[1.8.x+] Strategia [v1.8.0] [2019-10-22]

nightingale

4 hours ago, westamastaflash said:

Is the "Minmus Probes" strategy supposed to be disabled if I've only sent probes to the mun? Is is a feature?

Nah, I meant to change that.  Fixed for next release.

1 hour ago, EnDSchultz said:

Well, I really love this mod, but ever since I upgraded to KSP 1.1.2 (and I've upgraded Strategia and all dependencies to the latest versions), I'm not getting any contracts generating at all when I accept a Probe strategy. The contract should show up in the Active list, correct?

It should, but I've seen intermittent issues where it just doesn't want to show up (try declining a few offered contracts, might get it to go).  Or it could be a bug, in which case I'd need to see a log.

1 hour ago, EnDSchultz said:

Furthermore, To Boldly Go III is notifying me it's giving me the +50k for science from new biomes, but not the +200k for science from a new planet. Has KSP 1.1.2 seriously FUBAR'd something? :s

Had this reported a while back, but wasn't able to reproduce it.  Could you provide more info (screenshot of where you were expecting to get the bonus, so I know the exact experiment, etc.)?  Plus a save file would help here so I can inspect some other stuff.

Thanks for the quick reply. I've got some fairly good news for you. The issue with the contracts not appearing is as you say. If I decline enough offered contracts it seems the probe contract will eventually get added (though I sometimes need to decline a lot of them).

As for the problem with Boldly Go, it looks like the issue crops up if I take a bunch of science readings and then spam the "transmit" button on all the dialogues that come up - e.g, because I'm using a mod that automatically activates science components when able. As I mentioned, I only noticed that the notification for the reward wasn't showing up. Since a lot of other rewards (milestones, etc) often go along with the first science from a new planet, I couldn't tell if the funds were failing to be allocated as well or if it was only the notification getting lost

Whatever the case, it seems that as long as I only take and transmit a single science reading at first, I get the +200k reward for a new celestial body like I'm supposed to.

Just making sure I understand:

Trying to incorporate GAP into your PilotFocus

Is this how?

@STRATEGY_LEVEL_EXPAND[PilotFocus]:NEEDS[Strategia]
{
    @EFFECT[CurrencyOperationByContract]
    {
        contractType = GAP
    }
}

edit: I think I get it now. contracType = name of the contract in the cfg such as Wright-FirstFlight.  

Would the following work?

contractGroup = Giving Aircraft a Purpose 1.2.5

?

or what if I just wanted all contracts in the GAP\Milestones (GAP Core) folder to count for Pilot Focus I, and then GAP\Charters and Airlines and GAP\Stunts for Pilot Focus II, and GAP\Coast Guard and GAP\Space Shuttle Missions for Pilot Focus III?

Edited by inigma

8 hours ago, inigma said:

Just making sure I understand:

Trying to incorporate GAP into your PilotFocus

Is this how?

@STRATEGY_LEVEL_EXPAND[PilotFocus]:NEEDS[Strategia]
{
    @EFFECT[CurrencyOperationByContract]
    {
        contractType = GAP
    }
}

edit: I think I get it now. contracType = name of the contract in the cfg such as Wright-FirstFlight.  

Would the following work?

contractGroup = Giving Aircraft a Purpose 1.2.5

?

or what if I just wanted all contracts in the GAP\Milestones (GAP Core) folder to count for Pilot Focus I, and then GAP\Charters and Airlines and GAP\Stunts for Pilot Focus II, and GAP\Coast Guard and GAP\Space Shuttle Missions for Pilot Focus III?

What you have looks right, although the code wasn't looking at child groups (which I know you use fairly extensively).  I've fixed that for the next release.

Strategia does support changing a config node value for each level, but not with multiple values (in other words, you could only have one contract type/group per level then.  I'd have to make an enhancement to make it work that way.

contractType = Giving Aircraft a Purpose 1.2.5

does not work, because I don't think it's recognizing spaces in the Contract_Group name element.

contractType = GAP

does work if I rename the Contract_Group name element to GAP.

Do I need to have spaceless group names?

edit: my bad. it does work. :) 

what does not work is recognizing child groups alone, correct?

Edited by inigma

2 hours ago, inigma said:

contractType = Giving Aircraft a Purpose 1.2.5

does not work, because I don't think it's recognizing spaces in the Contract_Group name element.

contractType = GAP

does work if I rename the Contract_Group name element to GAP.

Do I need to have spaceless group names?

edit: my bad. it does work. :) 

what does not work is recognizing child groups alone, correct?

It should've recognized child groups alone before - but if you did just GAP it wouldn't have considered any contracts as part of GAP if they were actually part of a child group.  You can grab the dev dll where that should be fixed here.

On an aside, I'm about to get on a red-eye for a business trip - so expect support from me for the next 2 weeks to be sporadic.

