[1.8.x+] Strategia [v1.8.0] [2019-10-22]

nightingale

On 6/3/2021 at 4:40 PM, jaxmed said:

I'm using this on 1.11.2 and it's working mostly fine but noticed that the "To Boldly Go" strategy isn't working. I'm not receiving any bonus funds even though I've transmitted science from brand-new biomes.

It's been my experience that you won't get the funds if you have any messages in the queue - if you clear the messages, then you will get funds for new biomes (but you will have lost any for new biomes you researched while you had messages).

• 1 month later...

I have a question regarding the "To Boldly Go" strategy. What exactly counts as a new biome? would an EVA report in space over a biome count and would I then not get any funds for exeriments done when landed, or can each experiment be done once in every biome and count as new, or is it still different?

On 11/5/2021 at 12:04 AM, CreepyShadow said:

I have a question regarding the "To Boldly Go" strategy. What exactly counts as a new biome? would an EVA report in space over a biome count and would I then not get any funds for exeriments done when landed, or can each experiment be done once in every biome and count as new, or is it still different?

Only the first research in a biome gets the bonus

• 2 weeks later...

The latest release of Kerbal Konstructs might have broke this mod. Every since I installed Kerbal Konstructs v1.8.3.0 , I lose all active strategies after every launch. In addition, when I go look inside the admin building, only a very few strategies(about 6)are now available. All the rest of the strategies are gone, not even displayed to be purchased.

Re-installing Strategia fixes the issues,  but re-installing after launch is not practical in addition to losing money/reputation every time need to repurchase strategy. 

Please help/ ideas?

From the player log, this might help explain why strategies are disappearing(there is many more entries besides these few lines) ->

Texture resolution is not valid for compression: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Strategia\icons\AstronautTrainingProgram1.png' - consider changing the image's width and height to enable compression 
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

Load(Texture): Strategia/icons/AstronautTrainingProgram2 
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

Texture resolution is not valid for compression: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Strategia\icons\AstronautTrainingProgram2.png' - consider changing the image's width and height to enable compression 

Load(Texture): Strategia/icons/AstronautTrainingProgram3 

Texture resolution is not valid for compression: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Strategia\icons\AstronautTrainingProgram3.png' - consider changing the image's width and height to enable compression 

Load(Texture): Strategia/icons/BoldlyGo1 

Texture resolution is not valid for compression: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Strategia\icons\BoldlyGo1.png' - consider changing the image's width and height to enable compression 

Actually, below is probably the issue. The below is the last mention of Strategia in the log... And this "KopernicusWatchdog" is new for Kopernicus. Some kind of 3 way interaction between Contract Configurator, Stragegia and Kopernicus.

[INFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractDisabler: Enabling ContractType: SentinelMission.SentinelContract (Assembly-CSharp.dll) 

Uploading Crash Report
ArgumentException: 'KopernicusWatchdog' is not a valid CelestialBody.
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseCelestialBodyValue (System.String celestialName) [0x00046] in <ef0243a06f2841fe9bf57034a334902e>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseSingleValue[T] (System.String key, System.String stringValue, System.Boolean allowExpression) [0x00179] in <ef0243a06f2841fe9bf57034a334902e>:0 
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod.InternalInvoke(System.Reflection.MonoMethod,object,object[],System.Exception&)
  at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00032] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0 
Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
  at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00048] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0 
  at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[T] (ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, System.Boolean allowExpression) [0x001f0] in <ef0243a06f2841fe9bf57034a334902e>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[T] (ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, T defaultValue) [0x00012] in <ef0243a06f2841fe9bf57034a334902e>:0 
  at Strategia.CurrencyOperationByBody.OnLoadFromConfig (ConfigNode node) [0x00018] in <ad1f24c047af4716ace30351b02ea8a1>:0 
  at Strategies.StrategyEffect.LoadFromConfig (ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0 
  at Strategies.Strategy.AddEffect (Strategies.StrategyEffectConfig cfg) [0x0007a] in <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0 
  at Strategies.Strategy.SetupConfig (Strategies.StrategyConfig cfg) [0x0001a] in <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0 
  at Strategies.Strategy.Create (System.Type type, Strategies.StrategyConfig config) [0x00055] in <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0 
  at Strategies.StrategySystem.LoadStrategies (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] stratNodes) [0x00057] in <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0 
  at Strategies.StrategySystem+<OnLoadRoutine>d__27.MoveNext () [0x0009d] in <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0 
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00026] in <12e76cd50cc64cf19e759e981cb725af>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

(Filename: <ef0243a06f2841fe9bf57034a334902e> Line: 0)

Edited by fragtzack

5 hours ago, Friznit said:

KopernicusWatchdog is a new invisible celestial body from Kopernicus to try around workaround a persistent bug.  It could well be causing an issue with Strategia @R-T-B ,thoughts ?

It would be best if mod authors had to do nothing around this, but my best efforts to hide the body from KSP are proving somewhat ineffective.

You may need to filter for this body in the mod, if you are willing/able to make that change, and it is still causing you issues.  Just filter it by body.name.

I may end up manually patching mods that are somewhat left behind, like this.  I will see what can be done re that, license wise.

Edited by R-T-B

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Has anyone tried Stategia in KSP 1.12.x  with the latest versions of Kerbal Konstructs?

These are the latest versions I found for these mods (some are tricky to find), which I'm going to try with KSP 1.12.3.

Strategia -1.8.0

CustomBarnKit - 1.1.22.0  (dependency)

Kerbal-Konstructs - 1.8.3

CustomPreLaunchChecks - 1.8.1.1  (KK dependency)

Omega Stockalike Structures - 0.0.12  (never had a problem with this even though I know its old)

ModuleManager (not sure which one yet)

Is there a way to manually activate a strategy even if the requirements aren't met? Maybe through editing the persistent file for the save? I accidentally did a manned Mun flyby before accepting the Mun program strategy, and I can't figure out how to undo that progress.

https://imgur.com/xNi1Ar6

Is it just me or is the "Adds $100,000 to launch costs" in Media Circus kind of an exploit? Launch a $1 procedural battery and boom. Free money. Also in that same strategy, I know it says it adds reputation for upgrading buildings, but I think it may actually be subtracting it. 

I'm sure this is all old news, but I really figured I should say something just in case. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't know if anyone was playing this mod in career mode lately, but I found really game breaking bug.

Missioin control Lvl 1: max contracts 2 (2 trivial, 1 significant, 0 exceptional)

Mission control Lvl 2: max contracts 7 (2 trivial, 1 significant, 0 exceptional) - does not add up

Can't progress because most contracts I need to get out of -900 reputation has 3 stars. 

1 minute ago, securegm said:

I don't know if anyone was playing this mod in career mode lately, but I found really game breaking bug.

Missioin control Lvl 1: max contracts 2 (2 trivial, 1 significant, 0 exceptional)

Mission control Lvl 2: max contracts 7 (2 trivial, 1 significant, 0 exceptional) - does not add up

Can't progress because most contracts I need to get out of -900 reputation has 3 stars. 

Negative 900 rep? How?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Coin said:

That's very kind of you!

it was also very shortterm, lol.  We decided to keep compatability with the old mainline build of mods like this, so disregard the above (it will still work you just don't need it).

Edited by R-T-B

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...