[1.8.x+] Strategia [v1.8.0] [2019-10-22]

nightingale

@eddiew - Raised #57 to make that notification a little less confusion.  As to the contract not appearing, it's been an intermittent issue in the past.  Let me know if you're able to reproduce, as I thought that was all squared away now.

@Merkov - There's a flag that was added on the planets in 1.2 that allow them to specify if they are a rocky planet (CelestialBody.hasSurface).  I assume it's supported by Kopernicus by now so it might be that @The White Guardian need to set something in the config files for those particular planets.  I've already got #55 raised to look into this for RSS - either way I assume it's going to be the same root issue.

Also, raised #58 to fix the issue with the moons in the Duna/Eve programs.

@Zhetaan - That should no longer apply (that issue was the reason the flag got added in stock).  Either way, hopefully it'll get sorted out through #55.

3 hours ago, nightingale said:

@Zhetaan - That should no longer apply (that issue was the reason the flag got added in stock).  Either way, hopefully it'll get sorted out through #55.

I wonder who added that flag.  :wink:

Also, on a note somewhat related to the issue of moons, I've been poking at the .cfg files for my own install and wanted to toss an idea in your general direction.  I noticed that the Jool V strategy only works if you've never visited Jool before, meaning that there's no room to send probes first.  In my case, it got my attention because I'm in the habit of using Jool assists for Eeloo and wanted to send a probe to Eeloo before I committed to a Jool V mission, but I can see where a probe-based strategy (or even the flyby strategy) centred on Jool itself would benefit from setting the gas giant program so that it only invalidates after a crewed visit.  I made that change in my own install, but was curious to know whether you had some other reason for setting it up the way you did.

Also also, welcome back.  :)

Edited by Zhetaan

On 2/11/2017 at 9:17 AM, nightingale said:

@Merkov - There's a flag that was added on the planets in 1.2 that allow them to specify if they are a rocky planet (CelestialBody.hasSurface).  I assume it's supported by Kopernicus by now so it might be that @The White Guardian need to set something in the config files for those particular planets.  I've already got #55 raised to look into this for RSS - either way I assume it's going to be the same root issue.

Hmm... I will have to learn how Kopernicus works to figure this out I guess. One weird thing is that OPM and Cyran use Jool as a template for their gas giants. This seems to work for OPM in the cases of Urlum and Neidon, but not Cyran in the case of, well, Cyran. I guess it's time for me to put on my thinking hat! 

On 2/11/2017 at 9:17 AM, nightingale said:

Also, raised #58 to fix the issue with the moons in the Duna/Eve programs.

Awesome, thanks very much! 

@nightingale is there any way you could add an author tag to your strategy nodes? some thing like this

STRATEGY_BODY_EXPAND:NEEDS[CustomBarnKit]
{
    name = MoonProgram
    author = Nightingale
    id = MoonProgram
}

I ask because, i am still looking for the best way to disable strategia default contacts and implement my own for GPP.

currently im using this code to disable your contracts, but it not limited to just strategia and disables every stock contract, not just the ones you disabled, unfortunately.

Spoiler

!STRATEGY:HAS[~protectedStrategy[true]]:FOR[GPP] {}
!STRATEGY_BODY_EXPAND:HAS[~protectedStrategy[true]]:FOR[GPP] {}
!STRATEGY_LEVEL_EXPAND:HAS[~protectedStrategy[true]]:FOR[GPP] {}
!STRATEGY_LEVEL_EXPAND:HAS[~protectedStrategy[true]]:FOR[GPP] {}
!CONTRACT_TYPE:HAS[~protectedStrategy[true]]:FOR[GPP] {}

If i was able to change the code to something like

Spoiler

!STRATEGY:HAS[#author[Nightingale]]:FOR[GPP] {}
!STRATEGY_BODY_EXPAND:HAS[#author[Nightingale]]:FOR[GPP] {}
!STRATEGY_LEVEL_EXPAND:HAS[#author[Nightingale]]:FOR[GPP] {}
!STRATEGY_LEVEL_EXPAND:HAS[#author[Nightingale]]:FOR[GPP] {}
!CONTRACT_TYPE:HAS[#author[Nightingale]]:FOR[GPP] {}

it would make everything super easy for me :)

Finally got around to playing with Strategia in my most recent career save, and its one of those mods that have gone straight into my "always" pile with KAC and KER. Seriously should be stock given how useless stock administrative building is.