53 minutes ago, nightingale said:

It should've recognized child groups alone before - but if you did just GAP it wouldn't have considered any contracts as part of GAP if they were actually part of a child group.  You can grab the dev dll where that should be fixed here.

On an aside, I'm about to get on a red-eye for a business trip - so expect support from me for the next 2 weeks to be sporadic.

I'm good for now. Have a good trip!

On ‎22‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 3:59 PM, nightingale said:

It gets asked.  A lot.  It says 2/3/4, but it's really 1/2/3 and the extra slot is for the upgrade functionality.  I'm either going to fix the display (may not be possible because of stock limitations) or drop the upgrade functionality because the question gets asked too many times.

Hi Nightingale.  I seem to have this issue again in 1.1.2 where I only have 3 strategies available with a fully upgraded admin building.

I do note the comment above and I haven't read everything since, but in my previous 1.0.5 game I had 4 working strategies. Screenie attached (Hopefully, I don't see it in preview). http://imgur.com/Dy9o223

I would LOVE to be able to get 4 strategies again and I'm not sure what's changed to revert it. Apologies if this is a repeat.

Dy9o223

13 hours ago, Chippy the Space Dog said:

Hi Nightingale.  I seem to have this issue again in 1.1.2 where I only have 3 strategies available with a fully upgraded admin building.

I do note the comment above and I haven't read everything since, but in my previous 1.0.5 game I had 4 working strategies. Screenie attached (Hopefully, I don't see it in preview). http://imgur.com/Dy9o223

I would LOVE to be able to get 4 strategies again and I'm not sure what's changed to revert it. Apologies if this is a repeat.

Well, I have no idea how you got 4 strategies in that screenshot, but it should've been a bug that is hopefully fixed - the intention was always 1 per admin building level.  The idea being that I want to make it so there is a real player decision in which strategies to pick (ie. you can't have all the strategies you want at a given time).  Whether 3 is the right number or not I'm not 100% sure about.  If I were to allow 4 strategies, would people want 5?

The other angle I looked at was dynamically increasing the limit (having a strategy that gives + 2 strategies, for a total of 1 extra).  I ended up not doing it, partially because I couldn't think of an ideal way to balance it and partially because there were technical challenges.

I keep hearing about more levels of buildings in stock - but not sure if that's something we're likely to see in 1.2 or not (in which case I may revisit how the levels are done and increase the max limit).

On ‎22‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 3:59 PM, nightingale said:

Can you confirm whether you got offered the Jool V contract when accepting the strategy?  I've seen some issues (but haven't been able to fully confirm/solve them) where the contract doesn't get given immediately.  If you don't have it, try to cancel a couple offered contracts to see if it gets automatically added to your list.

If that doesn't do it, then I'd need to see a KSP.log

Nothing I've ever heard of - I'd need to see a KSP.log (although confirming whether it works without Scatterer might be a good idea too.

It gets asked.  A lot.  It says 2/3/4, but it's really 1/2/3 and the extra slot is for the upgrade functionality.  I'm either going to fix the display (may not be possible because of stock limitations) or drop the upgrade functionality because the question gets asked too many times.

Aha, I didn't realise it was an intentional limit. I thought it was just meant to mirror the stock limitation.  I tried Strategia in two 1.0.5 builds, and in both at level 1 I couldn't get any strategy at all (saying my building level was too low) and at level 2 I could get two, but not with any upgrades,  but at level 3 I could get 4.  My 1.1.2 setup seems to be working then as you intend.

Thanks for reply!.  

Im not sure I understand the mission related Strategies incorrectly, or if I have a bug. Ive accepted the Minmus crewed strategy, which says it improves milestones funding rewards for minmus by 400%, and also says that it has an advance of 75K funds. Havent gotten to minmus to test the milestone rewards part just yet, but I also havent gotten the advance payment of 75K funds.

Misunderstanding, or bug?

8 hours ago, blu3wolf said:

Im not sure I understand the mission related Strategies incorrectly, or if I have a bug. Ive accepted the Minmus crewed strategy, which says it improves milestones funding rewards for minmus by 400%, and also says that it has an advance of 75K funds. Havent gotten to minmus to test the milestone rewards part just yet, but I also havent gotten the advance payment of 75K funds.

Misunderstanding, or bug?

Could be a bug.  Can you provide a log and raise a GitHub issue and I'll look at in in a couple weeks (currently out of town).

I think nightingale has commented on this before, but the 400% bonus is supposed to be to the base, not the overall.

eg it's milestone + 4x base, not 4x (milestone + base)

On April 29, 2016 at 1:18 PM, nightingale said:

That's working correctly, it's just that it's using KSP Math.  The numbers are actually "total (+additional)" when one would expect it to be "base (+additional)".  So all three numbers are:

base: 2,808
additional: 11,232 (base * 4)
total: 14,040 (base + base*4)

I do notice that you're missing the increase for the flag planting though, so raised #41 on that.

