nightingale

[1.5.x] Strategia [v1.7.3] [2018-12-12]

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, vardicd said:

@nightingale Strategia has suddenly started misbehaving for me, video of what's going on:

Here's the output log: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/62gfzui2ka54o25/AADT9oLU03jr21hqK9-iaPZLa?dl=0

It's been working fine for me for weeks, all I did today was update the bases and stations mod pack, and the AMP year mod.

I don't know what causes it to do that, but I believe it's a stock bug versus something Strategia does.  I just tried and I can't reproduce it right now (but I used to see that all the time, but not nearly that bad).  I'm fairly certain that I reproduced it without Strategia too.

I can't tell since you didn't record the cursor, but I mostly saw it when the cursor was between the strategy columns.  The various building interiors are just overlays on top of the space center - so it's possible that there's something messed up with the z-levels (but not sure why the on mouse-over type event would screw that up).  I'll do some more digging and see if I can reproduce this again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, this happens to me. I have found that it depends where the cursor is. Some strategies, I can hover the mouse on them, and the screen stays visible as long as I dont move the mouse. Move it off though, and the whole overlay is gone. move it around at random, try to find another spot...

Interestingly, I found that after I completed Mun Probes, it stopped doing it. I was thrilled! Unfortunately, it started doing it again after I completed Mun Mission / started Duna Probes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, nightingale said:

I don't know what causes it to do that, but I believe it's a stock bug versus something Strategia does.  I just tried and I can't reproduce it right now (but I used to see that all the time, but not nearly that bad).  I'm fairly certain that I reproduced it without Strategia too.

I can't tell since you didn't record the cursor, but I mostly saw it when the cursor was between the strategy columns.  The various building interiors are just overlays on top of the space center - so it's possible that there's something messed up with the z-levels (but not sure why the on mouse-over type event would screw that up).  I'll do some more digging and see if I can reproduce this again.

 

1 hour ago, blu3wolf said:

Yeah, this happens to me. I have found that it depends where the cursor is. Some strategies, I can hover the mouse on them, and the screen stays visible as long as I dont move the mouse. Move it off though, and the whole overlay is gone. move it around at random, try to find another spot...

Interestingly, I found that after I completed Mun Probes, it stopped doing it. I was thrilled! Unfortunately, it started doing it again after I completed Mun Mission / started Duna Probes.

I have used strategia for literally months, I have never, ever seen this behavior before today. Strange

EDIT: and so far today its not doing it again either. I can not reproduce the behavior I was seeing last night, so I have no idea.

Edited by vardicd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps an interaction with another mod? Or else it only happens on some other certain condition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, blu3wolf said:

Perhaps an interaction with another mod? Or else it only happens on some other certain condition.

I have no idea, could easily be KSP just being its random glitch self.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New release, download is here!

Strategia 1.3.0

  • Added basic support for ResearchBodies (strategies for unresearched bodies are unavailable).
  • Combine popups triggered with the same text/purpose.
  • Made contracts work better with Contract Configurator 1.15.x.
  • Added loading tip.
  • Fixed To Boldly Go not awarding bonuses when the science reward slider isn't set to 100% (thanks Smu).
  • Fixed minor issues with currency popups.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've tried to find this problem I had but the forum search is coming up empty. I completed the Mun Probe mission. I then selected The Mun Program. I saw that the mission says "No fly-by of the Mun" as a requirement to accept it, and no kerbals had. However, when I sent a two-kerbal crew for an Apollo 8 style mission, I was informed that The Mun Program had failed because of a flyby. Is that something working as expected? Will it go away when my crew returns from Mun and lands on Kerbin? I'm perplexed because it showed up when I entered Mun's SOI and didn't remove itself when I went into orbit around it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Daelkyr said:

I've tried to find this problem I had but the forum search is coming up empty. I completed the Mun Probe mission. I then selected The Mun Program. I saw that the mission says "No fly-by of the Mun" as a requirement to accept it, and no kerbals had. However, when I sent a two-kerbal crew for an Apollo 8 style mission, I was informed that The Mun Program had failed because of a flyby. Is that something working as expected? Will it go away when my crew returns from Mun and lands on Kerbin? I'm perplexed because it showed up when I entered Mun's SOI and didn't remove itself when I went into orbit around it.

Can you show me the screen that says it failed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, nightingale said:

Can you show me the screen that says it failed?

