The earliest versions of Kerbal Space Program

KasperVld

On 3-3-2018 at 12:48 AM, SiriusRocketry said:

Looks like those pieces of KSP history are gone... :(

No need to be so negative. Those were the versions which were free to download for everyone. There is no real reason to hide those. Just wait if they will be made downloadable again.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I just found KSP Versions 0.7.3, 0.10.1 and 0.13.3! !:cool::D I will give you download links for them later... (As a Bonus I also found 0.18.3 Demo)

I put them on a Flash Drive so I will never lose them! At least these versions of KSP won't be lost to time...

Update: I also just found 0.8.5, 0.9.0, 0.11.1, and 0.12! Now I have them all! After I download them I am putting them on my Flash Drive so 3 years from now when you can't find copies anymore of these versions I can just plug in the flashdrive to my new computer and realize oh my gosh! I just realized I have these old versions that don't exist online anymore and they have been on this flashdrive for 3 years!!! 

I will give you the links really soon...

Here is my post I just made with the old versions revived!: 

Edited by Johnster_Space_Program

3 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

Some posts have been removed from this thread. We know you meant well, guys, but trading previous versions of KSP is actually illegal. 

Than make a official statement about it in the original official thread about those versions!

They used to be available to the public on the official page and until this comment I didn't know they turned "illegal".

4 minutes ago, maculator said:

Than make a official statement about it in the original official thread about those versions!

They used to be available to the public on the official page and until this comment I didn't know they turned "illegal".

Trading previous versions between yourselves is illegal. Getting them from Squad is legal, which is what the OP is about, though there has been an interruption in access due to some ramifications of Squad being purchased by Take Two. The intention is to make them available again at some point, legally, from Squad. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2018 at 3:27 AM, Rocket Surgeon said:

I've been here since landing on the dark side made your pod explode.

You might be the oldest non-staff on the forums!  

The really huge RCS part. Stacking 10 RCS modules to make your rocket fly straight. When space started at 40k and Kerbin didn't rotate. Establishing an orbit was about flying the orbital calculations. Loading the game took 10 minutes.

Good times. The halcyon days, when no-one even knew how to pronounce "Kerbal".

• 3 weeks later...

When there was no mun and everyone was screaming for a mun and Nova(I think) modded in a giant hunk of concrete as a moon and made a contest for getting it into orbit and was so shocked that someone actually SUCCEEDED in doing so that there was no prize, just the shocked futurama gif.

Good times.

On 2/11/2016 at 6:09 PM, KasperVld said:

Hi everyone!

It's been a long time since development of Kerbal Space Program began. 5 years ago Felipe started work on a 2.5D game that would eventually grow to the game that we all know and love. It's been quite a ride from the first, careful steps to a full fledged rocketry game that has inspired many people around the world. Those of you who have been around for a long time will know that Kerbal Space Program started out as freeware. Versions 0.7.x up to 0.13.x were free for those brave enough to try them.

Back in 2012 when I was a new member of this community I collected these versions of KSP and uploaded them for others to enjoy. People brought in more versions of the game that had then already seemed lost to eternity. Almost all free versions of the game were eventually brought together and offered for download. After the forum breakage in 2013 @xorg was awesome enough to restore the post and provide new links for all these 'community sourced' old and free versions of KSP, and I'd like to give a him a special mention here for that.

Now it's 2016 (time flies when piloting rockets) and unfortunately the community sourced downloads for these old versions were recently made unavailable1. I wanted to make these versions of Kerbal Space Program available to download again, but using the old files which had not come from Squad directly would not be wise. With the great help of @HarvesteR, @aLeXmOrA and @Chuchito we're now able to once again offer these versions for download, from an official source no less!

It's always been great revisiting the past to play around with a version of KSP from before it had such fancy tools as tank stacking, symmetry mode in the VAB or even a persistent save file. I'd encourage you to give it a try!

As for the legal notice: these builds of Kerbal Space Program are offered "as is" without any warranty and with the express warning that we cannot accept any liability for damages resulting from their use (though, they should work just fine). Install and use at your own risk.

If you're interested in what exactly you'll find the KSP Wiki has an overview of the version history. Download links are below.

These links just open up the homepage

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.