[1.8.x+] Strategia [v1.8.0] [2019-10-22]

nightingale

@nightingale Question about the Stagnated Research Strategy. One of the requirements is that I must not have researched all technology. I take that to mean I still need to have tech nodes to unlock in the tech tree, which I do, but Strategia is saying that "All technology is researched."

Am I missing something?

Edited by Stratickus

3 hours ago, nascarlaser1 said:

Does this incorporate into pre-made careers? or do I have to make a new one? (I have no active stock strategies, just a few contracts, and I use the EE (or is it ETT??) tech tree to choose my own path.

Works perfectly with existing saves.

On 12/1/2016 at 10:09 PM, Stratickus said:

@nightingale Question about the Stagnated Research Strategy. One of the requirements is that I must not have researched all technology. I take that to mean I still need to have tech nodes to unlock in the tech tree, which I do, but Strategia is saying that "All technology is researched."

Am I missing something?

I did some more 'testing.' I used a clean install with just Strategia and necessary dependencies and still ran into the same issue. I also bought all researched technologies. I'm not sure if anyone else uses that setting, but it did not seem to effect being able to select the strategy.

Cheers,

8 minutes ago, nightingale said:

@Stratickus - That would be a sensible change, let me look at that for the next release.

Sounds good. Just to clarify, I think Stagnated Research also has a bug. That or I am missing something very obvious and/or am misunderstanding what the "Must not have researched all technology (All technology is researched)"  requirement for the strategy means. On a new career save at the very beginning (where I have not researched a single tech node) this is the only requirement I cannot meet in order to select the strategy. Hope that helps.

Cheers,

1 hour ago, Stratickus said:

Sounds good. Just to clarify, I think Stagnated Research also has a bug. That or I am missing something very obvious and/or am misunderstanding what the "Must not have researched all technology (All technology is researched)"  requirement for the strategy means. On a new career save at the very beginning (where I have not researched a single tech node) this is the only requirement I cannot meet in order to select the strategy. Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Err...  I swapped my replies.  Stagnated Research is a definite bug, is what I meant to say. :)

New release!  Download here.

Strategia 1.5.0

• Massive Scale Launches strategy now incrementally gives the bonuses (you can still get the level 1 bonus if you don't meet the threshold for level 3).
  • Show the correct max number of strategies on the description text of the Administration building.
  • Minor Operations department balance (thanks Stratickus).
  • Reduce Kerbal recovery reputation by a factor of 10 (thanks BureauJaeger).
  • Fix issue with Stagnated Research not being selectable (thanks Stratickus).
  • Adjust order of Gene/Wernher in the admin building.
  • Use correct currency symbols.

1 hour ago, Li0n said:

Thanks for the update :D

I made a PR a week ago to improve the triple monitor support of Strategia, do you consider merging it ? I don't want to rush you, don't know if you saw it.

Saw it while I was on vacation, and promptly forgot about it when I got home.  Sorry, I don't get many PRs - will look at it now.

Does anyone else have issues with the Contract Slot Machine's rewards not actually being aligned to the ones it says on the contracts list? I have CSM III and this tends to be what happens for me : 

f4fd934eb48b07c30d47c77b6ddbbe45.png 

The listed rewards values ^

The actual rewards values v

e7dc08cf1e0bfc3f519cbc9437580fc0.jpg

I was under the impression the rewards are what's listed in the contracts window, as THOSE are what's randomized, not that it's randomized all the time because that'd be kind of silly given the strategy's whole point. 

Edited by Jaxx

@Jaxx - it's been reported, but I haven't had much luck reproducing before.  So a couple things for you:

1. Can you provide your save file?
  2. How long was there between accepting and completing the contract?  Or better yet, how many other contracts did you interact with (accept, look at, complete, etc.)?

For 2., I noticed that it was happening and immediately found a contract to do to reproduce it, so I basically went directly from that contract acceptance screen to doing it, in that 16 minute mission time window, and touched down and immediately screenshotted the notification for it. The save file is at https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74775048/output logs/Jackson/quicksave 5.sfs .

Hi there! Really looking forward to using this mod, but I was hoping to do so as part of a big heavily-modded career game, and one mod I'm using (Galactic Neighborhood) changes the "central point" from Kerbol to a Galactic Core, and positions a number of stars including Kerbol around it. When starting this new game with Strategia, I discovered that instead of Duna Program and other planetary targets, it was giving me the new stars as targets for the strategy. I assume this is because it was coded to find nearby planets by looking at bodies in the SOI of the central point; I'm wondering, is there something somewhere that could be tweaked to put it back on target, finding bodies in orbit of Kerbol? I get that this is a pretty niche case, so if there's no easy answer, that's certainly understandable.

