[1.8.x+] Strategia [v1.8.0] [2019-10-22]

nightingale

On 4/22/2016 at 0:08 AM, nobodyhasthis2 said:

How does "to boldly go" work again?

I need to know that exact conditions to match to get it to work. So far i have seen it trigger only once and then it never works again.  

On 4/23/2016 at 3:27 AM, nightingale said:

Which effect?

To Boldly Go I adds +X Funds for science received from a biome where you've never gotten science before.
To Boldly Go II adds +X Funds for science received from a celestial body where you've never gotten science before.
To Boldly Go III adds milestone stuff.

Toss a save file my way (so I can see your science logs) and which biome/body you're getting science from and I'll take a look.

On 4/23/2016 at 5:19 AM, nightingale said:

And just to be super clear, the trigger is the OnScienceReceived event - meaning that it should happen when you either transmit science or recover a craft (was on mobile earlier, so I wasn't all that verbose).

@nightingale I am still having problems getting "To boldly go" to work in the game. I do have a ton of mods installed and something is stopping Strategia. Although contract configure is running fine. Can I send you a PM with a link to a save file?

I am not sure if you need a save with craft holding all the data just before recovery or the a save from the space center after recovery. What is more useful?

Also worth mentioning that I have science funding running (in lieu of some stock contracts). So the OnScienceReceived event would also be generating money anyway. I am wondering if blocks the biomes bonus shown above.

10 hours ago, _Zee said:

Having an issue with the Mun/Minmus Probe Strategies not actually giving an advance payment. I've tested with both Mun and Minmus, tried changing scenes several times, nothing seems to actually give the +100k or +75k advance payment. This is after confirming that the Contract spawned by Mun Probes is in my active list.

Thanks for all your work Nightingale.

2 hours ago, _Zee said:

Also, I'm not sure if its a case of the description having a typo, or the coding getting swapped, but the +400% world first -80% world first that comes from the Mun Probe Mission is backwards. Several times now I've seen an 80% increase to my funds earned from doing things at the Mun, and a -400% loss from doing things at Kerbin (which actually makes you lose funds from completing world firsts).

This'll be my 3rd bug report in less than 12 hours, so I figured I'd group them up together here. In addition to the bugs above, I'm also having issues getting To Boldly Go to pay out any bonuses. Tested this watching my funds like a hawk after landing on the Mun for the first time.

Figured I should also share my log and game data folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qbrbz435z9ghmgc/output_log.txt?dl=0

KSP_Game_Data.jpg

Edited by _Zee

15 hours ago, _Zee said:

Having an issue with the Mun/Minmus Probe Strategies not actually giving an advance payment. I've tested with both Mun and Minmus, tried changing scenes several times, nothing seems to actually give the +100k or +75k advance payment. This is after confirming that the Contract spawned by Mun Probes is in my active list.

Thanks for all your work Nightingale.

I can confirm this behavior. The 'Mun Program' did not give me the 100k advance when I took the strategy.

On 26/04/2016 at 9:59 PM, ibanix said:

Known issue. Quoting nightingale on this:

Thanks for the aswer

4 hours ago, ibanix said:

I can confirm this behavior. The 'Mun Program' did not give me the 100k advance when I took the strategy.

I second it too, but I got the money after, a bit after, not sure why or how.

Sorry all, I've just been swamped with work these past couple days, so fell a bit behind on this stuff.  I'll get everything logged into GitHub, but can't promise too much investigation tonight.  The release priorities at the moment are:

• Contract Configurator 1.10.5
  • Strategia 1.2.2
  • Anomaly Surveyor for KSP 1.1

Based on the devnotes, I expect that at some point in the middle of that KSP 1.1.1 will drop, which may or may not throw a wrench into those plans (or it may just delay it).

On 26/04/2016 at 8:07 AM, nobodyhasthis2 said:

I am still having problems getting "To boldly go" to work in the game. I do have a ton of mods installed and something is stopping Strategia. Although contract configure is running fine. Can I send you a PM with a link to a save file?

I am not sure if you need a save with craft holding all the data just before recovery or the a save from the space center after recovery. What is more useful?

Also worth mentioning that I have science funding running (in lieu of some stock contracts). So the OnScienceReceived event would also be generating money anyway. I am wondering if blocks the biomes bonus shown above.    

On 26/04/2016 at 10:47 AM, _Zee said:

This'll be my 3rd bug report in less than 12 hours, so I figured I'd group them up together here. In addition to the bugs above, I'm also having issues getting To Boldly Go to pay out any bonuses. Tested this watching my funds like a hawk after landing on the Mun for the first time.

Should be good with the information that's been given so far.  Raised #39.

On 26/04/2016 at 3:34 PM, ibanix said:

Raised #40.

Also, I'm not sure if its a case of the description having a typo, or the coding getting swapped, but the +400% world first -80% world first that comes from the Mun Probe Mission is backwards. Several times now I've seen an 80% increase to my funds earned from doing things at the Mun, and a -400% loss from doing things at Kerbin (which actually makes you lose funds from completing world firsts).

Can I get a screenshot on this one?  I took a quick peek and everything seems to be in order on this one (the config is a 5.0x and 0.2x multiplier - so it's rather difficult to get a reversed +80% / -400% out of that).

1 hour ago, nightingale said:

• Anomaly Surveyor for KSP 1.1

Ooooh. My favorite batch of contracts. <rubs hands with glee>. Seriously, thanks for taking all this time to work on these mods. You are a mod rock star.

29 minutes ago, Mr Shifty said:

Ooooh. My favorite batch of contracts. <rubs hands with glee>. Seriously, thanks for taking all this time to work on these mods. You are a mod rock star.

