KSP is one year old!

iamwearingpants

On June 24th, 2011 Kerbal Space Program was released on O-F, and became a hit there. Soon after in July, a flood of members came to these forums, as the game hit the web. These pioneers include our modders-turned-devs NovaSilisko and C7Studios and the lost Sunday Punch, who created the first large modpacks. After this initial surge we continued to grow, hitting about 30,000 member this month. Meanwhile, KSP itself evolved amazingly fast. From symmetry in July, to a Mun in November, and a fully persistent world and new terrain in March, the amount of addition and revision since 0.7.3 is astounding.

Take a look:

A rocket in 0.7.3 (I still have an install)

fGHMb.jpg

And one in 0.15.2

PSPMn.jpg

A spaceplane in ~0.8.5 with mods (Janus\' Long Wings and Gravity Bomb)

Oq4Lr.png

And one in 0.15.2, with official parts and some mods (Jellycube\'s Weapons and Tosh\'s Hull Bicoupler)

hMWgx.jpg

In short: Wow. Just wow. We really have an awesome game and should celebrate it today :D

I had really hoped to be able to hold a contest and offer some swag to the winners in recognition of this anniversary. Alas, it did not come to pass.

Happy Anniversary KSP!

Cheers!

Capt\'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

PS: It\'s an anniversary, not a birthday.

I had really hoped to be able to hold a contest and offer some swag to the winners in recognition of this anniversary. Alas, it did not come to pass.

Happy Anniversary KSP!

Cheers!

Capt\'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

PS: It\'s an anniversary, not a birthday.

What would the swag be, per se?

What would the swag be, per se?

Well, the most obvious and easiest would have been T-shirts, but I\'m sure something else could have been arranged. No big deal though, I do have plans for contests with prizes once Squad gets it\'s merchandising legalities worked out.

Cheers!

Capt\'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

First version I downloaded was 0.8 after a friend of mine posted on another forum about KSP... Soon after that I joined a forum which I now forget the name of because they had a big, very active, thread about KSP up. Then I found they were linking to here an awful lot, so I thought I might as well come here and get the latest news sooner. So I joined here in July sometime, and have been loving KSP ever since.

It\'s been so awesome to see all the - incredibly frequent - changes being made over the past year. Looking forward to the next year even more.

I started playing KSP in 0.10. I had absolutely no clue about orbital dynamics and whatnot and I basically just made giant dragsters and replicas for the 2 weeks I played. Now that I\'ve came back in .13 I\'ve been more serious and been loving it since. Good to see KSP has survived it\'s first year.

I forget what version I first played with when I discovered KSP. (.11 or .12, whatever had the mun first). But I remember I would launch a rocket and try my best at aiming it at the mun hoping i would hit it with a straight course. (wow i was dumb).

Wow I really can\'t believe KSP is now a year old.

I\'m here since 0.9 and there is really alot that changed since then. I remember times when Kerbin was divided into light side and dark side or when you had to fly without a map view.

It\'s good a thing I was into rocketry since I was about 5 so it was no problem to archieve an orbit for me, so I could face greater challenges.

Thanks KSP-Team and a Happy Anniversary!

- Lordherrmann

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.