Sure. As soon as I hit Mun's SOI it pops up and says it's no longer available.

bV8B24r.pngEyGZ9gz.png

Edited by Daelkyr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Daelkyr said:

Sure. As soon as I hit Mun's SOI it pops up and says it's no longer available.

This looks like intended behaviour. The game isn't telling you the strategy failed, only that it is no longer available. Notice in your second screenshot that the Mun Program is still an active strategy. The game is telling you that, since you have now done a crewed flyby of the Mun, you can never begin that strategy again, but the one that is already active is still in play. You will continue to get bonuses for Mun-related firsts and the contract will complete when you plant a flag on the Mun's surface. Just don't cancel the strategy because you won't be able to take it again.

Edited by Merkov
Typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, New Horizons said:

Does it make sense, that you have to land probes on different biomes of gas giants?

It's a bug/limitation with mods that add a PQS Controller to gas giants.  That includes Kopernicus (in certain configurations - RSS mainly) and RVE (I think).  Can't be fixed without stock changes or changes to those mods..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I expected something like this. A very nice mod so far - but not usefull for the outer planets in RSS. For progressing from first Moon landings to Venus and Mars it was perfect.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, New Horizons said:

I expected something like this. A very nice mod so far - but not usefull for the outer planets in RSS. For progressing from first Moon landings to Venus and Mars it was perfect.

 

I ran into the same problem. Still works for Mercury - although completing that strategy was one of the hardest things I've ever done in KSP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Completing the Mercury one does not make sense, it is unrealistic and rewards are not in line with each other. Mars for example only gives 25.000 bugs reward. I do not demand that all these numbers should be fine for a very different RSS and RP-0 money system, but for now rewards seem to be nonsense. Much better are probe boosts in RSS, which make exploring Moon and the rocky planets fantastic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With RSS I get an interesting Log Spam

[LOG 13:38:27.925] Strategia: Setting up Kerbal Experience
[LOG 13:38:27.929] CurrencyOperationRandomized.OnLoadFromConfig
[LOG 13:38:27.932] CurrencyOperationRandomized.OnLoadFromConfig
[LOG 13:38:27.933] CurrencyOperationRandomized.OnLoadFromConfig
[LOG 13:38:27.940] Strategia: Setting up Media Star Experience
[WRN 13:38:27.949] HighlightingSystem : Edge Highlighting requires AA to work!
[LOG 13:38:27.950] [MessageSystem] Reposition 0.02 98105
[LOG 13:38:28.182] Candidate List: 0
[ERR 13:38:28.182] Couldn't find appropriate planet/experiment!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I gotta say, this mod is pretty awesome :) Thanks for all your hard work! That said, I do have a small gripe about it...

You sir, have unbalanced my early game career play! :P having never played it, I started a new career with it and my usual set o mods. Grabbed the Local Science 2 strat. after a few probe launches around kerbin, and then...did all the science I could around KSC. My jaw nearly fell off at how much science I got from doing that! Then proceeded to unlock mroe science expriments, like you'd usually do in career, then repeat the previous step, and then get more experiments, and repeat again...I think you see where this is going :P

I have remotetech on, and haven't even left orbit from Kerbin, and already have up to all the 90 science nodes, and a handful of the 160's and a 300 node! And seeing as how i'm only running the lvl 2 local science, I'd be darn afraid to find out how far that would have propelled me if I had gone for that before my science runs.

Anyways, awesome mod regardless! I just kinda wish I had some notion of how close to OP that particular strat was prior to using it :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DracoSilverpath said:

I gotta say, this mod is pretty awesome :) Thanks for all your hard work! That said, I do have a small gripe about it...

You sir, have unbalanced my early game career play! :P having never played it, I started a new career with it and my usual set o mods. Grabbed the Local Science 2 strat. after a few probe launches around kerbin, and then...did all the science I could around KSC. My jaw nearly fell off at how much science I got from doing that! Then proceeded to unlock mroe science expriments, like you'd usually do in career, then repeat the previous step, and then get more experiments, and repeat again...I think you see where this is going :P

I have remotetech on, and haven't even left orbit from Kerbin, and already have up to all the 90 science nodes, and a handful of the 160's and a 300 node! And seeing as how i'm only running the lvl 2 local science, I'd be darn afraid to find out how far that would have propelled me if I had gone for that before my science runs.

