Jump to content

[1.8.x+] Strategia [v1.8.0] [2019-10-22]


Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, nightingale said:

@Samapico - Looks like it doesn't work under the hacked Win64 build.  Given there we should be a couple months (or less) away from a stable Windows 64-bit KSP with 1.1, I'm not going to be able to spend effort trying to debug this.  Sorry!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but editing the minlevel of the strategies should allow you to bypass this requirement, correct? I play with an upgraded KSC anyway because even with the facility reset, its STILL bugged (KSC)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sovek said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but editing the minlevel of the strategies should allow you to bypass this requirement, correct? I play with an upgraded KSC anyway because even with the facility reset, its STILL bugged (KSC)

Most likely, yes.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anybody else noticing any oddities with the Pilot Focus III bonus to ISP getting applied to crafts that it shouldn't? In my case, the bonus is getting applied to the lander which used to be connected to the main craft, but the kerbal onboard the lander is a scientist, not pilot. I can tell that the bonus is being applied because when I switch to the lander, MJ's deltaV readout shows the number that would be expected for a second beore increasing due to the bonus.

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, smjjames said:

Is anybody else noticing any oddities with the Pilot Focus III bonus to ISP getting applied to crafts that it shouldn't? In my case, the bonus is getting applied to the lander which used to be connected to the main craft, but the kerbal onboard the lander is a scientist, not pilot. I can tell that the bonus is being applied because when I switch to the lander, MJ's deltaV readout shows the number that would be expected for a second beore increasing due to the bonus.

Heh, yup...  the bonus applies until the vessel is reloaded.  There isn't any logic for removing the bonus (such as when there's a decoupling or EVA that changes things).  Raised #22 to fix in the next release.

Edited by nightingale
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, smjjames said:

I tried to switch vessels thinking maybe that would clear it, but it didn't, if that's what you mean by reloaded. They were both well out of physics range of each other.

Hmmm, if that doesn't clear it then a quicksave + quickload should clear it.  If that doesn't clear it, then there's a much more serious problem.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wanted to say I'm really liking the new build.  Not using the missions too much because I have probes and ships heading to multiple locations at the same time, but I'm really enjoying bonuses for big launches, boldly going, and slot machine in my current 3x career game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, nightingale said:

Hmmm, if that doesn't clear it then a quicksave + quickload should clear it.  If that doesn't clear it, then there's a much more serious problem.

I loaded up the game this morning and went to the craft and the misapplied bonus went away.

Okay, this is wierd, when I went back to the ship and redocked, I found that the bonus was no longer there. I did a quicksave, went back to KSC, cancelled the strategy and came back to it and then it was back. Reloaded the quicksave, went to KSC and back and saw for a brief second that the deltaV doubled, but that went back down.

MechJeb is also being a bit funky with the deltaV and not really showing the deltaV of the docked craft as well, but that's a completely separate issue.

edit: Wuh? Now it's not working at all. I think.... *tries to get it working*

edit2: Arg, I can see the bonus briefly being applied and then removed, still trying a few things.

edit3: http://sta.sh/016jp0ul0ng3

I've also made a github issue.

edit4: Okay, cancelling the strategy before exiting the game and then re-enabling it when I get back worked.

Edited by smjjames
Link to post
Share on other sites

Found another issue, when I looked in the admin building to see if there was something for probes for Jool and I saw that the crewed one for Jool was unavailable due to me not having landed on another planetary body yet. Only problem is, I had just gotten crew back from Moho. I recovered the crew in flight.

Strategia2%20career_screenshot_2016-02-1

Edited by smjjames
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, smjjames said:

Found another issue, when I looked in the admin building to see if there was something for probes for Jool and I saw that the crewed one for Jool was unavailable due to me not having landed on another planetary body yet. Only problem is, I had just gotten crew back from Moho. I recovered the crew in flight.

Strategia2%20career_screenshot_2016-02-1

Can you toss me your career save?  I'd like to take a look to see what it says in the progress tracking.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow!  Cool!

This will  help answer one  of my main gripes about KSP, that being a sandbox game doesn't give you a goal to reach.  For some people, that's difficult

I'll be installing this once I'm done with my new mod (week or so, I hope), having a problem with orbits and launching

 

LGG

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, is the 'impactor probes' strategy supposed to generate a contract/mission? Because I didn't get one. Trying to see if it'll work anyway, already impacted a cheap probe into kerbin, don't know if I maybe needed to achieve orbit first.

edit: Nope, just smacked a probe into Kerbin, Mun, and Minmus and it didn't work. Seems like it's missing the contract it needs to work.

edit2: Okay, this is really wierd, the pilot focus III thing seems to be messing with the deltaV of unmanned probes....

heres the output log and a persistent file at the moment that I'm in flight with an unmanned craft which is having the bonus negatively applied. Edit: Turns out that the bonus was being applied to all engines, but somehow the bonus was going negative for the lightbulb engine.. http://sta.sh/01ijb3i6qst6

Edited by smjjames
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, smjjames said:

Sure, http://sta.sh/02440vrzdgq0 , also, the kerbal that set foot on Moho is Jansa.

