[1.8.x+] Strategia [v1.8.0] [2019-10-22]

nightingale

A question, I don't know if anybody can help. I want the Strategia Pilot focus bonuses to apply to an additional contract type: Rescue and Recovery. I think that this type is stock. What/how do I have to edit so that this works?

7 hours ago, Dante80 said:

A question, I don't know if anybody can help. I want the Strategia Pilot focus bonuses to apply to an additional contract type: Rescue and Recovery. I think that this type is stock. What/how do I have to edit so that this works?

Yes, try the following ModuleManager patch:

@STRATEGY_LEVEL_EXPAND[PilotFocus]
{
	@EFFECT[CurrencyOperationByContract]
	{
		contractType = Recovery
	}
}

Simply copy the above code into a new text file and save it somewhere in your GameData folder with a .cfg filename (I suggest GameData/ZZZ_Patches/strategiaRescueAndRecovery.cfg)

• 2 weeks later...

@nightingale  Alright, statagy is a lot of fun, untill it start to break down.

After activating private Industries 2 and private Industries 3, massive scale launches 3 and media coverage 3 , I could unlock most of the science tree because it gave me back all science after an unlock. Is it supposed to do that?

I guess there is some weird interaction between having 2 private industry statagies active at the same time. Why doesn't it prevent having more than one private industry statagy at the same time? like with massive scale launches, which can only be upgraded or downgraded but not activate twice ..

Edit: the same appears to apply to Media Coverage as it allows 2 statagies to be active at the same time

Edited by FreeThinker

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/1/2019 at 7:10 PM, FreeThinker said:

@nightingale  Alright, statagy is a lot of fun, untill it start to break down.

After activating private Industries 2 and private Industries 3, massive scale launches 3 and media coverage 3 , I could unlock most of the science tree because it gave me back all science after an unlock. Is it supposed to do that?

I guess there is some weird interaction between having 2 private industry statagies active at the same time. Why doesn't it prevent having more than one private industry statagy at the same time? like with massive scale launches, which can only be upgraded or downgraded but not activate twice ..

Edit: the same appears to apply to Media Coverage as it allows 2 statagies to be active at the same time

This. After unlocking Private Industries 3 every contract  give about one hundred  science points per task.

EDIT: 1/10 of science reward could be more balanced perhaps?

Edited by davvminer

• 2 weeks later...

Heyho, i am getting light spam while being on the Overworld (If you can call that). Everything up to date.

File 'GameData\ModuleManager.TechTree' does not exist

Strategia: Couldn't load tech tree from GameData\ModuleManager.TechTree

>y97ZS6x.png

Ignore the other stuff, that is from another mod i am reporting on, the issue already persisted before i used that mod, but while i am already here...

I see no actual Problem with the Mod though, Contracts and Strategies Work.

The File ""...\GameData\ModuleManager.TechTree"" used to not exist until i installed Community Tech Tree, but i still got the Error.

I have Logs and modlist on my Drive. The File "Log without VOID" is the one for Strategie.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BndrLfhdD_E-kiuUMrPEF5s-IobIfBhp

But again, i dont really see a issue with the mod, so it might not be worth looking into.

2 minutes ago, NyanTurian said:

Hello, I wanted to ask:

Does this support KSP version 1.7.3? I looked over the thread and saw that a few other people asked similar questions but there was no clear answer for support of 1.7.x. Has this shifted entirely into 1.8.x?

Previous v ersoin  was for 1.7.3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I may have found an exploit through combining 2 strategies.

If you have both Private Industry 3 and Media Coverage 3, you get a total of -105% to your launch costs. This means you gain money for launching rockets. 5% of the launch cost, but money nevertheless.

I absolutely love the body-specific strategies that this mod provides and they are the main reason to always have this on my modlist.

That said, I consider basically every other strategy available to be severely overpowered and avoid using all of them, with 2 exceptions only:

1. Contract standards (first level only) purely for the removal of reputation loss on decline. Sometimes the contracts generated just stink or don't match your current ambitions. Being penalized to get better ones is just evil.

2. To boldly go - this strategy is still highly overpowered in stock or stockalike systems. However, using up-scaled systems where the costs to go to far places increase exponentially (such as the excellent JNSQ I am playing now) I can really recommend this as a rewarding strategy that makes up for the sometimes extreme costs.

On 2/8/2020 at 4:08 PM, bigyihsuan said:

So I may have found an exploit through combining 2 strategies.

If you have both Private Industry 3 and Media Coverage 3, you get a total of -105% to your launch costs. This means you gain money for launching rockets. 5% of the launch cost, but money nevertheless.

You’ve just discovered the SpaceX business model!

7 hours ago, Friznit said:

You’ve just discovered the SpaceX business model!

