Jump to content

[1.8.x+] Strategia [v1.8.0] [2019-10-22]


nightingale
 Share

Recommended Posts

@MistaJunior - that one was a bug introduced in 1.7.0.  So new release time, download here!

Strategia 1.7.1

  • Fixed some issues with the kerbal portraits not refreshing properly when the level is dynamically changed (thanks zwinst).
  • Fixed error handling when tech tree can't be loaded (thanks zwinst).
  • Fixed the astronaut training strategy that was broken in 1.7.1 (thanks MistaJunior).
  • Fixed ugly number format in some places.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@nightingale I was browsing the issues on github and notice a one-off request for an early mercury-esque strategy. The idea intrigued me and I was wondering if there were any hurdles to me  pursuing developing such a strategy (such as anything hidden in the mod .dll that would prevent a new strategy from being added) or if you had any objections to such a pursuit.

Edited by fwdixon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, fwdixon said:

@nightingale I was browsing the issues on github and notice a one-off request for an early mercury-esque strategy. The idea intrigued me and I was wondering if there were any hurdles to me  pursuing developing such a strategy (such as anything hidden in the mod .dll that would prevent a new strategy from being added) or if you had any objections to such a pursuit.

No objections.  Took a quick look and this one should be possible with no code changes.  Use something like ImpactorProbes as a general guide to what your strategy would need to look like.  For the contract side there's likely to be lots and lots of examples out there.

I put some of my initial brainstorming thoughts on #56, so please go ahead and use that to keep track of progress/ask questions if you decide to take this on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am start a new game with this mod and hard points science and money. Mod looks like a very interesting mod - administrative building now is more important, and gameplay more intresting. But:

- requirenment "Must NOT have orbited for "crewed" and "uncrewed" strategies is not good! This is not obvious and causes additional difficulties. Not everyone needs this challenge. Me dont need. For this reason, i am do not want to use this type of strategy, and it is a pity.

- ok, I already used this strategy and failed the "Must not have have orbited Muna" requirement - it became orange. Until I was fined. When I am fined and can I still fulfill the terms of the strategy?

- can I turn it off this requirement (by editing the mod files) for future mission to other celestial bodies?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, nickicool said:

I am start a new game with this mod and hard points science and money. Mod looks like a very interesting mod - administrative building now is more important, and gameplay more intresting. But:

- requirenment "Must NOT have orbited for "crewed" and "uncrewed" strategies is not good! This is not obvious and causes additional difficulties. Not everyone needs this challenge. Me dont need. For this reason, i am do not want to use this type of strategy, and it is a pity.

Most of these are to make sure that the strategies are available at the right time in a player's progress (otherwise they are just easy funds).

10 hours ago, nickicool said:

- ok, I already used this strategy and failed the "Must not have have orbited Muna" requirement - it became orange. Until I was fined. When I am fined and can I still fulfill the terms of the strategy?

Are you able to provide a screenshot of what you mean?  I'm not clear if you're saying that you accepted the strategy, and it later failed/was removed when you no longer me the prerequisites?  If so that is a bug - the pre-requisites should only be checked on accepting the strategy.

10 hours ago, nickicool said:

- can I turn it off this requirement (by editing the mod files) for future mission to other celestial bodies?

Sure - edit the .cfg files - just keep in mind that I can't support a modified installation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ibanix said:

Back again in KSP after a long hiatus and glad to see Strategia is still going. 

Question: What do the upgrades to Contract Slot Machine do? They all seem to have the same description. 

Should be the same, just bigger variance ranges (and bigger potential benefit).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

For the Operations strategies, what exactly does "when a pilot/engineer/scientist is present" mean? For the Tourism Plus contracts I assume it's just having a pilot on the trip, which is required anyways I think, but what about the other two?

  • Engineer: Station, CleverSat, and Bases and Stations... present how? When I put a satellite in orbit for example, which is supposed to be uncrewed, how do I make an engineer present? Must he be in rendezvous close to the satellite once it hits the orbit or something? I.e. need to place a crewed pod in the right orbit, and then release the satellite?
     
  • Scientist: Science Collection and Field Research... present how? Do the actual science from EVA? In the craft together with the science when it's transmitted or recovered on Kerbin?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Svish said:

For the Operations strategies, what exactly does "when a pilot/engineer/scientist is present" mean? For the Tourism Plus contracts I assume it's just having a pilot on the trip, which is required anyways I think, but what about the other two?

