Saves completely nuked after Kopernicus test

I'm having a problem that will force me to redownload EVERYTHING if not fixed. Please help.

I downloaded Kopernicus yesterday to test if I could have one of those fancy extra star systems; and I also got the Extrasolar: Planets beyond Kerbal pack. Installed it following instructions clearly, loaded a previous save, took 50 million years to load everything but I managed to get into the game. Checked the star system in the tracking station, then tried to switch to one of my ships in munar orbit and the game crashed without even a crash report. I then deleted Kopernicus and Extrasolar, but when I got back to the game, all my saves had been nuked, and clicking the Resume Saved button gave me nothing. Didn't bother too much that I lost the old save, but then I played a bit on a new game, exited, went to sleep, loaded the game today and clicking the Resume Saved button STILL gives me nothing despite a new game. 

I don't know if this is a Kopernicus or Extrasolar (posted in both threads and here) issue, but it's all I could think of given the timing. Here are all the other mods I still have: 

xf4XsAY.png

And what have we learned from this?
When experimenting with an unfamiliar, game changing mod ALWAYS make a back-up.

Sorry if that sounded harsh but I am afraid you're pretty much 'attached to another object by an inclined plane, wrapped helically around an axis'

Edited by Tex_NL

It's possible and even probable that the save you loaded up with Kopernicus isn't easily recoverable but the rest should be salvageable. We'll need your logs to even begin to guess at what has broken them though.

Edit: Actually I'll just take a swing since it's likely: if the game crashed while saving, it's possible the persistent.sfs of the game you loaded when Kopernicus installed was corrupted and KSP is throwing an unhandled exception while trying to parse it. This will cause a chain reaction of failure: most likely, clicking "Resume game" will  appear to do nothing at all while the log (Alt+F2) prints an exception

Try moving or deleting that save's folder

Edited by xEvilReeperx

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.