You need to have something like this under ProgressTracking/Moho/ in your save file, but don't:

				ReturnFromSurface
				{
					completedManned = 3830.37276733381
					vessel
					{
						name = Untitled Space Craft
						flag = Squad/Flags/default
					}
					crew
					{
						crews = Jebediah Kerman
					}
				}

My best guess is there was an exception of some sort on recovery of the vessel that went to Moho.  This could be due to a stock or mod bug, but I can't say much more without a log from when that vessel was recovered.  Unfortunately, I can't do much else on this one, Strategia is working correctly, according to KSP you never returned a crew from the surface. ;)  I'd just hack the above in to your save file.

---

6 hours ago, RocketSquid said:

Can you please edit the OP to include the actual effects?

No, as it already has the high level descriptions/teasers.  If I put the actual effects in, then I need to keep maintaining the OP whenever I make a change to the mod that affects that (and I'll more than likely just forget).

---

5 hours ago, batman78781 said:

Great mod, and congrats on the feature! Do you plan to add support for other planet packs like OPM?

As @Sovek said, they are already supported, in that it'll generate the planetary strategies for any planet it finds (whether stock or Kopernicus).  They don't have their own custom icons, but I assume people can live with that. :)

Edited by nightingale
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nightingale said:

No, as it already has the high level descriptions/teasers.  If I put the actual effects in, then I need to keep maintaining the OP whenever I make a change to the mod that affects that (and I'll more than likely just forget).

I didn't mean the actual values, just general descriptions that tell you what it costs (ie, which resource(s)) and what it gives you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, smjjames said:

Also, is the 'impactor probes' strategy supposed to generate a contract/mission? Because I didn't get one. Trying to see if it'll work anyway, already impacted a cheap probe into kerbin, don't know if I maybe needed to achieve orbit first.

edit: Nope, just smacked a probe into Kerbin, Mun, and Minmus and it didn't work. Seems like it's missing the contract it needs to work.

There's supposed to be a contract - I saw that issue once before when I was testing, but was never able to reproduce it.  Sometimes it just seems like the contract doesn't want to generate.  I'll take a look at the persistent file (assume it's the same as below) and see if I can figure this one out.  In the meantime you might be able to get it to generate by declining a bunch of other contracts (you'll have to just keep checking the contract app to see if it pops up).

4 hours ago, smjjames said:

edit2: Okay, this is really wierd, the pilot focus III thing seems to be messing with the deltaV of unmanned probes....

heres the output log and a persistent file at the moment that I'm in flight with an unmanned craft which is having the bonus negatively applied. Edit: Turns out that the bonus was being applied to all engines, but somehow the bonus was going negative for the lightbulb engine.. http://sta.sh/01ijb3i6qst6

So you're getting the ISP increase on an unmanned craft, except the lightbulb engine which gets a decrease??  Did I get that right?

---

6 minutes ago, RocketSquid said:

I didn't mean the actual values, just general descriptions that tell you what it costs (ie, which resource(s)) and what it gives you.

Right, and that's the entirety of the strategy, even without the actual values.

Just so we're on the same page - Is this to use as an out of game reference, or are you looking to see as a "try before you buy" type of thing?  If it's the latter, I think you'll find that the strategies do a lot of different things than the stock "take X and give Y" strategies.

Edited by nightingale
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, nightingale said:

There's supposed to be a contract - I saw that issue once before when I was testing, but was never able to reproduce it.  Sometimes it just seems like the contract doesn't want to generate.  I'll take a look at the persistent file (assume it's the same as below) and see if I can figure this one out.  In the meantime you might be able to get it to generate by declining a bunch of other contracts (you'll have to just keep checking the contract app to see if it pops up).

So you're getting the ISP increase on an unmanned craft, except the lightbulb engine which gets a decrease??  Did I get that right?

Yeah, the wierd thing was that the atmosphere deltaV was the same but the vacuum deltaV was less. I screenshotted the going ons. The last (topmost) engine is one of those little 0.62m engines, forget which one, and I guess the increase in ISP was so small that it simply didn't show in MJs deltaV window. I'll look again at that particular craft a bit ater and give the screenshots, and yes the persistent file with the pilot focus weirdness is the same save with the contract for the impact probes not appearing. Might not show anything anyway because I cancelled the strategy after it ended up not working.

I didn't try the decline contract trick. I also had a whole lot of active contracts at the same time, so it might have gotten backlogged.

As for the Moho thing, I have no idea what made it bug out. The kerbal has the planted flag on Moho experience even. I'll probably just hyperedit the kerbal over to Moho and hyperedit back. 

Edited by smjjames
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...