[1.8.x+] Strategia [v1.8.0] [2019-10-22]

nightingale

Landing on the Mun or Minmus completes the Mun/Minmus program contract, but still doesn't let me take a different strategy, saying that I have not returned a Kerbal from the Mun or Minmus, even though I have

17 hours ago, dlrk said:

Landing on the Mun or Minmus completes the Mun/Minmus program contract, but still doesn't let me take a different strategy, saying that I have not returned a Kerbal from the Mun or Minmus, even though I have

Those two things are unrelated.  You must recover a Kerbal after they've visited the Mun/Minmus.  This just looks at the stock progression stuff.

@nightingale LOL...I've moved on from locating weirdness (my fault) in CC to locating weirdness (TBD my fault? :sticktongue:) in Strategia and didn't see this reported on GitHub.  Just had this NRE surface in the R&D screen for the first time today.  Until this happened, this had been working perfectly for me as near as I could tell.  Don't know if it's important or not but I was researching Flight Control when this happened.  It spammed the log until I left R&D but that appeared to be the only thing happening...not sure though.  After returning to the R&D screen it did not come back again and I definitely haven't seen it in the Admin building.  Let me know if you want logs (saved 'em this time!)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Strategia.CurrencyPopup.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

7 minutes ago, rasta013 said:

@nightingale LOL...I've moved on from locating weirdness (my fault) in CC to locating weirdness (TBD my fault? :sticktongue:) in Strategia and didn't see this reported on GitHub.  Just had this NRE surface in the R&D screen for the first time today.  Until this happened, this had been working perfectly for me as near as I could tell.  Don't know if it's important or not but I was researching Flight Control when this happened.  It spammed the log until I left R&D but that appeared to be the only thing happening...not sure though.  After returning to the R&D screen it did not come back again and I definitely haven't seen it in the Admin building.  Let me know if you want logs (saved 'em this time!)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Strategia.CurrencyPopup.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Known issue.  Will be fixed in next release.

Nightingale,

I believe I've figured why the Mun/Minmus landing parameter is being completed. I'm using an Apollo-style mission with a separate lander, and the lander never returns to Kerbin, so KSP isn't logging a vessel being returned from the Mun's surface. Would it be possible for Strategia to work around this in the future?

Hey @nightingale, is there a way to force reactivation of a given strategy? After KSP crashed on me, I found that all my strategies reset. Unfortunately, one I was running was Mun Probes, and because I have now reached the Mun, I cannot restart it.

Edit: I'm in luck. Managed to readd the strategy from a backup quicksave where it was still active.

Edited by BigFatStupidHead

Hey nightingale, just started a fresh save and completed the first few launches. The administration building says I can have max 2 strategies (I've taken Local Science I) but if I highlight another strategy, such as Pilot Focus I, it says 'The Administration Building cannot support more than 1 active strategy at this level.'

I checked your issue tracker, and this doesn't appear to be in there anywhere.

Edited by LemonSkin

16 minutes ago, LemonSkin said:

The administration building says I can have max 2 strategies (I've taken Local Science I) but if I highlight another strategy, such as Pilot Focus I, it says 'The Administration Building cannot support more than 1 active strategy at this level.'

Ditto, though I'm not sure if this is intended behaviour or not. Appears to persist through building upgrades too The actual strategy limit is always the stated maximum -1.

Nothing suspicious in the logs, but I can grab one if it would help.

5 hours ago, LemonSkin said:

Hey nightingale, just started a fresh save and completed the first few launches. The administration building says I can have max 2 strategies (I've taken Local Science I) but if I highlight another strategy, such as Pilot Focus I, it says 'The Administration Building cannot support more than 1 active strategy at this level.'

I checked your issue tracker, and this doesn't appear to be in there anywhere.

4 hours ago, steve_v said:

Ditto, though I'm not sure if this is intended behaviour or not. Appears to persist through building upgrades too The actual strategy limit is always the stated maximum -1.

Nothing suspicious in the logs, but I can grab one if it would help.

I believe this has been reported to @nightingale many times and it's a stock-related (or perhaps stock-limited) bug.  I don't believe there is anything that can be done about it at the moment.  Here is Nightingales response the last time this issue was posted (page 13):

On 4/22/2016 at 9:59 AM, nightingale said:

It gets asked.  A lot.  It says 2/3/4, but it's really 1/2/3 and the extra slot is for the upgrade functionality.  I'm either going to fix the display (may not be possible because of stock limitations) or drop the upgrade functionality because the question gets asked too many times.

1 hour ago, Ignath said:

I believe this has been reported many times and it's a stock-related (or perhaps stock-limited) bug.

Oops, guess I shoud have read back up the thread. :blush: Apologies for the noise.

Release day, with the most important fix ever included (I'll let you guess which one that is).  Download here!

Strategia 1.2.2

• Output the adjusted number of max strategies allowed in the admin building so that people stop posting about it in the thread (thanks literally everyone).
  • Fixed exceptions when researching a tech (thanks smjjames).
  • Change currency popups symbols to work around font issue.
  • Fixed exception loading Massive Scale Launches (thanks KocLobster).
  • Workaround for KSP 1.1 bug where vertical scrollbars don't work in Admin UI.
  • Fixed some issues with cancelling contract-based strategies.
  • Allow a Kerbal returning being landed on a moon to trigger the planetary strategies to handle cases where the ship doesn't make it home (thanks dlrk).
  • Fixed Pilot Focus III ISP adjustments with multi-mode engines (thanks lude).

33 minutes ago, ibanix said:

Welp, upgraded to 1.2.2:

* Lost my existing strategies

* No strategies for Wernher (Uncrewed) or Linus (Science) at all, they're just not even there

KSP log file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4Rt7Cyo760PdjJVYlFrMjF5Q1k/view

Edit: Reverted back to previous version, this fixed issues

You've got a fairly old version of Contract Configurator, which is what's causing the problem.  I forgot to mention that the minimum version of Contract Configurator is now 1.11.0 (I'll have to go and put some proper version/compatibility checking in).

2 hours ago, tarkhil said:

I cannot scroll down lists. Horisontal scrollbar works ok, vertical is dead, and my screen is not tall enough to fit all choices :(

KSP prerelease from Steam, 1.1.0.1228

Stock bug, fixed in 1.1.2

Well, I really love this mod, but ever since I upgraded to KSP 1.1.2 (and I've upgraded Strategia and all dependencies to the latest versions), I'm not getting any contracts generating at all when I accept a Probe strategy. The contract should show up in the Active list, correct?

Furthermore, To Boldly Go III is notifying me it's giving me the +50k for science from new biomes, but not the +200k for science from a new planet. Has KSP 1.1.2 seriously FUBAR'd something? :s