[1.2.1] SimpleConstruction - Stock rocket building v3.3

MatterBeam

So I gave the new version a test run. First I wasn't sure if a renamed part wouldn't cause problems but a test remove of the mod caused no problems at the test craft. Also inside the "plugins"-folder is a copy of module manager, and I found a bug with the recylcer:

I build the rover wich you partially see in the picture, spawned it with no problems, then I activated the recylcer and drove into it and .. well now I got a crippled rover attached to my base ... maybe a bigger "area" of the recycler would solve this issue?

Largecrewedlab.cfg is missing a "}" to close the PART node.

A80B4E7490E3C9E9660A4EDB9B77CDE587943576

Edited by maculator

14 hours ago, Bit Fiddler said:

on KSP startup I get an error about 3 errors in the "OreTanksSwitch.cfg"  have I done something to mess this up?  maybe another mod I have loaded is causing this?

Hide contents

Screenshot%202016-03-08%2013.31.28.png

It is possible that it is applying resource switching to mod parts that contain ore.

What other ISRU mods do you have?

not sure what those would be...   I use all the USI stuff...  so I assume that is this is the case it is probably one of RoverDudes mods.  I would have to go dig into my list to see if I have others....

would one of my log file point this out to me?

Edited by Bit Fiddler

Hi, this mod looks great but I'm struggling to make it work. I've installed it and everything seems to work apart from the FuelSwitch on the holding tanks.

I've linked an image to show the problem

Spoiler

VemHPRT.jpg?1

I have HyperEdit, B9Aerospace, KAS, Mechjeb and EVE installed. Do any of these cause compatibility issues?

Thanks for any help :)

Edited by iStickyDuck

4 hours ago, Bit Fiddler said:

not sure what those would be...   I use all the USI stuff...  so I assume that is this is the case it is probably one of RoverDudes mods.  I would have to go dig into my list to see if I have others....

would one of my log file point this out to me?

KSP.log might point out which parts are having a problem.

Do the stock tanks switch properly?

2 hours ago, iStickyDuck said:

Hi, this mod looks great but I'm struggling to make it work. I've installed it and everything seems to work apart from the FuelSwitch on the holding tanks.

I've linked an image to show the problem

Hide contents

VemHPRT.jpg?1

I have HyperEdit, B9Aerospace, KAS, Mechjeb and EVE installed. Do any of these cause compatibility issues?

Thanks for any help :)

This is very strange. None of those mods affect anything SimpleConstruction does.

1 hour ago, MatterBeam said:

This is very strange. None of those mods affect anything SimpleConstruction does.

I just downloaded SimpleConstruction and installed it on a clean copy of KSP.  I added ModuleManager.2.6.18 and ran the game.

I'm seeing the same thing, the tank only holds ore.

Edit: Possibly relevant lines from the debug log

[Error]: Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'InterstellarFuelSwitch'
[Log]: PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Squad/Parts/Resources/RadialTank/RadialTank/RadialOreTank'
[Warning]: PartLoader Warning: Variable SimpleAm not found in Part
[Warning]: PartLoader Warning: Variable DoubleAm not found in Part
[Warning]: PartLoader Warning: Variable Weight not found in Part
[Log]: PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Squad/Parts/Resources/SmallTank/SmallTank/SmallTank'

Edited by razark

21 hours ago, razark said:

I just downloaded SimpleConstruction and installed it on a clean copy of KSP.  I added ModuleManager.2.6.18 and ran the game.

I'm seeing the same thing, the tank only holds ore.

Edit: Possibly relevant lines from the debug log

[Log]: PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Squad/Parts/Resources/RadialTank/RadialTank/RadialOreTank'
[Log]: PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Squad/Parts/Resources/SmallTank/SmallTank/SmallTank'

The problem might be the new MM code from the latest version. Try downloading a previous version for now.

1 hour ago, MatterBeam said:

The problem might be the new MM code from the latest version. Try downloading a previous version for now.

No luck.

I tried 1.2, and still couldn't switch the tank.

I tried 1.2 with ModuleManager 2.6.18 and the 2.6.5 version included with it.

Opened up the KSP.log and found:

[ERR 18:28:06.815] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'InterstellarFuelSwitch': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'InterstellarFuelSwitch.InterstellarTextureSwitch2' from assembly 'InterstellarFuelSwitch, Version=1.18.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'InterstellarFuelSwitch.InterstellarMeshSwitch' from assembly 'InterstellarFuelSwitch, Version=1.18.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'InterstellarFuelSwitch.InterstellarFuelSwitch' from assembly 'InterstellarFuelSwitch, Version=1.18.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClass9' from assembly 'InterstellarFuelSwitch, Version=1.18.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Edit:

I made a copy of the tank, switched the resource to RocketParts, and verified that everything else appears to be working properly.

To be honest, that's all I've really been wanting, a way to launch supplies to a spacedock and build ships on orbit.  I'm not too upset if I have to clone a part a few times to get everything working.  The only question I have is what values to set the tank at.  I'm not that familiar with the ModuleManager syntax.

Edited by razark

So I'm just starting to try this mod, and a very minor issue. It was brought up by another person, so i know I'm not the only one. I've also done quite a bit of troubleshooting already.

