[1.8.x+] Strategia [v1.8.0] [2019-10-22]

nightingale

7 minutes ago, Stratickus said:

In both the KSC map view and in the config file that comes with Strategia I see that the max available strategies for a Lvl 1 Admin building should be 2. Yet when I am in the Admin building, I get a max of only 1. Is this related to reputation or am I missing something obvious? I am very early in my career if that matters.

The maximum of 1 you see in the Admin Building is the value from stock, Strategia will change that to 2. So, it's a stock text description the mod didn't change.

edit - Wait, do you mean you can only select one? I may have misunderstood your question

Edited by monstah

3 hours ago, monstah said:

The maximum of 1 you see in the Admin Building is the value from stock, Strategia will change that to 2. So, it's a stock text description the mod didn't change.

edit - Wait, do you mean you can only select one? I may have misunderstood your question

Both. While it may be a stock text description, I cannot select more than one strategy in my Lvl 1 Admin building.

7GMMMxb.jpg

I think Contract Configurator adds a similar dynamic. I know the max number of contracts that I can hold at a time does increase with reputation (I think) without upgrading Mission Control and since CC is a Strategia dependency, that would make sense I suppose.  

Edited by Stratickus

@Stratickus - Yes, that's a Strategia feature.  Some of the strategies add modifiers to various things like research, and in the stock game it's really, really hard to know why the costs are what they are (also it used to be that the tooltips showed the wrong costs, but that's been fixed in recent KSP versions).

2 hours ago, nightingale said:

@Stratickus - Yes, that's a Strategia feature.  Some of the strategies add modifiers to various things like research, and in the stock game it's really, really hard to know why the costs are what they are (also it used to be that the tooltips showed the wrong costs, but that's been fixed in recent KSP versions).

Good to know. Any fidelity on only being able to have 1 active strategy with a Lvl 1 Admin building? Is that CC limiting me due to not meeting some other requirement?

Cheers,

8 hours ago, Stratickus said:

Good to know. Any fidelity on only being able to have 1 active strategy with a Lvl 1 Admin building? Is that CC limiting me due to not meeting some other requirement?

Cheers,

It's Strategia being cruel to you (by design) - only one strategy on the level 1 building. :)

11 hours ago, nightingale said:

It's Strategia being cruel to you (by design) - only one strategy on the level 1 building. :)

2 hours ago, monstah said:

Yeah, my intuition was right, but I completely botched my answer :blush:

It is kinda what I said, but the other way around: it's 2 in stock, and Strategia changes it to 1. But the text on the upgrade window is the one from stock.

Fair enough. I'll assume it is for balance. I can't speak to that at all since I have only recently started messing around with Strategia. I think the config file threw me off. For selfish reasons I wanted to try out a whole bunch of different strategies to get a feel for the mod.

Say someone was so inclined, is it as easy as editing the CBK config file? 

Spoiler

@CUSTOMBARNKIT:FOR[Strategia]
{
    @ADMINISTRATION
    {
        @strategyCommitRange = 0.4, 0.7, 1
        @activeStrategyLimit = 2, 3, 4
    }
}

I only ask since from what I can see from the config file I should have 2 available strategies at lvl 1 and yet Strategia is conspiring against me!

Cheers,

Edited by Stratickus

@Stratickus & @monstah - Hmmm...  I thought I'd fixed that part in the UI to make it say 1 and not 2.  Actually, I think it's that I made a change in stock to allow me to override the text, but forgot to take advantage of it in the mod.  Will have to take a look at that soon (although if you can raise it on GitHub monstah, that would help me out).

As to why it's 2,3,4 in the config files it's because of the upgrade system.  I need an extra free slot to allow you to take the 2nd/3rd level strategies when you already have the 1st level strategy of the same type (it then cancels the 1st level one automatically).  That way you don't necessarily have to pay certain one-time costs twice (or in some cases it's a reduced cost).

Glad to be of assistance (I think).

23 hours ago, nightingale said:

As to why it's 2,3,4 in the config files it's because of the upgrade system.  I need an extra free slot to allow you to take the 2nd/3rd level strategies when you already have the 1st level strategy of the same type (it then cancels the 1st level one automatically).  That way you don't necessarily have to pay certain one-time costs twice (or in some cases it's a reduced cost).

That makes sense. I guess I wasn't paying that close of attention or maybe its only applicable to some strategies, but I thought one of the requirements for a level 2 strategy was a level 2 Admin building. 

Since nightingale is hopefully enjoying his vacation, does anyone else have any idea on how to edit the number of max available strategies per building level upgrade? I'd like to increase the max available to mess around with all the available strategies to see how it will fit into my career game play.

Cheers,

2 hours ago, Stratickus said:

I guess I wasn't paying that close of attention or maybe its only applicable to some strategies, but I thought one of the requirements for a level 2 strategy was a level 2 Admin building. 