Being realistic though:

• Anomaly Surveyor for KSP 1.1 KSP 1.1.1

Hello, nightingale!  First, I'd like to tell you that after trying out this mod, I like it quite a lot.  The stock strategies always struck me as little more than a currency exchange, whereas yours are more, to use exactly the right word, strategic.  It appeals to me that to focus on one thing gives great benefit in exchange for significant cost to do anything outside that focus.  You provide a sense of direction here that was seriously lacking before--though maybe that should be expected from the person who wrote Waypoint Manager.  Additionally, I like the progression of strategies and very much appreciate the upgrade mechanic.  I noticed that you were reconsidering it earlier in the thread, so please take that as my two centiFund opinion.

Anyway, I would like to know something about the Pilot/Engineer/Scientist Focus strategies.  If I have, for example, a five-star Scientist and Scientist Focus III, does the +2 level effect 'overdrive' my Scientist to an effective level seven for purposes of research and science return?  Similarly, does something similar occur for Engineers and drills with the Engineer strategy?  I looked around in the thread and the documentation a bit for this information without success, and I haven't yet had enough time to play career mode to find out for myself.

23 hours ago, nightingale said:

[snip]

Can I get a screenshot on this one?  I took a quick peek and everything seems to be in order on this one (the config is a 5.0x and 0.2x multiplier - so it's rather difficult to get a reversed +80% / -400% out of that).

Will do. Might need to start another career since I've finished the probe part of my Mun program and now on the manned part of my Mun program. So it might take me a little while but I'll be back with screens.

Thanks again for everything Nightingale.

1 hour ago, Zhetaan said:

Hello, nightingale!  First, I'd like to tell you that after trying out this mod, I like it quite a lot.  The stock strategies always struck me as little more than a currency exchange, whereas yours are more, to use exactly the right word, strategic.  It appeals to me that to focus on one thing gives great benefit in exchange for significant cost to do anything outside that focus.  You provide a sense of direction here that was seriously lacking before--though maybe that should be expected from the person who wrote Waypoint Manager.  Additionally, I like the progression of strategies and very much appreciate the upgrade mechanic.  I noticed that you were reconsidering it earlier in the thread, so please take that as my two centiFund opinion.

Thanks!  I think I spoke too harshly on removing the upgrades...  I think I'll be able to fix the text in the Admin building itself (not the upgrade pop up), which might be good enough to reduce the support to something more reasonable. :)  

1 hour ago, Zhetaan said:

Anyway, I would like to know something about the Pilot/Engineer/Scientist Focus strategies.  If I have, for example, a five-star Scientist and Scientist Focus III, does the +2 level effect 'overdrive' my Scientist to an effective level seven for purposes of research and science return?  Similarly, does something similar occur for Engineers and drills with the Engineer strategy?  I looked around in the thread and the documentation a bit for this information without success, and I haven't yet had enough time to play career mode to find out for myself.

Nope, it'll top out at 5.  Stock limitations.  It would be hypothetically possible to mod it, but would need to add new stuff for the extra levels, and do UI stuff to make it show up right in a number of places, so probably not something I'll ever do.

So I haven't managed to grab a screen of the milestone bug during the Mun Probe mission, but it turns out its there for the Manned Mun mission as well. Here's a screen showing an 80% bonus.

20160429011921_1.jpg

7 hours ago, _Zee said:

So I haven't managed to grab a screen of the milestone bug during the Mun Probe mission, but it turns out its there for the Manned Mun mission as well. Here's a screen showing an 80% bonus.

20160429011921_1.jpg

That's working correctly, it's just that it's using KSP Math.  The numbers are actually "total (+additional)" when one would expect it to be "base (+additional)".  So all three numbers are:

base: 2,808
additional: 11,232 (base * 4)
total: 14,040 (base + base*4)

I do notice that you're missing the increase for the flag planting though, so raised #41 on that.

1 hour ago, nightingale said:

That's working correctly, it's just that it's using KSP Math.  The numbers are actually "total (+additional)" when one would expect it to be "base (+additional)".  So all three numbers are:

base: 2,808
additional: 11,232 (base * 4)
total: 14,040 (base + base*4)

I do notice that you're missing the increase for the flag planting though, so raised #41 on that.

Ahhhh. That's definitely a strange way of presenting it. Makes sense though, thanks for clearing it up. 

And yes, it seemed like the flag planting bonus wasn't given because the game considered the strategy complete before it got to that bonus.

33 minutes ago, _Zee said:

And yes, it seemed like the flag planting bonus wasn't given because the game considered the strategy complete before it got to that bonus.

Oh right, that's working as designed...  I had considered making it use "plant a flag" as the trigger to end the strategy, but mandatory flag planting (for XP and milestones) just irks me.

I have a problem with a function that calls on some currency change when researching something which leads to severe lag until I leave the research center and I also failed to properly do the plant flag thing (in 1.2.0 tho)

after returning kerbal and ship it didn't end, beside that great mod that really changes how career works. 

Will edit in the actual error once I get to research something again.

30 minutes ago, lude said:

I have a problem with a function that calls on some currency change when researching something which leads to severe lag until I leave the research center and I also failed to properly do the plant flag thing (in 1.2.0 tho)

after returning kerbal and ship it didn't end, beside that great mod that really changes how career works. 

Will edit in the actual error once I get to research something again.

Known issue, fixed in upcoming release.

After the engine switches to closed cycle it has about 12-15 times the thrust for the same amount of fuel, the X-44 Mattock for example from MK2 expansion, but also all others that follow that module design

i think it's because it takes the ISP rating for the JET/opencycle in closed cycle

-- edit -- 12-15 times meaning 4000kn thrust on a rather small, it's easy to speed up to ~15000m/s right after leaving  atmosphere with rather small fuel tanks, there's a few mods that offer these dual cycle engines

Edited by lude