[1.8.x+] Strategia [v1.8.0] [2019-10-22]

nightingale

Hi, I just started playing and have silly question:

In uncrewed program you have to "Land probes in three different biomes on Iota".

Does that mean there must be three probes landed at the same time, or can I send one and hop around?

EDIT: You can hop around with one probe. Plural in contract target is a bit misleading. Maybe something like: "Perform landing in three biomes on <planet> with a probe"?

Edited by Irrehaare

So, for me, Duna program is not showing up in the Admin building. I have outer planets mod installed, and those are showing up, but the Duna program isn't. I looked in the files, and it is mentioned in the beggining where it defines the icons, but it is missing from the rewards part of the file. Does anyone else have this issue? I am using 1.6.0 from CKAN, but even when I downloaded the file from Git-Hub it didn't show up, so it seems it is missing for some reason?

Edit: I have sigma binary and Duna Ike Binary installed, which seems to change the name in the map. I'll investigate this further.

Edit 2: That seems to be what it was. I'll leave all this here for anyone else that comes across this issue!

Edited by HoveringKiller

Hi, I'm several hours into a game now using GPP.

I have the building fully developed and it says I can have a maximum of 4 strategies.

One of the strategies I have is Local Science I.

It says I can upgrade to level II but the accept button is greyed out and in red I am told that the maximum number of strategies is 4.

I thought, "easy fix" and cancelled Local Science I - so that I could start Local Science II - making 4 strategies in total.

However, after cancelling Local Science I, the maximum number of strategies dropped to 3 and so now I have lost the benefits Local Science I.

Your mod came as recommended with an install of GPP with CKAN. If I had installed GPP manually, I probably would never have thought to even try your mod. So I guess we could always blame CKAN :)

Any road up, Do you know of the bug?  Is a fix in the works?

On 1/21/2018 at 5:09 PM, HoveringKiller said:

So, for me, Duna program is not showing up in the Admin building. I have outer planets mod installed, and those are showing up, but the Duna program isn't. I looked in the files, and it is mentioned in the beggining where it defines the icons, but it is missing from the rewards part of the file. Does anyone else have this issue? I am using 1.6.0 from CKAN, but even when I downloaded the file from Git-Hub it didn't show up, so it seems it is missing for some reason?

Edit: I have sigma binary and Duna Ike Binary installed, which seems to change the name in the map. I'll investigate this further.

Edit 2: That seems to be what it was. I'll leave all this here for anyone else that comes across this issue!

Were you able to fix it? Chances are the Strategia definitions can be changed to the Duna-Ike binary name and be restored. If this is the case then you could write up an MM patch to apply this fix and then ask that either Strategia or Sigma Binary to include this compatibility patch.

On 1/24/2018 at 3:13 PM, Daveroski said:

Hi, I'm several hours into a game now using GPP.

I have the building fully developed and it says I can have a maximum of 4 strategies.

One of the strategies I have is Local Science I.

It says I can upgrade to level II but the accept button is greyed out and in red I am told that the maximum number of strategies is 4.

I thought, "easy fix" and cancelled Local Science I - so that I could start Local Science II - making 4 strategies in total.

However, after cancelling Local Science I, the maximum number of strategies dropped to 3 and so now I have lost the benefits Local Science I.

Your mod came as recommended with an install of GPP with CKAN. If I had installed GPP manually, I probably would never have thought to even try your mod. So I guess we could always blame CKAN :)

Any road up, Do you know of the bug?  Is a fix in the works?

I may be misunderstanding your issue but as far as I know, at Strategia's default settings the Administration Center can support 1, 2, and 3 strategies at each level. This is modified from the stock Admin Center which can support 2, 3, and 4 strategies. I remember there being some display bugs about this and various different screens show either the stock or the modified value. Look around in the upgrade menu and the actual strategies window to see your maximum strategy count and you will see if this is your problem.

On 21/01/2018 at 9:09 AM, HoveringKiller said:

I also have the same problem (see last post on previous page). You'll noticed that the strategies for plock/karen also dis-appear. I have notified @Sigma88 about it already, and made an issue for it on github, to see if there is anything that can be done from that end. Sigma isn't really around the forums anymore, but is still developing his mods. Not sure about @nightingale, though. Hopefully a fix becomes available before I have duna and plock capable rockets in my space program. 