Since nightingale is hopefully enjoying his vacation, does anyone else have any idea on how to edit the number of max available strategies per building level upgrade? I'd like to increase the max available to mess around with all the available strategies to see how it will fit into my career game play.

I figured out how to increase max available strategies if anyone else is interested. You just need to add one more than what you actually want. Also verified that all of the level 2 strategies have a level 2 Admin building as a requirement.

Spoiler

@CUSTOMBARNKIT:FOR[Strategia]
{
    @ADMINISTRATION
    {
        @strategyCommitRange = 0.4, 0.7, 1
        @activeStrategyLimit = 3, 4, 5    // originally 2,3,4
    }
}

Cheers,

4 hours ago, RobinVerhulstZ said:

Do the ridculous scale launches require an upper stage of (insert weight here) or does it include the weight of the stages dropped before orbit is achieved?

It only counts the mass of whatever makes it into orbit. This also means that, if your upper stage is JUST heavy enough when full of fuel, you may not be heavy enough when you reach orbit if you use up too much fuel from that stage on the way up. Does that sort of answer your question?

1 hour ago, Merkov said:

It only counts the mass of whatever makes it into orbit. This also means that, if your upper stage is JUST heavy enough when full of fuel, you may not be heavy enough when you reach orbit if you use up too much fuel from that stage on the way up. Does that sort of answer your question?

yes,it does,thanks.

Just as a random question. Is there a possibility that Strategia will ever receive a compatibility update for Galileo's Planet Pack?

If so, you got a lot of work ahead of you. That is if there are any plans of such an update.

On a different note, glad it's updated to 1.2!

18 minutes ago, nightingale said:

@Noname115 - generally speaking, it works with planet packs, although I do realize Galileo is more extreme.  Is there something specific that you are looking for or that is missing for compatibility?

Seeing as the entire solar system is new, it'd take more customizing to get it to work with it. Such as with Outer Planets Mod, I know that it's compatible with that. I was wondering if it was a possibility (now that I put this to words it sounds insane) that a complete overhaul could be done, supporting all planets and moons in the pack. The specific goals could stay the same (such as landing, planting a flag, etc.). I might sound a little overzealous by requesting such a feat, it's just the game doesn't really feel complete without Strategia, and I'm hooked on GPP.

22 hours ago, Noname115 said:

Seeing as the entire solar system is new, it'd take more customizing to get it to work with it. Such as with Outer Planets Mod, I know that it's compatible with that. I was wondering if it was a possibility (now that I put this to words it sounds insane) that a complete overhaul could be done, supporting all planets and moons in the pack. The specific goals could stay the same (such as landing, planting a flag, etc.). I might sound a little overzealous by requesting such a feat, it's just the game doesn't really feel complete without Strategia, and I'm hooked on GPP.

It's pretty planet pack friendly, so even with diverging like Galileo it should still work.  The planet icons will use defaults (Dres because it's boring), and there may be questionable balance issues, buy otherwise I think it should be good to go.

2 minutes ago, nightingale said:

It's pretty planet pack friendly, so even with diverging like Galileo it should still work.  The planet icons will use defaults (Dres because it's boring), and there may be questionable balance issues, buy otherwise I think it should be good to go.

I shall try it out then.

@nightingale I forgot to report this in a timely manner but I began a new career with Strategia 1.4.0 a while back and started grinding the GAP bus mission for some cash but realised it was giving over 150 reputation each time. Custom Barn Kit has the definition "reputationKerbalRecovery = 25" in the default.cfg and with my limited math skills I figured this gets applied to the six tourists at recovery. So for a quick fix in my own game I just dropped the number to one so I won't drown in stars. :rep:

I just noticed the same thing was reported for an earlier version and was supposedly fixed at one point according to git#30.

Full disclosure, I also upped the limit of active strategies by one (which, to me, feels actually nicely balanced; I can really boost the local science early on but later have to diversify. I use CTT and have the science rewards at 60% though) but I don't think that has any effect on the reputation thing, does it? :)

Anyway, loving the mod so far! It really adds a new layer of progression to the career and a good counterbalance to a long list of contracts from different packs.

@nightingale Will do, I haven't used GitHub yet but I'll figure it out. I'll do it tomorrow. And yeah, it really is quite overpowered since missions themselves typically give only a few reputation points, and I think it gives access to high level strategies too soon. The bus mission especially is so easy to repeat while grinding ksc science.

On 11/27/2016 at 7:43 AM, Merkov said:

Question @nightingale

Would it be possible to make the massive scale launch strategy levels additive, similar to some of the other strategies? I believe that right now (away from computer atm, so please forgive any errors) that you don't get any reward for 20 tons in orbit if you have level 3 of the strategy active. As it is right now, I rarely use level 3 since it's more lucrative in total to use level 1 or 2, for which far more of my launches will meet the criteria.

Edited by Norcalplanner
Accidentally paged Galileo - have GPP on the brain