[1.8.x+] Strategia [v1.8.0] [2019-10-22]

nightingale

anyone else run into this one before? 

Strategia: Couldn't load tech tree from GameData\ModuleManager.TechTree

sounds like it finds the file but just no tech tree from it? the file is present and looks like the tech tree is there as well. 

also getting these

Input is null for field 'agent' in config node errors

not sure where its coming from strategia, contract configurator etc but i get one from pod rescue fix and i cant tell where the other is from. 

and its spamming the log pretty hard with all of these on scene changes. 

Spoiler

[ConfigNode.AddValue] Input is null for field 'agent' in config node 'CONTRACT'
   at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
   at ConfigNode.AddValue(System.String name, System.String value)
   at Contracts.Contract.Save(.ConfigNode node)
   at SSTUTools.RescueContractPartSelector.OnContractOffered(Contracts.Contract contract)
   at EventData`1[[Contracts.Contract, Assembly-CSharp, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]].Fire(Contracts.Contract data)
   at Contracts.Contract.SetState(State newState)
   at Contracts.Contract.Offer()
   at Contracts.ContractSystem.GenerateContracts(Int32 ByRef seed, ContractPrestige difficulty, Int32 count)
   at Contracts.ContractSystem.RefreshContracts()
   at Contracts.ContractSystem+<UpdateDaemon>c__Iterator1.MoveNext()
   at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)

Input is null for field 'agent' in config node 'CONTRACT'
   at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
   at ConfigNode.AddValue(System.String name, System.String value)
   at Contracts.Contract.Save(.ConfigNode node)
   at Contracts.ContractSystem.OnSave(.ConfigNode gameNode)
   at ScenarioModule.Save(.ConfigNode node)
   at ProtoScenarioModule..ctor(.ScenarioModule module)
   at ScenarioRunner.UpdateModules()
   at ScenarioRunner.GetUpdatedProtoModules()
   at Game.Updated(GameScenes startSceneOverride)
   at GamePersistence.SaveGame(System.String saveFileName, System.String saveFolder, SaveMode saveMode, GameScenes startScene)
   at GamePersistence.SaveGame(System.String saveFileName, System.String saveFolder, SaveMode saveMode)
   at MCSceneSpawner.OnMCDespawn()
   at EventVoid.Fire()
   at MCDespawner.BtnExit()
   at UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke()
   at UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke()
   at UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press()
   at UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick(UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData)
   at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute(IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData)
   at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute(UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor)
   at UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule.ProcessMousePress(UnityEngine.EventSystems.MouseButtonEventData data)
   at UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule.ProcessMouseEvent(Int32 id)
   at UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule.ProcessMouseEvent()
   at UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule.Process()
   at UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem.Update()

I really would like to use this mod with my new 1.4.5 GPP career. However when I have Strategia (1.7.2) and Custom Barn Kit (1.1.17) installed, I get this strange problem where I can't recover vessels. Anyone else seen this or have a solution for it? I suspect there may be a conflict with another mod, but not sure.

22 minutes ago, soifua said:

I really would like to use this mod with my new 1.4.5 GPP career. However when I have Strategia (1.7.2) and Custom Barn Kit (1.1.17) installed, I get this strange problem where I can't recover vessels. Anyone else seen this or have a solution for it? I suspect there may be a conflict with another mod, but not sure.

There is a conflict, but if I recall correctly it isn't related to strategia directly. Search the GPP thread for more info.

On 11/8/2018 at 9:38 AM, soifua said:

I saw in the GPP forums that it's a conflict with Making History. You can remove the MH plugins & still keep the parts, or remove MH in its entirety. I think the instructions are on the GPP page but can't swear to that.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

@Estel me.

What hinders you? I don't see any issues with Strategia vs. Kerbalism.

i can't see any "strategy" in the administration building. all the buttons have disappeared.

32P2AWU.png

i was hoping to use this mod and statefunding to be able to completely disable the stupid stock contracts

Hi @nightingaleI don't know if this has been mentioned anywhere but I saw in another thread that you want to do a Strategia release soon so maybe you have a chance for a quick fix:

The "max number of active strategies" in the KSC scene is always off by one for me. It says max allowed 2 in level 1 (the truth is 1), then max allows 3 when you hover over the upgrade button (the truth is 2) and so on 

It's a small thing of course :)

Thank you SO MUCH for this mod, the strategy building is often the FIRST one that I upgrade in my last couple of careers, it used to be always the last 

Huzzah! I can finally play 1.5.1 again!

It turns out that I can do without part mods, I can do without Tech Tree mods, I can even do without Kerbal Construction Time. But I cannot play Kerbal Space Program career mode without the interesting contracts and strategies you provide. Thank you very much, once again.

Hm did you just link me to linuxgurugamer instead of nightingale or am I too incompetent? I'll check again in the evening on the home computer, I think the mobile page is giving me some trouble here too (nightingale doesn't even have a sig here in my mobile browser) 

Edit: nevermind found him with the Patreon app, NO clue how I could've overlooked that... 

All that remains to find out is which platform modders favor and which cut less money :D

Edited by avalancha

11 hours ago, avalancha said:

Daaamn nice! Nightingale do you have a Patreon account? Your PayPal donate button seems to take a hefty fee. I don't know how much Patreon takes, do you have a feeling / preference? Don't worry, You're gettin some either way :)

Generally Patreon is better, unless you're wanting to make a single big lump sum (see someone's analysis here).  I'm happy either way though!

4 hours ago, LucasHazelwood said:

Hello. I am playing with RSS and the mod wants me to plant flags and land on gas giants. Is there something that I can alter in the configs to fix this?

Oh wow, is that still a bug?  It was introduced when the RSS folk made Jupiter oblate (which I think might be an optional config?  not sure).  Anyway, for the next release I changed it to check the CelestialBody.hasSolidSurface flag as well - if I understand how Kopernicus works, anything that is based on Jool should have that flag set as false, so it should just work.  Let me know if it's still a problem after the release.

On 12/21/2018 at 3:48 PM, nightingale said:

Oh wow, is that still a bug?  It was introduced when the RSS folk made Jupiter oblate (which I think might be an optional config?  not sure).  Anyway, for the next release I changed it to check the CelestialBody.hasSolidSurface flag as well - if I understand how Kopernicus works, anything that is based on Jool should have that flag set as false, so it should just work.  Let me know if it's still a problem after the release.

I couldn't find CelestialBody.hasSolidSurface anywhere in the RealSolarSystem folder. Unless it's in the RealSolarSystem.pdb file, which I can't open without a coding program.

5 hours ago, LucasHazelwood said:

I couldn't find CelestialBody.hasSolidSurface anywhere in the RealSolarSystem folder. Unless it's in the RealSolarSystem.pdb file, which I can't open without a coding program.

It's a code thing - I've made the fix in Strategia and it should hopefully just work once it's released.