I get a purple square for an icon using Blizzy's Toolbar. This is on a stock install, with ONLY SimpleConstruction and Toolbar installed.

I even tried replacing the SC toolbar icon with the same one, directly from EPL, and that didnt work... I then removed SC and installed EPL itself, and the icon works for EPL, so I assume its not an issue carried over from EPL... I did notice there is a small size difference between the two icons, dont know if that matters at all...???

3 hours ago, Tutumra said:

I ran into the fuel switch problem same as everyone. I was able to get it to work after I got the actual fuel switch mod and installed in along side simple construction.

Thanks for this info.

I tried downloading and copying the .dll from the mod, but it didn't work for me.  Perhaps there's something else in the mod needed to get everything working correctly.  I might go back and do this.

22 hours ago, Tutumra said:

I didn't pull the .dll, i dropped the whole fuel switch mod folder in gamedata folder.

Did you remove the fuel switch .dll that's included with this mod?

47 minutes ago, TruthQuark said:

I'm so sorry guys, I've been extremely busy lately. I'll get back to this mod as soon as I can!

Sheesh!  Get back to work!  What are we paying you for?

(Seriously, thanks.  I've not yet played much with this, but I do like what you've done.  I certainly hope you keep this mod going for 1.1.)

@Tutumra @iStickyDuck I use a non modular version of the fuelswitch for myself since I dont have part mods and wanted to keep it as simple as possible. If you want you can replace the content of OreTanksSwitch.cfg with the following and see if it works for you:

Spoiler

@PART[LargeTank]
{

@description ^= :$: >Holds metal and rocketparts< :

MODULE
	{
		name = InterstellarFuelSwitch
		resourceNames = Ore;Metal;RocketParts
		resourceAmounts = 1500;1500;3000
		tankMass = 2;2;2
		basePartMass = 0.0
		displayCurrentTankCost = true
		hasGUI = true
		availableInFlight = false
		availableInEditor = true
		showInfo = true	
	}
}

@PART[SmallTank]
{

MODULE
	{
		resourceAmounts = 300;300;600
		tankMass = .5;.5;.5
		basePartMass = 0.0
		hasGUI = true
		availableInEditor = true
		showInfo = true	
	}
}

@PART[RadialOreTank]
{

MODULE
	{
		resourceAmounts = 75;75;150
		tankMass = .125;.125;.125
		basePartMass = 0.0
		hasGUI = true
		availableInEditor = true
		showInfo = true	
	}
}

Edited by maculator

Hi guys, I ran into the same problem of the Fuel Switch, and after some tests, I've discovered the issue. It seems to need the Scale_Redist.dll (from the Interstellar Fuel Switch mod) into the "Plugins" folder, at least it works fine for me now.

So I'm sending a link to it's download for those who don't want to install the IFS mod just for the dll.

https://mega.nz/#!JpdmjJCB!9WbUHL_YGhPKeLSxlHlf7cVhd6pLjIMbObXEymB7uiM

Also, thanks to the wonderful mod, @MatterBeam, that really gave me a lot of less RAM usage.

(I just made this account to make this post, hope someone gets helped)

Edited by ThunderDH

On 3/3/2016 at 8:03 PM, Eleusis La Arwall said:

I have an idea that would need an additional .mu file but no texture. Just not sure if that works.

Make model.mu that holds only the mesh with the trigger collider and integrate them with

MODEL
	{
		model = STOCK/model
		position = 0,0,0
		scale = 1,1,1
		rotation = 0,0,0
	}
MODEL
	{
		model = SimpleConstruction/RecyclerMesh/model
		position = 0,0,0
		scale = 1,1,1
		rotation = 0,0,0
	}

to the same part in the .cfg file.

Edit: Works like a charm (proof)

Edit2: Uploaded the test-stuff to TinyUpload (Download). Feel free to do whatever you want with it :)

Little suggestion, if you tag the collider with Icon_Hidden, Docking port maintain the same aspect ratio in part browser

20 hours ago, ThunderDH said:

Hi guys, I ran into the same problem of the Fuel Switch, and after some tests, I've discovered the issue. It seems to need the Scale_Redist.dll (from the Interstellar Fuel Switch mod) into the "Plugins" folder, at least it works fine for me now.

So I'm sending a link to it's download for those who don't want to install the IFS mod just for the dll.

https://mega.nz/#!JpdmjJCB!9WbUHL_YGhPKeLSxlHlf7cVhd6pLjIMbObXEymB7uiM

Also, thanks to the wonderful mod, @MatterBeam, that really gave me a lot of less RAM usage.

(I just made this account to make this post, hope someone gets helped)

I have added this to the plugins folder in version 1.5 of the mod, just updated.

• 2 weeks later...

I think there might be some compat issues between SC and RoverDude's UKS stuff- I had MKS installed and couldn't do jack diddly, but now that I've taken out MKS and I'm relying solely upon SC?  Works like a charm.  I suspect part of the issue is that RocketParts are now MaterialKits in MKS's stuff..

e: never mind, for some reason UKS's "MaterialKits" and "SpecializedParts" requirement is overriding SC's "RocketParts" for construction, trying to figure out how to fix that without just getting rid of all my favorite USI bits..

Edited by Kershu5

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.