[1.2.*] ABookCase Orbital Reference System 0.4.1.0

zentarul

ABookCase Orbital Reference System

v0.4.0.0

This is a request from ABookCase who wanted a simple mod that displays altitude of an orbit at a point by hovering the mouse over it. So I did that and also added time information and more. There is a config file in PluginData folder that can be modified to tweak was is displayed on screen.

The mouse is not shown in the screenshots, but I'm sure you can imagine it.

http://imgur.com/a/K6wiA

Download:

Get v0.4.1.0 from GitHub!

Also available through SpaceDock and CKAN!

Licensed under MIT

I'd like to thank xEvilReeperx for his solution.

Edited by zentarul
updated for ksp 1.2

2 hours ago, Nansuchao said:

It would be possible to have the Ap/Pe altitude displayed every time? It's needed for little orbital tweaks and for interplanetary transfers.

If you click the little icon of the AP/PE it stays displayed.

Nice mod btw!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi - would it be possible to also show the orbital velocity at any given point by hovering over the orbital line?  Also would it be possible to have this shown for potential orbits (i.e. manoeuvre nodes and projected orbits)?

THANKS!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm seeing Nullref's in the log:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ABCORS.ABookCaseOrbitalReferenceSystem.MouseOverOrbit (.PatchCastHit& hit) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at ABCORS.ABookCaseOrbitalReferenceSystem.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Situation:  On the pad, 3 stages, have staged both (testing a mod, stages have no fuel), switched from controlling one ship to the other.

When I was creating my 1.1 modded install I just installed this from CKAN cus it sounded cool, but then I totally forgot it was a mod I had, so I assumed it was an update in stock 1.1!

What I'm trying to say is nice mod :D

• 3 weeks later...

Great Mod!
Any chance that you might add the same for inactive / target vessels ( in different color maybe )?
knowing when the target will be at a specific place and its altitude would really make my day :P

Would be especially useful for catching asteroids since getting the maneuver nodes to work on a target that is still outside the current gravity well is hell atm..
and timing science that requires alignment between several vessels... like crash!... where you need to know when target is at a certain point of the orbit  + full orbit time ( lots of vessel switching done there )

Edited by Lennartos

• 1 month later...

Back in late May, I wanted two things:

1. To try my hand at programming something actually useful.
  2. Something like ABCORS, but for velocity instead of altitude.

It was a really small tweak. Still took a while though, me being the novice I am. But it worked well enough so I sent a pull request to zentarul who promised to take a look at it. Until then, you can download it from here: https://github.com/audiorate/abcors/blob/master/release build/ABCORS.dll?raw=true

Now with Speed and Angle to Prograde support as well as working on the orbit of the active target. Some options are disabled by default and need to be enabled in the config file.

For the next version I will try to add a simple GUI window in to edit the configs.

• 2 months later...
On 9/18/2016 at 9:06 AM, Iskierka said:

This seems like a very nice mod to have - however, at least in 1.2-pre, it appears to be disabling the click menu to add a manoeuvre or warp to. This unfortunately makes it rather unusable.

This is rather strange, I tested it around Kerbin and didn't have any problem with that. Could you provide a screenshot of when you can't click on the menu?

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, FreeThinker said:

I know it is a pre release, I just want to notify the author that one of the pre release updates has broken it. Fortunatly the updates seem to have stoped.

It was more aimed at Stone blue, since he posted after you did.

Sorry if it sounded harsh.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.