler said:

This mod has one of my favorite capsules ever - the Spud. However, that thing has 50 ablator units only and, no matter how gentle you fall into Kerbin's atmosphere, it's consumed way before the deadly heating has ceased.

Is it a remnant of the old, first version of stock heat damage? I've edited the CFG file and set it to 100 units (still haven't actually tried it out).

Are you sure you have installed HGR Community Fixes, and not just HGR?  There's a patch to fix that.

30 minutes ago, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

Are you sure you have installed HGR Community Fixes, and not just HGR?  There's a patch to fix that.

Will do.

Also, why this? "Fixed Radish and Spud heat shield patches to stop them from turning black when ablated."

They're supposed to turn nasty.

73303306_110411142938_gagarin_landing_ca

Even the stock shields lose their yellowish color after reentry.

Hi, first of all, thank you for maintaining this fix for HGR!

I wanted to ask if I delete some unused HGR parts from GameData, will the community fix generate errors? I'm not that familiar with ModuleManager.

Thanks for providing a fix for this mod @Kerbas_ad_astra, I just barely downloaded it and am enjoying the parts.

A bug I am experiencing is that the solar panels don't produce electricity when deployed even when they are facing the sun. This was with the anntena activated. They also cannot retract for any of the options even in the VAB. They just stay deployed.

Also some of the parts need to be relocated to more appropriate tabs. Like the heat shield going in heat tab, service modules to fuel tanks and the decouplers to the decoupling tab. Other than that this is a fantastic fix for a very cool mod.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.