Nope, I have. I had Private Industry 2 active and that gave me -75% off launch costs.  I built a big reusable first stage that I land  back at KSC, and I get 98% of its worth back when I recover it. Except that this doesn't take the private industry strategy into account, so I'm basically getting a lot more money back than I initially spent.
So, apparently you can build a rocket, roll it out on the launchpad, and immediately recover it to generate infinite amounts of money really quickly without even getting of the ground. That's not exactly ideal imo so I deactivated that strategy immediately, and deleted a few hundred thousand funds from my balance with the cheats menu

• 3 weeks later...

I found another problem with Private Industry (plus the fact that it's impossible to read the entire cost indication field in the VAB and the problems mentioned above regarding ADDING percentages instead of multiplying): it lets you gain science points: The science points needed were reduced from 300 to 210. I had something like 235 science. But instead of remaining with 25 science, it subtracted 300, but the result was 0. Then it gave me the discound of 90, so I now have 90 science...

To Boldly Go is not giving the reward for science around a new celestial body, at least when the first science report is transmitted and from a body around the homeworld (I am playing in the Beyond Home system but this has happened in the stock system as well). I am not sure if this issue happens for other planets and moons since I haven't explored them yet.

The Boldy Go strategy won't give the new-biome funds reward if you haven't cleared the message from the previous biome funds reward.

To recreate: activate Boldly Go. Go to a new biome, get science and transmit - you will get the reward. Without clearing the message, go to another new biome, get science and transmit - you will not get the reward. Clear message & go to a 3rd new biome, get science & transmit - you will get the reward.

Is it intentional that I see the modifiers the "Contract Standards I" applies? I thought that I'll have to apply my own experience to decide which contract is good and which is not, but I seem to also get a free advice... 

image.png

Edited by snakeru

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody,

I really like this mod and the way it improves Career mode. Thanks to @nightingale and everybody else involved.

But I think it's quite annoying that I can't send probes to gas giants because then I can't launch a crewed program for this gas giant.

I discovered an old github issue:
https://github.com/jrossignol/Strategia/issues/38

I don't think that the problem are missing probe programs. The impactor and flyby programs are idea for Gas giants imho (one mimicks even Voyager1+2).
So I created a pul request, which changes the requirement for gas giants that no manned vessel is allowed to reached them or be on route before launching the program:
https://github.com/jrossignol/Strategia/pull/86

At least in the Administration this looks as expected. Coudn't test it more though.

If anybody wants to test this, backup your StrategiaFolder, afterwards open GameData/Strategia/Strategies/CrewedMissions-3-GasGiantProgram.cfg in a text editor and make sure to replace

EFFECT
    {
        name = ReachedBodyRequirement
        invert = true
        body = $body
    }
    EFFECT
    {
        name = VesselEnrouteRequirement
        invert = true
        body = $body
    }

with

EFFECT
    {
        name = ReachedBodyMannedRequirement
        invert = true
        body = $body
    }
    EFFECT
    {
        name = VesselEnrouteRequirement
        manned = true
        invert = true
        body = $body
    }

Any feedbacks is highly appreciated, especially of potential bugs.

Regards, jost

Edited by jost

• 1 month later...

I've found something odd when using JNSQ and Strategia- activating the 'Impactor Probes' strategy after already completing it doesn't give me the mission the second time round so there's no way to actually complete the strategy. Impactor Probes seems to be an original Strategia strategy rather than one added by JNSQ so I think this is the right place to report the issue.

I reckon having a prerequisite for the Fly-By and Impactor strategies that means you can't activate them if you've already completed (or failed) them would solve the problem, it seems the same contract can't be offered twice. I haven't actually checked if the Fly-By strategy gives you the mission a second time after completing/failing it but it will likely be the same.

• 1 month later...

Ran into an interesting problem with Strategia.  I'm using a tech tree called Tetrix Tech Tree.  I took a strategy called Stagnant Research I, and that caused some of the nodes in the tree to report that they could not be upgraded because "Technology has unresearched requirements".  The actual issue was that I needed to upgrade the R&D earlier than expected because these nodes which were at the same level as 10 other nodes needed the upgraded R&D facility.

Is this a bug, a "feature", or something else?

• 4 weeks later...

Good afternoon,

Loving the mod, thanks so much for all your hard work, but I am running into an interesting issue.  When using the Slot Machine strategy, the science reward for contracts doesn't seem to be added to my science correctly.

For instance, I'll take a contract that has 12 (+4) reward for science.  However, when I complete it, my science went from 83 to 85, despite the contract complete message still showing 12 (+4).

Has anyone else seen this issue or am I just stupid and misreading it or something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by HosSeagull

• 1 month later...