I am having issues using CKAN to install Strategia. It does not show up in KSP even with using Filter "All". Now smart me resorted to installing from ckan-File (Strategia-1.5.0.ckan); at least I tried but it failed since Custom Barn Kit is not available for KSP 1.2.2 according to CKAN. Haven't even checked all the other Dependencies. What I want to know is if Strategia in its most recent version along with its dependency chain as a whole is compatible to KSP in its most recent version? To me it looks like as if that is not the case and I either have to manually install (there is no force-install/ignore wrong KSP-version type of option in CKAN, is there?) all the dependencies as well as Strategia or I have to downgrade KSP, correct? Hope I am missing something that's going to make this a whole lot easier. :wink:

[EDIT]

Well I played dirty and rebuild CKAN with a different version comparison logic:

(For details/reasoning behind why this exists in the first place check this out -> https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/pull/1499)

//builder.RegisterType<GrasGameComparator>()
            //    .As<IGameComparator>();
  builder.RegisterType<YoyoGameComparator>()
  		  .As<IGameComparator>();

// YoYoGameComparator Implementation
  public class YoyoGameComparator : IGameComparator
    {
        public bool Compatible(KspVersionCriteria gameVersion, CkanModule module)
        {
            return true; // <- The dirty party ;)
        }
    }

Anyway that way I can install everything I need without having to do it manually.

[/EDIT]

Edited by Rusk
found solution;wanted to share

3 hours ago, Rusk said:

I am having issues using CKAN to install Strategia. It does not show up in KSP even with using Filter "All". Now smart me resorted to installing from ckan-File (Strategia-1.5.0.ckan); at least I tried but it failed since Custom Barn Kit is not available for KSP 1.2.2 according to CKAN. Haven't even checked all the other Dependencies. What I want to know is if Strategia in its most recent version along with its dependency chain as a whole is compatible to KSP in its most recent version? To me it looks like as if that is not the case and I either have to manually install (there is no force-install/ignore wrong KSP-version type of option in CKAN, is there?) all the dependencies as well as Strategia or I have to downgrade KSP, correct? Hope I am missing something that's going to make this a whole lot easier. :wink:

Strategia should work on 1.2.2.  If Custom Barn Kit isn't set up to be compatible with 1.2.2 according, then it's a CKAN issue, and should be taken up with whoever's maintaining the CKAN meta-data for that mod.  I assume it's not @sarbian, but am not sure.  Best bet is to post on the CKAN thread.

@billybob579 - I'll have to double check on what's needed to support Galactic Neighborhood, it's likely very similar to supporting barycenters (even more so both mods are by @Sigma88).

Note that by support I really just mean "have sane strategies", and not "have balanced strategies/rewards".

8 minutes ago, nightingale said:

Strategia should work on 1.2.2.  If Custom Barn Kit isn't set up to be compatible with 1.2.2 according, then it's a CKAN issue, and should be taken up with whoever's maintaining the CKAN meta-data for that mod.  I assume it's not @sarbian, but am not sure.  Best bet is to post on the CKAN thread.

That was the first action that came to my mind but that was followed by another realization which is that my first thought-of action was so obvious that somebody else must have long taken care of that. I can't believe me to be the first who notices the absence of Strategia from CKAN. CustomBarnKit, ContractConfigurator and ModuleManager are present in CKAN. If you for instance could confirm the actual absence of Strategia in your copy of CKAN I will take it upon me to write up an issue on github.

Edited by Rusk
gra'ma

4 hours ago, Rusk said:

[...] it failed since Custom Barn Kit is not available for KSP 1.2.2 according to CKAN [...]

8 minutes ago, Rusk said:

CustomBarnKit, ContractConfigurator and ModuleManager are present in CKAN.

I'm confused - is Custom Barn Kit there or not?

I don't have CKAN to easily check right now - basically if the metadata is right (it appears to be), then I pass it on to the CKAN team.

Edited by nightingale

5 minutes ago, nightingale said:

I'm confused - is Customer Barn Kit there or not?

I don't have CKAN to easily check right now - basically if the metadata is right (it appears to be), then I pass it on to the CKAN team.

Sorry I should have taken the time to proof read what I wrote there.

What I meant to write is that Strategia is missing from CKAN. All its dependencies are available but in the case of CustomBarnKit the version is not compatible with KSP 1.2.2.1622. The other dependencies I have not checked. I am running CKAN build v1.20.1-0-gd41fe54 (beta).

I even pulled the latest CKAN build (at least I think thats the latest build since its the master branch) from github to make sure I am not running an old version.

Edited by Rusk

I don't know what happened but Strategia popped up in "my" CKAN now. With "CustomBarnKit" no longer being flagged as outdated by CKAN I was able to easily install everything fully automated.

This is what it looks like.

8VQlkO2.jpg

Edited by Rusk