[1.8.x+] Strategia [v1.8.0] [2019-10-22]

nightingale

On 3/14/2016 at 2:13 PM, nightingale said:

It uses the stock progression stuff.  Any chance that this save was started on 1.0.4 or earlier?  And that you haven't done a crewed return to one of those bodies since then?  I ask because it was 1.0.5 that added support for tracking crewed/uncrewed differently.

I've had all crewed missions, and also just completed on. I do use an apollo style lander and the lander itself isn't what returns to kerbin, would that have any effect? 

Edit: Also can't do Duna program because I tried landing before but failed. I'm assuming messing with the save could break it, is there anyway I could easily change the strategy parameters? I haven't modded before so I'm not sure how easy it would be/go about doing it.

Edited by HoveringKiller
Added info

39 minutes ago, HoveringKiller said:

I've had all crewed missions, and also just completed on. I do use an apollo style lander and the lander itself isn't what returns to kerbin, would that have any effect? 

Edit: Also can't do Duna program because I tried landing before but failed. I'm assuming messing with the save could break it, is there anyway I could easily change the strategy parameters? I haven't modded before so I'm not sure how easy it would be/go about doing it.

It's mostly text (.cfg files), so it's not terribly hard to make minor changes.  But better would be to just keep trying for that Duna landing!  Do quicksave/quickload to get more chances to practice when you fail.  What youtubers to see what others do (I recommend @5thHorseman's channel).

1 hour ago, nightingale said:

It's mostly text (.cfg files), so it's not terribly hard to make minor changes.  But better would be to just keep trying for that Duna landing!  Do quicksave/quickload to get more chances to practice when you fail.  What youtubers to see what others do (I recommend @5thHorseman's channel).

Yea but I would like to get money for it other than the rewards from milestones haha. Any way to put into the save file that I had returned from the Mun/minmus so I could do other manned programs?

Edited by HoveringKiller
Clarity

@nightingale I'm just letting you know that the 'to boldly go...' bonus is also applying to the Northern and Southern Hemisphere 'biomes' which are used by the three new parts in DMagic Orbital Science version 1.2.

Added a note onto issue 31.

Edit: The spacehighsurface may in itself be a pseudo-biome as well, you'll have to ask DMagic about it.

Edited by smjjames

With my asministration building at lvl 1 i can only activate one strategy, admin building lvl 2 i can activate 2 strategies,...  while in strategias custombarnkit config it states "@activeStrategyLimit = 2, 3, 4"

I am aware that something similar was stated before, however i get confused by this numbers. Is there something strange going on (some incompatible mods maybe) or is it supposed to do this?

4 hours ago, Filigan said:

With my asministration building at lvl 1 i can only activate one strategy, admin building lvl 2 i can activate 2 strategies,...  while in strategias custombarnkit config it states "@activeStrategyLimit = 2, 3, 4"

I am aware that something similar was stated before, however i get confused by this numbers. Is there something strange going on (some incompatible mods maybe) or is it supposed to do this?

This is the most commonly reported issue.  It's working correctly, it's just the text that is wrong:

On 01/03/2016 at 9:41 AM, nightingale said:

Nope, it's by design - I wanted the strategies to be more powerful individually, but more limited (so one strategy slot per building level).  Unfortunately, I need an extra slot always open for the upgrade logic to work.  When KSP 1.1 rolls around I'll fix up all the UI and text stuff to make it look like there's the correct amount of slots open.

4 hours ago, sp1989 said:

I know I recommended station building strategies can I also recommend outpost and base building strategies too? Those would be great!

Toss your thoughts into #32.  My biggest hangup is what should the goal of a base building strategy be?  Build bases on multiple planets? Build a base on a planet/biome that doesn't have one already?  Should there be a restriction on what a base is (such as a size or part restriction)?  I want it to be fairly simple so it's mostly player directed, but still needs to be specific enough that it can't be gamed (ie. take it and then fullfill it with a base that's already there).

Is it supposed to charge 400,000 to go from To Boldly Go 2 up level 3?

I think it should cost only 300,000 (350,000 - the 50,000 already paid). You are required to have 400,000 only. If the true cost is 400,000 what does it mention 350,000 for? 

Sorry bit confused again :confused:

tlejP38.jpg

1 minute ago, nobodyhasthis2 said:

Is it supposed to charge 400,000 to go from To Boldly Go 2 up level 3?

I think it should cost only 300,000 (350,000 - the 50,000 already paid). You are required to have 400,000 only. If the true cost is 400,000 what does it mention 350,000 for? 

Sorry bit confused again :confused:

<snip>

It's another of those places where the hardcoded KSP UI isn't my friend.  Ignore what's in the confirmation dialog.  The cost is normally 400,000.  You've paid 50,000 so you will have to pay 350,000 to upgrade.  That's what the 350,000 (-50,000) indicates.  It's a bit confusing, but it's consistent with how it's displayed for contracts.

Hey everyone,

I have 3 active strategies of level 3. Now further strategies can't be used: "cannot support more than 3 active strategies at this level".

But my Administration Building is at level 3. In "CustomBarnKitConfig.cfg" it seems that 4 strategies should be allowed: "@activeStrategyLimit = 2, 3, 4"

Is this a correct limitation?

41 minutes ago, New Horizons said:

Is this a correct limitation?

I really need to fix this for 1.1:

9:41 AM, nightingale said:

Nope, it's by design - I wanted the strategies to be more powerful individually, but more limited (so one strategy slot per building level).  Unfortunately, I need an extra slot always open for the upgrade logic to work.  When KSP 1.1 rolls around I'll fix up all the UI and text stuff to make it look like there's the correct amount of slots open.

