[1.8.x+] Strategia [v1.8.0] [2019-10-22]

nightingale

23 minutes ago, nightingale said:

There's some Kopernicus configs that mess with detection of non-rocky bodies.  I'm still looking into fixes for that.  Are there other specific issues that you have with galactic neighborhood?

Not really. More specifically with the problem though, with GN, Strategia mostly seems to go all wierd and replaces missions for indivudal gas giants and their moons with landing on every body around an extrasolar star, which in GN includes impossible things like landing on actual stars and on the M-Kel barycenter, which are both obviously impossible. I suspect it has to do with GN replacing the stock sun with the 'galactic core' and creating a bunch of stars that orbit it at a great distance. Does mean that you do get crewed/uncrewed programs to do grand tours of entire extrasolar systems when you use planet packs which is kind of neat.

Edited by Citizen Joe

6 minutes ago, Citizen Joe said:

Not really. More specifically with the problem though, with GN, Strategia mostly seems to go all wierd and replaces missions for indivudal gas giants and their moons with landing on every body around an extrasolar star, which in GN includes impossible things like landing on actual stars and on the M-Kel barycenter, which are both obviously impossible. I suspect it has to do with GN replacing the stock sun with the 'galactic core' and creating a bunch of stars that orbit it at a great distance. Does mean that you do get crewed/uncrewed programs to do grand tours of entire extrasolar systems when you use planet packs which is kind of neat.

Okay, I'll see if I can take a look at this when I do the refresh for 1.2.  Do you mind raising an issue on GitHub?

@Citizen Joe @nightingale

keep in mind that GN is still early in it's development, so many features are not yet ironed out.

before taking any actions I would suggest you to contact me if you need any explanation on which direction the mod will take, so you don't waste time accounting for bugs that are derived from features I haven't yet been able to fix in GN itself.

Since those "bugs" will be removed from GN as soon as I have time / can manage to do so, trying to account for those in your mod might end up being a waste of time :wink:

feel free to ping / pm me at any time

So I'm trying to figure out how many strategies I'm supposed to be able to have at each building level. Default is 1,3,5 according to the barnkit for Strategia it is 2,3,4

In game, right clicking on admin building at level 2 shows 3 strategies available, but if I go in the building I can only use 2.

Is it supposed to be 1,2,3 or 2,3,4?

37 minutes ago, Nori said:

So I'm trying to figure out how many strategies I'm supposed to be able to have at each building level. Default is 1,3,5 according to the barnkit for Strategia it is 2,3,4

In game, right clicking on admin building at level 2 shows 3 strategies available, but if I go in the building I can only use 2.

Is it supposed to be 1,2,3 or 2,3,4?

1, 2, 3.  There's an extra one in there for the upgrade logic to work, but I then hack all the UI bits to make it look like 1,2,3.  You're not supposed to look at the man behind the curtain. :wink:

EDIT: And yes - I did miss the one spot, because I couldn't easily change that in stock.  Was hoping nobody would notice.

Edited by nightingale

4 minutes ago, nightingale said:

1, 2, 3.  There's an extra one in there for the upgrade logic to work, but I then hack all the UI bits to make it look like 1,2,3.  You're not supposed to look at the man behind the curtain. :wink:

EDIT: And yes - I did miss the one spot, because I couldn't easily change that in stock.  Was hoping nobody would notice.

Ok cool. So I'm not going crazy.  :P

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, inigma said:

How to make a strategy compatible with Strategia?

I considered making Strategia the "Contract Configurator of strategies", but there just didn't seem to be enough content possible to justify the fourfold increase in development effort.  As such you can extend it to certain degrees through code or configuration, but nothing has been documented or tested.

6 minutes ago, nightingale said:

I considered making Strategia the "Contract Configurator of strategies", but there just didn't seem to be enough content possible to justify the fourfold increase in development effort.  As such you can extend it to certain degrees through code or configuration, but nothing has been documented or tested.

Well, I just had in mind to offer up the following:

A cheap/free strategy where all funds received are converted to science.

A cheap/free strategy where all science received are converted to funds.

A cheap/free strategy where all reputation is converted to funds.

1 hour ago, inigma said:

Well, I just had in mind to offer up the following:

A cheap/free strategy where all funds received are converted to science.

A cheap/free strategy where all science received are converted to funds.

A cheap/free strategy where all reputation is converted to funds.

Those are stock strategies (except they don't stay on all the time, it's one-time).  Those are pretty much doable without Strategia though, as converting from one currency to another is 75% of the stock strategies.

1 hour ago, rdwulfe said:

Is there a dev branch of Strategia on 1.2 or anything? I'd be delighted to test it... I'm jonesing for it terribly... Strategia is so much better than the stock, IMO. Makes 100% more sense.

Strategia will likely be one of the last things that I have ready for 1.2 - as it has many dependencies (Contract Configurator, Module Manager, Custom Barn Kit).  I'm still working on Contract Configurator for 1.2 when I have spare moments (there's more than a few issues related to 1.2 on the tracker) - so I'm not in a rush to get the other dependencies (which will likely not but publicly available until 1.2 is).

So...  you have a bit of a wait still, sorry!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, I really think they should make Strategia stock, because the default strategies are pretty blah and there really aren't many of them. It's a "feature" that doesn't feel entirely fleshed out. I mean Strategia shows all the cool things that could be done with it too.

Anywho, heres to hoping custom barn kit gets updated soon because it's also awesome.  :)

Since @sarbian probably isn't  going to update the Custom Barn Kit anytime soon, but I have this mod (Strategia) listet as "Do not start a carrer without - aka must have" I start to think about workarounds (yes - I might have become impatient, I accept the punishment)

My question is: Does Strategia check on the Milestones or does it create it's own? For example if you alredy did a flyby of the Mun (If it has its own I can install it later without a big impact)

31 minutes ago, divinity_chimera said:

Since @sarbian probably isn't  going to update the Custom Barn Kit anytime soon, but I have this mod (Strategia) listet as "Do not start a carrer without - aka must have" I start to think about workarounds (yes - I might have become impatient, I accept the punishment)

Uh ? Why are you saying that ? I updated most of my mods already.

Edited by sarbian

On 07/11/2016 at 1:12 PM, divinity_chimera said:

might have become impatient, I accept the punishment

realy wish to check this mod soon, it's realy looking great, exacly what am i expecting as scenarios type

the only brench on ksp that realy needs devellopement is this administration building and your mod brings the right answer to this, good job @nightingale, cheer