Right now, the Massive Scale Launches has made it the first time I've played hard career mode and not tethered on bankruptcy from using very large launchers to send stuff to Minnus and beyond (since usually a "build station at X" will if I'm lucky cover the base, and the transfer stage as I've had to usually do two launches. Typically with hard, I've had to bee-line for SSTO or StageRecovery to make these missions practical at all.

Right now, my biggest issue with it is the penalties for the manned/unmanned contracts. Is there any possibility of allowing the flybys/impacts for anything less than admin level 3, or reducing the penalties for the other milestones? Or at least some insight to the design decisions that went into it?

I've been looking to do a Duna mission for awhile in career mode, but given the fact that I'm playing with Life Support, it's a fairly large undertaking, and taking that contract means I'd get a LOT less money for visiting other places, basically leaving myself in Kerbin's SOI for the time it took for a probe/crew to get there and complete the mission. I've compromised with myself with taking "Boldly Going", but I feel like flyby/simple missions to various bodies during a launch window might be more fair/balanced. As it stands, my current rocket technology can hit and orbit Eve, Duna, and Dres reliably, with a distinct maybe on Moho, and Jool.

(also a pity that the admin building maxes out at three. Some sick part of me would love the ability to choose one strategy from each column ...)

Would just like to mention 2 things:

1) This is one of my must-have mods. It adds a sense of purpose to the game which makes things that much more motivating!

2) I feel like I just got bait-and-switched with the Impactor Probes strategy. I just finished the Kerbin system exploration and was ready to start interplanetary (with probes). The impactor probes seemed "easy enough" in that it requested impacts on three different celestial bodies. Now, I pretty much figured that Kerbin itself wouldn't count. All the other interplanetary strategies requested more sophistication than a simple impactor (landing in biomes, etc), so choosing the impactor probes strategy seemed like a fair first step. HOWEVER, doing that would kill the interplanetary strategies since I'd forfeit one of their prerequisites (must not have had a probe flyby). OK, I though, we can still make this work: It's 3 celestial bodies. Probably not Kerbin. Ok, well, technically there are 3 celestial bodies that are not covered by the remaining strategies. Minmus, Mun, and Kerbol!

Much to my distress I only found out after I accepted the strategy that those 3 bodies don't count. Now, my only choice is to either cancel the strategy (which I cannot afford), forfeit the other planet probe strategies (not cool), or impact 3 Joolian moons (since Jool doesn't have a probes strategy).

I wish the description of the Impactor Probes was a bit more explicit on what's considered a celestial body for the purposes of the strategy, and what's not. BTW, Kerbol should be a totally legit target :)

Is Massive Scale Launches supposed to include SSTOs? Because if it does, then SSTOs are an infinite money farm since the cost of sending them up is less than what you get from the bonus, which I guess is supposed to be a way of partially covering costs for, well, massive scale launches.

• 2 weeks later...

you know how some of the contracts require you to take multiple science readings from all around an area? this would be a perfect way to make science as a whole way more interesting!

you should make that into a separate mod altogether.

• 2 weeks later...

@nightingale

i have a 

[LOG 23:16:13.030] Strategia: VesselValueImprover.HandleVessel
spam in ksp.log. it freezes the game for so far up to 60 minutes but can be as low as 3 minutes
this

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d0m9hoiq12al1c6/‏‏KSP - strat.log?dl=0

and the game is extra slow (could be just the part count slowing after the game unfreezes)

edit: its only 1 ship that has this problem
 https://yadi.sk/d/fUw_-o5y3GXn4R
rover delivery- 8 rovers whit lander tug, full of sciance parts (including Dmagic ), probe cors, KOS cpu`s (MM in to probe cors ), rover sci and bon viage , and KSPI- NUKE engine (closed gas cycle) 

i have RT installed and USI/MKS

and lots more thos i think are more relevant

Edited by danielboro

I've encountered a problem and I think it has something to do with the interaction between this mod and another mod FMRS. The FMRS mod lets you jump back and forth in time to manually land dropped stages. However, whenever I use that mod before reaching space the strategy "Massive Scale Launches" fails to detect my vessel after I've reached space. I'm also going to tag the maker of FMRS here just to see if he has anything to say. @linuxgurugamer

I like the idea behind this mod, but after trying it I didin't like the only 1 crewed/uncrewed strategy limit that it imposes :( . Will it break anything if I uninstall it mid career?