On 3/24/2016 at 11:12 PM, nightingale said:

Toss your thoughts into #32.  My biggest hangup is what should the goal of a base building strategy be?  Build bases on multiple planets? Build a base on a planet/biome that doesn't have one already?  Should there be a restriction on what a base is (such as a size or part restriction)?  I want it to be fairly simple so it's mostly player directed, but still needs to be specific enough that it can't be gamed (ie. take it and then fullfill it with a base that's already there).

I suppose it could be like the heavy lifters strategy? Like have x amount of tons landed on the mun. Have an outpost that weighs x amount of tons landed on duna? With a science lab. With habitation for x amount of kerbals. 

I just recently updated from 0.3 to 1.1.1 with the contract slot machine II strategy active in my saved game, and after updating my contracts were giving negative advance funding. Cancelling the strategy correctly restored the advance to be positive again, but re-enabling the strategy made the issue return. It's seemingly only messing with the advance amounts. The issue is present both for stock and contract pack contracts.

WRONG:

pVUecM3.png

RIGHT:

G2ltzty.png

As I said before, these issues were not present in version 0.3, which may or may not help you track down the bug. Best of luck and thanks for a great mod! :)

21 hours ago, Gazpachian said:

I just recently updated from 0.3 to 1.1.1 with the contract slot machine II strategy active in my saved game, and after updating my contracts were giving negative advance funding. Cancelling the strategy correctly restored the advance to be positive again, but re-enabling the strategy made the issue return. It's seemingly only messing with the advance amounts. The issue is present both for stock and contract pack contracts.

WRONG:

<snip>

RIGHT:

<snip>

As I said before, these issues were not present in version 0.3, which may or may not help you track down the bug. Best of luck and thanks for a great mod! :)

Whoops, missed replying to this one.  That being said, I can't seem to reproduce this one.  Can you send me your save file?

Also, I've got an update for KSP 1.1 ready to go, just waiting on the dependent mods to be updated and I'll release it.  Expect that to happen sometime tomorrow.

On 3/30/2016 at 6:11 AM, nightingale said:

Whoops, missed replying to this one.  That being said, I can't seem to reproduce this one.  Can you send me your save file?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/860g2sngtba7uzl/persistent.sfs?dl=0

the above link should have the slot machine strategy turned off, see if turning it on (after the gazillion warnings about craft deletions subside) results in the same issues. I fully expect this to be some strange conflict with Custom Barn Kit, SETI rebalance or any number of other mods I have installed. I also peeked at your source and couldn't find any obvious sign flipping, so this could be a "fun" bug to track down.

You could have a go at it, but if it's just me experiencing it you're free to let it go and focus on making the 1.1 release a smooth one! :)

2 hours ago, Gazpachian said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/860g2sngtba7uzl/persistent.sfs?dl=0

the above link should have the slot machine strategy turned off, see if turning it on (after the gazillion warnings about craft deletions subside) results in the same issues. I fully expect this to be some strange conflict with Custom Barn Kit, SETI rebalance or any number of other mods I have installed. I also peeked at your source and couldn't find any obvious sign flipping, so this could be a "fun" bug to track down.

You could have a go at it, but if it's just me experiencing it you're free to let it go and focus on making the 1.1 release a smooth one! :)

Sorry, can you send the save file with Contract Slot Machine turned on, and after you've viewed one of the broken contracts?  I'm trying to look at the save to see what's going on it in, rather than loading it up myself (differences in mods installed make that rather painful and a last resort).

3 hours ago, nightingale said:

Sorry, can you send the save file with Contract Slot Machine turned on, and after you've viewed one of the broken contracts?  I'm trying to look at the save to see what's going on it in, rather than loading it up myself (differences in mods installed make that rather painful and a last resort).

Alright, I'm onto something here...

Just to be on the safe side, this time around I decided to check in with the actual mission control building rather than looking at the contracts through CapCom. In mission control they appear fine, out in capcom I still get the negative glitch. Looking inside mission control does not fix the CapCom display, and it does appear that it's just a visual glitch in DMagic's mod upon further examination. I'll head over into the CapCom thread and stir up hell there instead while you may demote this to a minor visual interoperability bug. :)

7 hours ago, Gazpachian said:

Alright, I'm onto something here...

Just to be on the safe side, this time around I decided to check in with the actual mission control building rather than looking at the contracts through CapCom. In mission control they appear fine, out in capcom I still get the negative glitch. Looking inside mission control does not fix the CapCom display, and it does appear that it's just a visual glitch in DMagic's mod upon further examination. I'll head over into the CapCom thread and stir up hell there instead while you may demote this to a minor visual interoperability bug. :)

Derp, I should've asked you to check that when I saw that it was CapCom. :)

6 hours ago, Starfire70 said:

Any further word on the 1.1 beta version? I really miss your mod. :)

It's pretty much good to go - I just need a release of @sarbian's Custom Barn Kit mod to satisfy the full dependency list.  If he's waiting on the full 1.1 release then I'll respect that and Strategia will wait along with it.  If he's able to get the update out, then I'll do the same.

6 hours ago, nightingale said:

It's pretty much good to go - I just need a release of @sarbian's Custom Barn Kit mod to satisfy the full dependency list.  If he's waiting on the full 1.1 release then I'll respect that and Strategia will wait along with it.  If he's able to get the update out, then I'll do the same.

https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/CustomBarnKit/16/

:)

Edited by sarbian

Alrighty, updated for 1.1, download here.  As always, mind the dependencies!

Strategia 1.2.0

• Support for KSP 1.1
  • Fixed additional issue with incorrect ISP assignment in Pilot Focus III (thanks TorgHacker).
  • Increased the cache size for the contract slot machine strategy.