This is what I mean. 

6 hours ago, blu3wolf said:

Have gotten to minmus now, and I did not get the 400% milestone reward either! I got 78,000 from the milestone, plus a bonus 62,400, instead of a bonus 312,000 funds.

The base was 15,600. You recieved the base, plus 4x the base. 

15,600 + 4*(15,600) = 78,000

Still really enjoying this mod - it's much better than the stock strategies.

I did discover a small bug today with the Eve Probes strategy. I successfully landed three probes in different biomes, but it wouldn't complete the contract because two of my probes were splashed down in the Explodium Sea and Poles biomes. I was able to edit the persistence file and change the two probes from SPLASHED to LANDED, and then the contract completed after I switched to each of the probes.

Anyway, it may be worthwhile to change things so that probes which have either landed or splashed down still complete the probes missions.

8 hours ago, Norcalplanner said:

Still really enjoying this mod - it's much better than the stock strategies.

I did discover a small bug today with the Eve Probes strategy. I successfully landed three probes in different biomes, but it wouldn't complete the contract because two of my probes were splashed down in the Explodium Sea and Poles biomes. I was able to edit the persistence file and change the two probes from SPLASHED to LANDED, and then the contract completed after I switched to each of the probes.

Anyway, it may be worthwhile to change things so that probes which have either landed or splashed down still complete the probes missions.

Fixed for next release.

Hi Nightingale, and thanks for your work on the mod.  It worked fine for me for a few days, but now when I click on the Admin Building, I see it very briefly, but then the view reverts to KSC.  I can *hear* the Admin Building (the jazz, etc), and I can "close" it by hitting escape.  I have the most recent versions of Contract Config, Custom Barn Kit, and Module Manager; I installed them manually, but I think they're all in their proper positions in Gamedata.

My mod list includes Kerbalism, Stock Visual Enhancements, and EVE, and I wonder whether one of those might be the culprit?  I've had occasional graphics glitches with EVE -- mostly Kerbin kinda disappearing then reappearing when in orbit, but maybe some weirdness at KSC too.  I'm also running the Historic Missions Contract Pack, severedsolo's Bases & Stations, Achievements, Aviation Lights, BahaSP, CRP, EVE, Firespitter, Indicator Lights, KER, Planetary Base Systems, PreciseNode, RasterProp, Raidernick's two probe packs, SCANSat, scatterer, Smoke Screen, Station Science, TextureReplacer, and KAC.

I see a bunch of NREs relating to Kerbalism in my log.txt.  Is this the log you need?  It's in my Dropbox here.  (This is my first attempt with Dropbox, so pardon me if I messed it up.)  Linkage: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jgz2t5q4cskdqz1/KSP.log?dl=0

1 hour ago, Mister Spock said:

Hi Nightingale, and thanks for your work on the mod.  It worked fine for me for a few days, but now when I click on the Admin Building, I see it very briefly, but then the view reverts to KSC.  I can *hear* the Admin Building (the jazz, etc), and I can "close" it by hitting escape.  I have the most recent versions of Contract Config, Custom Barn Kit, and Module Manager; I installed them manually, but I think they're all in their proper positions in Gamedata.

My mod list includes Kerbalism, Stock Visual Enhancements, and EVE, and I wonder whether one of those might be the culprit?  I've had occasional graphics glitches with EVE -- mostly Kerbin kinda disappearing then reappearing when in orbit, but maybe some weirdness at KSC too.  I'm also running the Historic Missions Contract Pack, severedsolo's Bases & Stations, Achievements, Aviation Lights, BahaSP, CRP, EVE, Firespitter, Indicator Lights, KER, Planetary Base Systems, PreciseNode, RasterProp, Raidernick's two probe packs, SCANSat, scatterer, Smoke Screen, Station Science, TextureReplacer, and KAC.

I see a bunch of NREs relating to Kerbalism in my log.txt.  Is this the log you need?  It's in my Dropbox here.  (This is my first attempt with Dropbox, so pardon me if I messed it up.)  Linkage: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jgz2t5q4cskdqz1/KSP.log?dl=0

Link was fine, although there wasn't anything going on in terms of exceptions in the SPACECENTER scene.  There was a whole ton of other exceptions though - I'd maybe try to fix/update/remove those other mods that are causing exceptions and see if that changes anything.

Thanks for your reply.  I updated Kerbalism, which had a new patch today, but not sure it helped.  Oddly, now the strategy screen does appear if I keep the mouse in certain parts of the screen, but the KSC scene replaces it with the mouse in the center and in a few other odd locations.  Also, I'm using VoiceAttack to control KSP (to reduce RSI on my hands), but using a physical mouse click seems to work better than using a voice-commanded click.  Very weird, and almost certainly not the doing of your mod, so I'll bow out of here. :) 

I will uninstall the environmental mods next, and maybe go ask in their threads.