  • Engineer: Station, CleverSat, and Bases and Stations... present how? When I put a satellite in orbit for example, which is supposed to be uncrewed, how do I make an engineer present? Must he be in rendezvous close to the satellite once it hits the orbit or something? I.e. need to place a crewed pod in the right orbit, and then release the satellite?
     
  • Scientist: Science Collection and Field Research... present how? Do the actual science from EVA? In the craft together with the science when it's transmitted or recovered on Kerbin?

Basically, if the current vessel (or EVA Kerbal) has/is an Engineer/Scientist/Pilot when the required type of contract completes, you'll get the bonus.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, nightingale said:

Basically, if the current vessel (or EVA Kerbal) has/is an Engineer/Scientist/Pilot when the required type of contract completes, you'll get the bonus.

How does that work though, especially with the CleverSat contracts for example, where you have to place unmanned probes in specific orbits?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Svish said:

How does that work though, especially with the CleverSat contracts for example, where you have to place unmanned probes in specific orbits?

Seems like it doesn't.  It's CleverSat that is adding the Strategia integration though - so you'd be better off asking in that tread.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, nightingale said:

Seems like it doesn't.  It's CleverSat that is adding the Strategia integration though - so you'd be better off asking in that tread.

Aha, I thought it was the Strategia mod which supported certain contracts. But that makes sense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 6:39 AM, nightingale said:

Strategia - A Brand New Strategy System!

<snip>

Download

CKAN: In CKAN, select and download the mod "Strategia".

GitHub: For the direct download option, please ensure you have all the dependencies before raising a support request:

  1. Contract Configurator is a required dependency and can be downloaded from its release thread.
  2. Custom Barn Kit is a required dependency and can be downloaded from its release thread.
  3. ModuleManager is a required dependency and can be downloaded from its release thread.
  4. Strategia can be downloaded from GitHub.

Source

The full source is available on GitHub.

<snip>

Might as well do the other thread and update any links to new forum threads so you don't have to be buried by the task - feel free to copy paste any content

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...

I'm having a problem with the mod. For clarity ill mention I'm using Galileo's Planet Pack. Now my problem is multiple strategies seem to have the same rewards regardless of level. Not all of them, just some. For example: Private Industry strategy has three levels, each increasing in cost in Spesos and Reputation, but the rewards for all three are the same. I haven't actually tried the higher level strategies to see if they are different or not. But I was wondering if the rewards are different and its just a bug, or they're supposed to be the same?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/31/2018 at 6:27 PM, TheRagingScientist said:

I'm having a problem with the mod. For clarity ill mention I'm using Galileo's Planet Pack. Now my problem is multiple strategies seem to have the same rewards regardless of level. Not all of them, just some. For example: Private Industry strategy has three levels, each increasing in cost in Spesos and Reputation, but the rewards for all three are the same. I haven't actually tried the higher level strategies to see if they are different or not. But I was wondering if the rewards are different and its just a bug, or they're supposed to be the same?

This is a known bug - I need to do a release soon to get that fix out, but have been busy for the last little while.  I'm out of town this week, so look for something next week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi - I am back after a hiatus from the game due to GPP breaking in a previous release of KSP and waiting on Galileo to do some updates.  ANyway I came back with the brand new 1.3 version and the latest GPP.  I have installed Strategia; and I only have 3 contracts showing?  Impactor Probes (the manned equivalent) - and one other.  None of the other contracts that I remember from previous versions are there such as massive scale launches etc?  Do i need a GPP specific version of Strategia - or do I have something screwed in my install?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Pinchy said:

Hi - I am back after a hiatus from the game due to GPP breaking in a previous release of KSP and waiting on Galileo to do some updates.  ANyway I came back with the brand new 1.3 version and the latest GPP.  I have installed Strategia; and I only have 3 contracts showing?  Impactor Probes (the manned equivalent) - and one other.  None of the other contracts that I remember from previous versions are there such as massive scale launches etc?  Do i need a GPP specific version of Strategia - or do I have something screwed in my install?

I assume you mean strategies.  Something is likely screwed up - when one fails to load I think it breaks the whole system.  I'd need to see KSP.log to comment further though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...