[1.2.1] SimpleConstruction - Stock rocket building v3.3

MatterBeam

10 hours ago, hab136 said:

On the ground or in space?  In space it shouldn't be a problem, unless I'm not understanding the problem.

On the ground, you could add it support braces, either on the construction ship itself, or some huge brace thing to hold your new ship above the construction ship.

Did you produce the fuel after creating the new vessel, but before releasing?  If not, then it's working as intended - you didn't actually create any fuel while the new vessel was being built because there was no place to put it.

On the ground. thanks for the tip.

About the fuel, it was produced after I clicked on Finalize Build (ship was there) but before releasing

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this before or not, but, I think the icon is not showing up properly in the toolbar mod, nor it shows up in stock toolbar section (if it should be) I think the reason for a purple box filling the toolbar icon is that your icon is in png format and ksp is trying to convert it to dds? is there a way to disable this behavior for your icon in specific?

also the icon is not showing up in the manufacturer section of the parts and instead an empty tab is showing up!!

Edited by Jiraiyah

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, goldenpsp said:

Considering this mod just uses the dll from extra planetary launch pads it will need to wait until that mod is updated

EL is updated now.  Getting Simple Construction working may be as easy as dropping in the updated .dll file.

On 10/16/2016 at 5:53 PM, razark said:

EL is updated now.  Getting Simple Construction working may be as easy as dropping in the updated .dll file.

I tried replacing the Launchpad.dll & EL.version files with the updated versions, and a very quick test showed things working as expected, so it looks like this is a go!

Edited by JAFO

18 minutes ago, JAFO said:

I tried replacing the Launchpad.dll & EL.version files with the updated versions, and a very quick test showed things working as expected, so it looks like this is a go!

Awesome.  I haven't tried it out yet myself.

38 minutes ago, JAFO said:

Amusingly, Just a couple hours ago I came to the same conclusion, though I've not tried to build anything. I verified all the parts were present though and I didn't get any weird errors.

1 minute ago, MatterBeam said:

I've updated Interstellar Fuel Switch and Extraplanetary Launchpad dlls. It should work in 1.2

Please raise any errors you encounter.

No other changes beyond the .dll replacement, I'm guessing?

Glad to see this is still getting some attention.

21 minutes ago, razark said:

No other changes beyond the .dll replacement, I'm guessing?

Glad to see this is still getting some attention.

I haven't completed testing, but everything seems to be working so far. I can't promise more for now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/10/2016 at 9:08 AM, olekopyto said:

How to convert ship to parts?

You need: a drill, three Holding tanks in Metals, RocketParts and Ore configuration, an ISRU, a Science Lab and a small docking port (re-named to Construction Port). Process is: 

-Mine Ore.

-Convert Ore into Metals using ISRU.

-Convert Metals into Rocket Parts using Science Lab.

-Open the docking port's GUI

-Select a design from VAB or SPH.

-Build.

-Release.

On 2016-10-30 at 2:08 AM, olekopyto said:

How to convert ship to parts?

11 minutes ago, MatterBeam said:

You need: a drill, three Holding tanks in Metals, RocketParts and Ore configuration, an ISRU, a Science Lab and a small docking port (re-named to Construction Port). Process is: 

-Mine Ore.

-Convert Ore into Metals using ISRU.

-Convert Metals into Rocket Parts using Science Lab.

-Open the docking port's GUI

-Select a design from VAB or SPH.

-Build.

-Release.

I may be misinterpreting but does @olekopyto mean to say: is it possible to recycle a ship into rocket parts in SimpleConstruction?

Falap

Hey

I am able to change my ore containers into metal or rocket parts containers, I can also convert ore into metal and metal into rocket parts with out a problem. 

My issue is that if I have a container with Metal or Rocket parts in it when I go back to the space center or switch to another craft it changes back to an ore container and I lose what ever contents where in it. 

On 04/11/2016 at 5:37 PM, brent2thepoint said:

Is there an update coming for 1.2.1? My IRSU only gives me the option for LF+OX and nothing else.

Sorry, I haven't had any internet connection as I have moved home. I'll look into this. 

On 05/11/2016 at 2:27 PM, WheN said:

Hey

I am able to change my ore containers into metal or rocket parts containers, I can also convert ore into metal and metal into rocket parts with out a problem. 

My issue is that if I have a container with Metal or Rocket parts in it when I go back to the space center or switch to another craft it changes back to an ore container and I lose what ever contents where in it. 

Are you using 1.2.1?

Updated to 1.2.1!

Thanks for the input of @Rayden

On 07/11/2016 at 4:27 PM, olekopyto said:

Well, would it be possible to do it in the future?

Sorry, I was unable to get EPL's custom recycling collider to work with the stock models. Attempts to recreate it in Blender have been unsuccessful. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.