To give some feedback, I love the idea of having a crewed/uncrewed focus, but I was expecting something like send probes to Mun, move on, now you can send crewed missions to the mun and uncrewed to minmus, and escalate from there. But with the 1 strategy restriction, and with the timing of the transfer windows I found mysellf just stuck on the same strategies and it didn't make much difference.

Either way it was a nice different approach for a while and very well done, thanks a lot for your work.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/8/2017 at 9:29 PM, Kaa253 said:

I keep having Walt and Gus disappearing and re-appearing again in the Administration building. Their photos and their whole column of strategies disappear together. For the strategy named "Stagnated Research I" when Walt is visible and when selected says just

in the right hand pane.

A bit more detail is provided at raised Github issue #53

I installed Strategia to try for the first time in a brand new career this week and when it works properly it is awesome :D (but you knew that already :cool:).

I'm getting something similar When I enter the admin building everything looks fine, but if the first thing I click on is one of the Stagnated research buttons I get "asdf asdf etc" If I click another strategy first then on the Stagnatd research It just keeps showing what the last button clicked on was.

The error log was displaying this:

Strategia: Couldn't load tech tree from GameData/HideEmptyTechTreeNodes/HETTN.TechTree

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Strategia.CurrencyOperationPerTech.CurrentMultiplier () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Strategia.CurrencyOperationPerTech.GetDescription () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Strategies.StrategyEffect.get_Description () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Strategia.StrategiaStrategy.GenerateEffectText () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Strategia.UpgradeableStrategy.GenerateEffectText () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Strategia.StrategiaStrategy.GetEffectText () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Strategies.Strategy.get_Effect () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSP.UI.Screens.Administration.SetSelectedStrategy (KSP.UI.Screens.StrategyWrapper wrapper) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSP.UI.Screens.Administration+StrategyWrapper.OnTrue (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData data, CallType callType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall`2[UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData,KSP.UI.UIRadioButton+CallType].Invoke (System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCallList.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent`2[UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData,KSP.UI.UIRadioButton+CallType].Invoke (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData arg0, CallType arg1) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSP.UI.UIRadioButton.SetState (State state, CallType callType, UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData data, Boolean popButtonsInGroup) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSP.UI.UIRadioButton.ToggleState (CallType callType, UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSP.UI.UIRadioButton.UnityEngine.EventSystems.IPointerClickHandler.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents:Execute(GameObject, BaseEventData, EventFunction`1)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMousePress(MouseButtonEventData)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent(Int32)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:Process()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

(Filename:  Line: -1)

[UIMasterController]: ShowUI

I tried uninstalling Hide empty tech tree nodes, but that just changed the error to :

Strategia: Couldn't load tech tree from GameData\ModuleManager.TechTree

It appears the error is with CurrencyOperationPerTech  , because as a work around I removed that and replaced it this:

EFFECT
    {
        name = CurrencyOperation
        currency = Reputation
        operation = Multiply

effectDescription = to contract rewards

minValue
        {
            1 = 1.25
            2 = 1.50
            3 = 2.00
        }
        maxValue
        {
            1 = 1.25
            2 = 1.50
            3 = 2.00
        }

AffectReasons = ContractReward
    }

which works fine,  it will doubles the required research but givse a bonus of 25%, 50%, or 100% to recovered Reputation depending on the level.  I know it's not the same thing, but at least I'm not getting any errors now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ThePhoenixSol said:

anyone know if strategia still works in 1.3? just want to know if it works. not really asking for the update. that will come in due time im sure

It depends on Contract Configurator, which is not out for 1.3.0 yet.  Once that's out, I'll be looking at Strategia.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-5-30 at 1:00 AM, nightingale said:

It depends on Contract Configurator, which is not out for 1.3.0 yet.  Once that's out, I'll be looking at Strategia.

Man, I've grown dependent of this mod, can't play career without it. Are you working on an update for it, or are you looking over other stuff?