USI Kolonization - Beginner's Issues

pjjames89

Greetings!

I am new to the USI Koloization Mod, and honestly fairly new to the game. I am having two glaring issues with the Kolonization mod. These are issues that I have not been able to find any forums on or even videos on how to fix.

• Issue #1: The parts and modules that I have to build with look entirely different than what I am seeing in the creators website and on videos I have seen of people using this mod altogether. Meaning, I have paid attention to how many modules users have and I am seeing I have way less. I have a total of four modules and one or two bases Furthermore, the modules don't have the cool colors and such, just simple black and grey. Case and point, I do have as many cool modules, bases, and other USI Kolonization pieces as I am seeing other people have in their tutorials, videos, and photos.

• Issue #2: With expandable tubes, when I am building my modules and ships, the expandable tubes do not seem to lock in place on the modules when you try to attach them to the doors of the bases. I am able to get them to turn green indicating they will be attached yet they don't "lock" to the green dot and when I test connecting the tube to another module base it simply goes through the second module as if it's not even there. If I wanted (and I don't) to connect the tube to the top of the module it will "lock" to the green dot, but not when I connect it to the doors of any of my modules or bases.

Advice for both issues would be appreciated. I am new to the forum, I tried to attach images for both issues but did not see anywhere to insert a photo other than from another website link. 

You can hotlink images via the "insert other media" button which is at the bottom right of the editor window, not at the top like all the other buttons. ;)

As for your problems, you should probably go to the UKS mod thread and ask for help there. However, I can already tell you this: you have an installation issue. One, you are missing parts; two, you are missing textures. This is a direct result of a wrong installation. You may have accidentally put a second GameData folder inside your first, or you may have decided to pull the mod out of the USI subfolder it is shipped in, or any other similar thing... This will break many parts, because parts look for their models and textures via hardcoded file paths. If you change the folder structure, whether intentionally or by accident, many of those paths will point towards nowhere and the part will fail to load (or lack its texture).

I don't know if you second issue is also related to this, but I would fix the installation first and then see if you can still reproduce it.

Edited by Streetwind

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.