[1.8.x+] Strategia [v1.8.0] [2019-10-22]

nightingale

1 hour ago, Mr.Gentlespy said:

Man, I've grown dependent of this mod, can't play career without it. Are you working on an update for it, or are you looking over other stuff?

CC was just updated Sunday. I love this mod too, but give it time. :)

7 hours ago, Mr.Gentlespy said:

Man, I've grown dependent of this mod, can't play career without it. Are you working on an update for it, or are you looking over other stuff?

Strategia is next on my list, targeted for this weekend.

13 hours ago, Mr.Gentlespy said:

Man, I've grown dependent of this mod, can't play career without it.

Me too, stock contracts just aren't rewarding enough.

6 hours ago, nightingale said:

Take your time, I actually went outside (then to my shed) last weekend and finished the Suitcase Bass Drum that I started late last year :)

Edited by T.A.P.O.R.
Lost my dialing wand

10 hours ago, nightingale said:

That's great news, as T.A.P.O.R. said, take your time. Your mods makes KSP way better than it was before, and it would be sad to see it die someday. Thanks for your hard work!

Is it still planned to come out this weekend, or am i getting my hopes up relying on that?.... or did work start on it this weekend, and its taking longer than im thinking. AS  FAR AS I KNOW. You just need to make sure it still works with its dependencies right? no rebalances or anything going on right?

NOTE: this isnt me rushing you, take all the time you need.... im just more of curious as to what the process is for updating it at the moment :P

1 hour ago, ThePhoenixSol said:

Is it still planned to come out this weekend, or am i getting my hopes up relying on that?.... or did work start on it this weekend, and its taking longer than im thinking. AS  FAR AS I KNOW. You just need to make sure it still works with its dependencies right? no rebalances or anything going on right?

NOTE: this isnt me rushing you, take all the time you need.... im just more of curious as to what the process is for updating it at the moment :P

Did the coding changes for the obvious stuff (ie. to make it recompile).  Steps left are:

• Testing and fixing anything that looks broken
  • Waiting for @sarbian to release a 1.3.0 compatible Custom Barn Kit

Regardless, I won't release until after CBK is released - 'cause Strategia disables itself without it (to avoid bug reports for stuff that is "not working" due to install issues).  So I would assume you won't see a release this weekend.

1 hour ago, Teratles said:

Custom Barn Kit 1.1.12 is compatible to 1.3.0

That's... surprising. Although to be fair being that it's the kind of mod that will immediately break your save if you're using it (like MM) I've definitely been wondering why there haven't been requests in its thread for an update nor an official update by sarbian for it already.

1 minute ago, Drew Kerman said:

That's... surprising. Although to be fair being that it's the kind of mod that will immediately break your save if you're using it (like MM) I've definitely been wondering why there haven't been requests in its thread for an update nor an official update by sarbian for it already.

I checked it out a few days ago, and was super surprised. People are usually all over his mods asking for updates. I refuse to ask however even if I sorely want it :) 

27 minutes ago, Teratles said:

Look at ckan it is under compatible.

I was going off the fact that the forum thread hasn't been updated, but I'll give this one the benefit of the doubt since the CKAN commit says "sarbian says this works in 1.3.0".

Should be a release later tonight unless I run into significant trouble.

8 hours ago, nightingale said:

Did the coding changes for the obvious stuff (ie. to make it recompile).  Steps left are:

• Testing and fixing anything that looks broken
  • Waiting for @sarbian to release a 1.3.0 compatible Custom Barn Kit

Regardless, I won't release until after CBK is released - 'cause Strategia disables itself without it (to avoid bug reports for stuff that is "not working" due to install issues).  So I would assume you won't see a release this weekend.

ahhhh ok. thanks :D

2 hours ago, nightingale said:

I was going off the fact that the forum thread hasn't been updated, but I'll give this one the benefit of the doubt since the CKAN commit says "sarbian says this works in 1.3.0".

ooooooh even better :D

Alright, that's another one ready for KSP 1.3.0.  Download here!

Strategia 1.6.0

• Rebuild for KSP 1.3.0.
  • Celestial body programs now increase the likelihood of receiving contracts related to the celestial body in question.
  • Fixed issue where removal of contract decline penalty on contract slot machine was permanent.

1 hour ago, nightingale said:

Alright, that's another one ready for KSP 1.3.0.  Download here!

Strategia 1.6.0

• Rebuild for KSP 1.3.0.
  • Celestial body programs now increase the likelihood of receiving contracts related to the celestial body in question.
  • Fixed issue where removal of contract decline penalty on contract slot machine was permanent.

Sweet, it just started raining.

Indoors for the rest of the day :)

I had a mono.dll error immediately after installation of this mod (and custom barn kit for 1.2.2).

There were so many mods in that installation that it seems like this addition was merely the one that tipped my system over the edge and into the mohole.

Everything was a-ok once a fresh install was implemented and my other mods were reinstalled in clusters.

Strategia really brings something engaging to career mode.

Thanks Nightingale!

Update: the error 0xc0000005 was caused by Texture Replacer

Edited by T.A.P.O.R.

19 hours ago, nightingale said:

Sorry about that. The release came at the worst time for me IRL and I left things half done.

Just for the sake of starting a discussion.  I built this little craft to satisfy a tourism contract.  When I launched it I got charged double because I was on the Probe Frenzy strategy.  Now in my opinion, Tourists != Crew any more than passengers on a airline are crew.  I had no control of the vessel without that probe.  Thoughts?  (P.S. I am loving this mod)

TtmjrWR.png

2 hours ago, Alshain said:

Just for the sake of starting a discussion.  I built this little craft to satisfy a tourism contract.  When I launched it I got charged double because I was on the Probe Frenzy strategy.  Now in my opinion, Tourists != Crew any more than passengers on a airline are crew.  I had no control of the vessel without that probe.  Thoughts?  (P.S. I am loving this mod)

-snip-

While I agree with you that tourists hardly equal crew, the fact that you've selected the probe frenzy strategy is the main kicker, in my opinion. My logic is;

Boss: Okay guys we're going on a probe frenzy we're going to built probes, unmanned 'cheap?' probes to launch as fast as we can. Probes, probes, probes! with a focus on the unmanned part.

Then a few days in someone decides oh hey we're going to need to build a 'manned' rocket to put some tourists in space. Now we have to pull engineers off the probes project to build a manned rocket, which leaves projected probes projects understaffed [with deadlines to meet] and you have to pay those engineers still struggling to meet your probes deadlines for overtime pay, because they're working overtime, double shifts.

in my opinion, the pay penalty makes sense, because it's not designed as an unmanned craft. True the game uses the word 'crew' pretty exclusively in most terminology, but I think that's more of an oversight from the time before there were tourists [which is a fairly recent bolt on addition], and as such crew and non-crew respectively. nightingale probably never considered a need to say unmanned instead of un-crewed or no crew or tourists.

2 hours ago, rndomguy said:

Hey, I added this mod to my game and was wondering if youre supposed to only be able to have 3 contracts max. I have upgraded the facility to the last level, also I added it to a existing save.

Yup, it's a balance thing - the strategies are more powerful, so you're forced to choose the ones you want.