[1.8.x+] Strategia [v1.8.0] [2019-10-22]

nightingale

Well, I had an odd experience with a career run. It seems that due to how Kerbalism handle science by transferring bit by bit instead of one single transmission, the strategy "To Boldy Go" would give you it's reward for every one of those science transmissions. I ended up with Millions of funds. Any way to stop this from happening? (Besides removing one of the two mods.) Maybe rewarding by the amount of science transmitted instead of the "act of transmitting." I'd appreciate the help.

Also, Great mod! I've been using it for career mode since the moment I found it. Squad definitely needs to improve the vanilla strategies, they're too... basic?

Edit: Forgot it's requirement was transmitting at a "new biome" so amount doesn't make sense. I guess I could just not activate "To Boldy Go" aswell, before anyone tell me that first. I will accept this option! Just wanted to give a heads up on the little glitch.

Edited by Cynthum

On 6/23/2019 at 9:34 PM, Lightning_Gamer said:

with the contract slot machine is the plus and minus numbers to the side how much it is going to take away or add, or is it how much was changed from the original contract

I think it says “here’s the amount you get (and this is what was added to that)”

Edit: Checked, it does.

Edited by Jognt

On 6/22/2019 at 6:28 PM, TicTac said:

@nightingale  Also an issue with Kerbalism 3, the blue 'Science Transmission' popups get really spammy.  Can we get an option to disable the popup altogether?

I believe this is resolved now from a Kerbalism side. Expect this in the next Kerbalism update.

On 6/24/2019 at 9:38 AM, Cruesoe said:

I believe this is resolved now from a Kerbalism side. Expect this in the next Kerbalism update.

Is there any way to manually do it now, or do I just have to wait a few weeks for it (or un-install strategia?)

On 7/3/2019 at 4:20 AM, The Destroyer said:

Is there any way to manually do it now, or do I just have to wait a few weeks for it (or un-install strategia?)

Check the Kerbalism forum post and perhaps download the Dev version?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2019 at 5:48 AM, Nightside said:

I'm getting some NRE's,

Opened Issue #84 (log is over there).

The nullrefs on right click/hover over the administration building are known. Nightingale has been rather quiet lately so I don't think it'll be fixed anytime soon, but those nullrefs shouldn't negatively impact your game beyond those moments in the SpaceCenter scene. :)

I don't know whether DMagic knows about those basic-dV nullrefs though, so you may want to give him a heads-up with regards to those.

I had noticed funky contract rewards whenever contract slot machine was active, so I deactivated it. Later, I researched how the game calculates recovery funds so I could submit a PR for StageRecovery (SR will now respect modifiers to recovery amounts like the stock game does) and I instantly understood where the Strategia Contract Slot Machine bug might come from. My question to anyone familiar, are you experiencing the same slot machine bug?

The bug seems to be tied to modifying the reward once for displaying the contract details and entirely separately on completion but I want to make sure other people are experiencing it before I submit a PR/build a forked release. I don't think it will be all that difficult to ensure the same contract receives the same rewards modifier permanently.

Edited by whitespacekilla

On 7/20/2019 at 10:23 PM, whitespacekilla said:

I had noticed funky contract rewards whenever contract slot machine was active, so I deactivated it. Later, I researched how the game calculates recovery funds so I could submit a PR for StageRecovery (SR will now respect modifiers to recovery amounts like the stock game does) and I instantly understood where the Strategia Contract Slot Machine bug might come from. My question to anyone familiar, are you experiencing the same slot machine bug?

The bug seems to be tied to modifying the reward once for displaying the contract details and entirely separately on completion but I want to make sure other people are experiencing it before I submit a PR/build a forked release. I don't think it will be all that difficult to ensure the same contract receives the same rewards modifier permanently.

Ive never actually done the math. Could you give an example of how it affects rewards?

• 2 months later...

Absolutely LOVE this mod.

QQ though, Public Spectating strategy...appears to be slot-free, that is you can always add it regardless of how many active strategies are running.
i.e. I have a 2 strategy admin building, I already have 2 strategies in place, but I still able to add Public Spectating as a third.

Is that intended?

Thanks! :D

• 3 weeks later...

First, a big thanks to @nightingale and all the good people creating contract packs, it is not least the Contract Configurator that keeps KSP "alive" for me, even in my two year old career game :) 

A question though (help a blind man here ;) ):

After completing the tech tree, the stock game allows me to set a strategy to convert science to cash, I couldn't find it here?

Thanks in advance for your help :) 

14 hours ago, VoidSquid said:

First, a big thanks to @nightingale and all the good people creating contract packs, it is not least the Contract Configurator that keeps KSP "alive" for me, even in my two year old career game :) 

A question though (help a blind man here ;) ):

After completing the tech tree, the stock game allows me to set a strategy to convert science to cash, I couldn't find it here?

Thanks in advance for your help :) 

Probably a miss from an overall design point of view.  Something to think about if/when I do a balance pass. :)

On 10/28/2019 at 2:21 PM, VoidSquid said:

I see, thanks.

In that case, would canceling all strategies followed by uninstalling Strategia revert to stock w/o any further issues, I hope?

I'd back up your save file & give it a shot. If it borks, you have the backup ready to go...

On 10/28/2019 at 8:21 PM, VoidSquid said:

I see, thanks.

In that case, would canceling all strategies followed by uninstalling Strategia revert to stock w/o any further issues, I hope?

You could also just add a new strategy that behaves like the old one you’re after. :P 

11 minutes ago, Jognt said:

You could also just add a new strategy that behaves like the old one you’re after

Didn't find one, that's why was asking. Do you know if there is a strategy that converts converts science to cash?

33 minutes ago, Bombaatu said:

I'd back up your save file & give it a shot. If it borks, you have the backup ready to go...

Yepp, that worked :) 

12 minutes ago, VoidSquid said:

Didn't find one, that's why was asking. Do you know if there is a strategy that converts converts science to cash?

I meant that it's possible to write/add your own strategies. :P I don't know of one that does this out-of-the-box other than the stock strategy though.

2 minutes ago, Jognt said:

I meant that it's possible to write/add your own strategies.

That would assume that I'm smart enough to do do that, I'm not though (nor do I have enough time or will for this, not important enough anyway, it's just a minor inconvenience) ;) 

I notice nobody answered my question from last year. The way the Duna strategies specifically work (I haven't gotten to a point where I care about the others lol), it seems that you can only do one strategy per launch window. This is, in my opinion, not very efficient or ideal, since the transfer windows are years apart. 

I selected the Probe strategy by accident, without realizing that it would soft-lock me out of sending a crewed mission to Duna. Vs the crewed strategy, which would totally allow me to send probes to Duna. Any way I can reverse this without the fine, or am I screwed?