10 hours ago, canisin said:

Were you able to fix it? Chances are the Strategia definitions can be changed to the Duna-Ike binary name and be restored. If this is the case then you could write up an MM patch to apply this fix and then ask that either Strategia or Sigma Binary to include this compatibility patch.

I was going to try this, but couldn't understand enough about the existing default sigma binary and the strategia .cfgs to do this. 

Edited by Errol

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/01/2018 at 1:03 PM, Errol said:

@nightingale Do you have any ideas about this Sigma Binary disappearing strategies bug? As I said, it looks like you have addressed in the past (at least in the change logs). Sigma no longer monitors the forums, however is still developing mods. I reached out to him, and he has no idea what could be causing this. Any hints?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2017 at 11:34 AM, TK421 said:

Hello Nightingale,

I had noticed one of my kerbals portraits was disappearing and had assumed it was related to Portrait Stats, however Dmagic has suggested that this mod might be causing it directly as his doesn't touch Kerbal levels. 

I (somehow, despite only having level 0/1 kerbals) got a contract to rescue a level 5 scientist from LKO, and when I activated the science strategy granting him +2 effective levels, his portrait no longer shows up.

I'm not really concerned about it, but just thought I'd point it out in case it is a problem of Strategia.

Yep,  that's a problem caused by Strategia.

Here's how I fixed it: https://github.com/jrossignol/Strategia/pull/70

I have a suggestion about this mod for early-game programs when Kerbin isn't the primary body of its system.

This is the case, among others, with the planet pack "New Horizons", in which Kerbin orbits the gas giant Sonnah, with 4 other moons. As a result, there is a "Sonnah V" contract, but it's pretty much impossible to complete, because you need to do all the game up to the point you have an admin building level 3, chances are you'll have sent something out of Kerbin.

So, here's my suggestion.

If the mod detects Kerbin is not the primary of its system, but instead the moon of a GG, there are 2 types of contracts created:

-Moon contracts: For these, you need to land on 3 biomes/plant a flag on the moon of the GG "X"

-Multi-landing contract: This contract is unlocked at level 2 if the GG has more than 1 moon excluding Kerbin, and you only need not to have already completed it to be able to do it. You need to land on all other moons of the GG with a ship, then return to Kerbin to complete it.

Edited by MinimalMinmus

• 4 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, A Rabid Dingo said:

Hello! I'm interested in giving this a try. Do you have to start a new career, or are you able to slot it into an existing save file without horribly breaking everything?

It'll only break stuff if you have existing strategies taken.  Even then, it probably won't actually break.  From a balance point of view I would recommend a new career (perhaps in 1.4.1?  new release is very close).

---

And here we go, new release time!  Download here.

Strategia 1.7.0

• Rebuild for KSP 1.4.1.
  • Fixed issue where the level boosting strategies could boost a level too high and break things (thanks Mihara).
  • Removed stock references to slider values in messages for strategies that weren't available due to insufficient Admin Building level.
Edited by nightingale

I have got a problem with the Pilot Focus: On every change of influence the boni get lost. For example: I am on the launchpad and it shows all the additional navigation options next to the navball, i start the rocket and they are gone. So i quickly eva to get them back. Then on leaving the atmosphere the same thing happens. And again on entering orbit, etc. I am not shure if it affects the rewards as well. When i did tourist missions and i had it on Pilot Focus II i got 50% instead of 100% to rewards, on Pilot Focus III it was ~75% instead of 200%. I mean from a balancing standpoint it is alright, but maybe thats not the way it was intended.

Oh and i think i had the same issue with the Scientist Focus. The additional stars went missing like they do now and i had to eva to get them back. I didnt really pay attention to the boni - they may have been affected as well.

@zwinst - I've fixed an issue around the levels not displaying properly and not always being set right, but I didn't see anything obvious for the rewards.  I'll likely need to see a KSP.log covering the timespan where you were supposed to get the modified rewards.

On 30/03/2018 at 8:45 PM, MistaJunior said:

The Astronaut training strategy is not giving any xp. The console says awarding experience, but no actual xp is gained. 

I'll have to take a look at this, haven't tested in a while so it's possible that something in stock broke.  Meanwhile it may be useful if you provide a log in case there's some kind of exception that is preventing them from getting the XP.