Anyways, awesome mod regardless! I just kinda wish I had some notion of how close to OP that particular strat was prior to using it :P

Well, that's a 50% boost to the science from KSC.  So it's big, but a lot of that is what you'd be getting even without that strategy.  There are a *lot* of biomes around KSC - personally I'm off the opinion that we shouldn't be getting science credit for "R&D Building Three" and stuff like that, but that's not an issue that I'm looking to address in this mod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nightingale said:

Well, that's a 50% boost to the science from KSC.  So it's big, but a lot of that is what you'd be getting even without that strategy.  There are a *lot* of biomes around KSC - personally I'm off the opinion that we shouldn't be getting science credit for "R&D Building Three" and stuff like that, but that's not an issue that I'm looking to address in this mod.

I MAY be guilty of having stacked this with the probes II strategy. Bonus local science plus bonus probe recovery science? I'll take it! 

By far my favorite strategy has to be the large scale launches II. Now I am rewarded for being impatient when building space stations. I expect I'll upgrade to the third tier once I unlock more SpaceY colossal rockets. 

Basically, I love the ability that this mod gives you to chose your own playstyle. Fantastic job. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, nightingale said:

Well, that's a 50% boost to the science from KSC.  So it's big, but a lot of that is what you'd be getting even without that strategy.  There are a *lot* of biomes around KSC - personally I'm off the opinion that we shouldn't be getting science credit for "R&D Building Three" and stuff like that, but that's not an issue that I'm looking to address in this mod.

I agree with what you said here, and honestly I hadn't realized there was sooooo many biomes there beyond the obvious ones! My plan now, is gonna be to restart my career since I was only like 2 hours in, and not go for that strategy. I'm also planning to nerf the KSC science modifiers with DMagic's science editor so I can at most only unlock a small handful of tech nodes before heading off into space

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think GAP and Tourism are competing for Pilot Focus.

I have this patch in GAP:

//see https://github.com/jrossignol/ContractPack-Tourism/blob/master/GameData/ContractPacks/Tourism/Patches/Strategia.cfg

@STRATEGY_LEVEL_EXPAND[PilotFocus]:NEEDS[Strategia]
{
    @EFFECT[CurrencyOperationByContract]
    {
        !contractType = TourismContract
        !contractType = Tourism
        contractType = GAP
    }
}

 

but I think because Tourism's Strategia patch loads after GAP, that GAP is not able to override it, and thus Tourism is all that ever appears in Pilot Focus when both GAP and Tourism Plus are installed.

 

Does Strategia allow multiple contractTypes to be listed? If not, do you have a suggestion on how to avoid this MM patch conflict and make Tourism Plus and GAP share their claim to Pilot Focus?

 

I could add an AFTER switch

 

@STRATEGY_LEVEL_EXPAND[PilotFocus]:NEEDS[Strategia]:AFTER[Strategia]
{
    @EFFECT[CurrencyOperationByContract]
    {
        !contractType = TourismContract
        !contractType = Tourism
        contractType = GAP
    }
}

 

and this works. But as the developer of Tourism Plus, and Strategia (convenient!) I thought I'd ask for your input on how to resolve these two pack's claim on Pilot Focus in general.  Is it possible to enhance Strategia to allow multiple parent contractTypes?

Edited by inigma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I just figured it out... you can allow multiples. It's just MM logic that was throwing me off.

This is the fix:

@STRATEGY_LEVEL_EXPAND[PilotFocus]:NEEDS[Strategia]:AFTER[Strategia]
{
    @EFFECT[CurrencyOperationByContract]
    {
        contractType = GAP
    }
}

 

Since you are already removing TourismContract, and I do as well, it creates two deletion requests... leading my patch to get deleted when Tourism Plus's patch loads.  The fix above is actually working beautifully and Pilot Focus now applies to Tourism Plus and to GAP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a way to get this to work (less wierdly) with galactic neighborhood? or with mods that alter the base solar system and/or add other stars? It seems to conk out with the exploration strategies and wants me to plant flags on the sun or other stars

Edited by Citizen Joe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Citizen Joe said:

Is there a way to get this to work (less wierdly) with galactic neighborhood? or with mods that alter the base solar system and/or add other stars? It seems to conk out with the exploration strategies and wants me to plant flags on the sun or other stars

There's some Kopernicus configs that mess with detection of non-rocky bodies.  I'm still looking into fixes for that.  Are there other specific issues that you have with galactic neighborhood?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.