[1.2.1] SimpleConstruction - Stock rocket building v3.3

MatterBeam

And I'm now an adition to users added to comment here. I must say this is a great addition to the pool of what is called ksp mods and I love just the dea of being able to launch from other bodies as it gives purpose to planetary bases and complex orbital relations and systems to make with an actual benefit that is cheaper and more fuel effective launches. Now I see I am not alone in feeling that extraplanetary launchpads can be quite bulky and hard on your system and think this mods vision is a huge improvement to the original mod but for me, when i installed and launched this mod i was hit with several new textboxes and cluttering on my screen that i didn't need or asked for. I also had trouble finding the changed parts in the tabs as my icons apear to have changed for those parts in particular to thumbnails i can hardly recognize. On the top of that it doesn't apear to me as the function of the parts have changed at all as there doesn't seem to be any new togglables in both the drill and the ore containers. If the drill drills up metal ore at all I am not sure as I could not have any ore containers. What I'm left with is a mod that when installed have added clutter and no extraplanetary launchpads wich i believe is the excact oposite of what this mod tried to achieve. 

Sorry for the brickwall of text but it seemed as if you got help from all feedback you get and don't get me wrong I am gratefull that you do this and I couldn't just make this mod myself. 

The mods I have installed already are: Fine Print, Kerbal Engineer, Infernal Robotics, Procedural Parts (the one mainly with tanks), Remote Tech And Module Manager 2.6.20

Tl; dr: 

I think your work is great and think cleanness is something you value looking at your code and folders and idea in general, here i was not met by that and wanted to notify you with my experience.

On 3/29/2016 at 7:59 PM, byterez said:

And I'm now an adition to users added to comment here. I must say this is a great addition to the pool of what is called ksp mods and I love just the dea of being able to launch from other bodies as it gives purpose to planetary bases and complex orbital relations and systems to make with an actual benefit that is cheaper and more fuel effective launches. Now I see I am not alone in feeling that extraplanetary launchpads can be quite bulky and hard on your system and think this mods vision is a huge improvement to the original mod but for me, when i installed and launched this mod i was hit with several new textboxes and cluttering on my screen that i didn't need or asked for. I also had trouble finding the changed parts in the tabs as my icons apear to have changed for those parts in particular to thumbnails i can hardly recognize. On the top of that it doesn't apear to me as the function of the parts have changed at all as there doesn't seem to be any new togglables in both the drill and the ore containers. If the drill drills up metal ore at all I am not sure as I could not have any ore containers. What I'm left with is a mod that when installed have added clutter and no extraplanetary launchpads wich i believe is the excact oposite of what this mod tried to achieve. 

Sorry for the brickwall of text but it seemed as if you got help from all feedback you get and don't get me wrong I am gratefull that you do this and I couldn't just make this mod myself. 

The mods I have installed already are: Fine Print, Kerbal Engineer, Infernal Robotics, Procedural Parts (the one mainly with tanks), Remote Tech And Module Manager 2.6.20

Tl; dr: 

I think your work is great and think cleanness is something you value looking at your code and folders and idea in general, here i was not met by that and wanted to notify you with my experience.

Thank you for your encouragement.

The text-boxes that appear upon spaceship launch are created by Extraplanetary launchpads. I cannot do anything about that, as I did not program Extraplanetary launchpads.
You can close them safely.

This mod changes the ore tanks (adds extra resources), the Mobile Processing Lab (adds extra functions) and the small Docking Port Jr. It should not affect their icons. The drill is unchanged.

12 hours ago, snipedyodead said:

Im having trouble with the download page it says

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /matterbeam_328/SimpleConstruction/SimpleConstruction-v1.5.zip on this server.

and I dont know why, can some one please help

Try downloading after logging out from SpaceDock. You might have an account problem/

3 hours ago, Tutumra said:

I am looking forward to using this when it is updated for 1.1. I love how simple you have made this. thanks for taking time and making this mod. 

As soon as Extraplanetary Launchpads and Interstellar Fuel Switch are ported over to 1.1, I'll resume work on SimpleConstruction :)

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Waxing_Kibbous said:

This looks like a pretty handy mod- one question, in the video in the OP the probe is made and just sort of floats there then drops- any tips/tricks for building rockets and rovers so they are oriented properly and safely?

Build the 'construction port' so that it faces upwards, preferably with launch clamps included in the design.

On 19 April 2016 at 5:36 PM, simalto said:

This is the only mod i'm waiting for, to start 1.1 properly!

it's really makes things easy, thumb up for coming up with such mod! really enjoyed it in 1.05. So I'm impatiently waiting for 1.1 compatible release.  

I'll test out the 1.1 Extraplanetary launchpads and come back with an update :)

In CKAN, version 1.7 of SimpleConstruction is still listed as only being 1.05 compatible.  This prevents installation with CKAN.  Was that deliberate?  I'm anxious to move from EPL to this.  EPL has great functionality but as you've said, it's memory hungry and the parts are... homely.

2 hours ago, DanHeidel said:

In CKAN, version 1.7 of SimpleConstruction is still listed as only being 1.05 compatible.  This prevents installation with CKAN.  Was that deliberate?  I'm anxious to move from EPL to this.  EPL has great functionality but as you've said, it's memory hungry and the parts are... homely.

I clicked on the 'add to CKAN' box, so it should be available there too now. 1.7 is made for 1.1, so it is possible to manually install it from the .zip file and it would work.

9 hours ago, MatterBeam said:

I clicked on the 'add to CKAN' box, so it should be available there too now. 1.7 is made for 1.1, so it is possible to manually install it from the .zip file and it would work.

It's up on CKAN, however CKAN still thinks that SimpleConstruction is not 1.1 compatible and refuses to install it on a 1.1 installation.  I'm not sure how the CKAN upload determines version compatibility but there might be a config file somewhere that refers to 1.05 still?

Of course, it can be manually installed but many CKAN users are not going to be aware of that and will simply assume that this mod isn't 1.1 compatible yet.

JZsnMOL.png

On 4/26/2016 at 6:58 PM, DanHeidel said:

It's up on CKAN, however CKAN still thinks that SimpleConstruction is not 1.1 compatible and refuses to install it on a 1.1 installation.  I'm not sure how the CKAN upload determines version compatibility but there might be a config file somewhere that refers to 1.05 still?

Of course, it can be manually installed but many CKAN users are not going to be aware of that and will simply assume that this mod isn't 1.1 compatible yet.

JZsnMOL.png

That's quite strange. I'm not a CKAN user, so I didn't notice this problem, but it doesn't seem to be coming from my end... 

I'll contact a CKAN mod or something in the meantime. Thanks for notifying me. 

Definitely looking forward to CKAN working so I can test this but I have a question:  Functionally this mod makes EL more palatable for me however I still like some of the other launch platforms... this mod shouldn't mess with their functionality if I so choose to add them right?

I noticed this isn't compatible with the Planetary Base Systems mode yet, so I made some quick modules for that. You can extract this ZIP file to your game's main folder and it will overwrite a few of the files from SimpleConstruction. Right now, the KPBS science lab, ISRU, and both holding tanks have been modified. I hope it helps. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.