The earliest versions of Kerbal Space Program

KasperVld

I would pay to legally download installers for older KSP versions like that time the developers of Heat Signature let you download the prototypes.

10 hours ago, SuperFastJellyfish said:

I haven't ventured outside of the Science & Spaceflight(Science Labs) corner of the forums much the past few years, but these are the versions of KSP I have on my PC:

6alcKRc.png

How!?

2 hours ago, SuperFastJellyfish said:

Usually, when a new version came out, I copied the old one to my storage drive. 

I regret not doing that. Imagine all the old, outdated mods I could play, like Romfarer's lazor mod. I loved that mod. Not useful but fun. :(

Seriously, devs. Please release the legacy versions (before 1.0) as a DLC. Please? ;.;

Edited by Bej Kerman
Grammar

Why do people still say it's bad to upload copies of ksp from 0.14 - .90? Seriously why protect software that is not only years outdated, nothing like the current version, but not even being offered legally.

5 minutes ago, 10rima1 said:

Why do people still say it's bad to upload copies of ksp from 0.14 - .90? Seriously why protect software that is not only years outdated, nothing like the current version, but not even being offered legally.

Squad's reasons for asserting the copyright are their own, but they do, so sharing those versions remains illegal. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I got 1.7.1 when it first released, then 1.7.2 right after that. And of course I deleted the downloads for 1.7.1 

I checked my account on the download page, and looked around but I can't find anywhere to go back and download previous versions. 

Are the newer previous versions available somewhere on the official website that I'm missing somehow? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2019 at 1:20 AM, Eleven said:

Are the newer previous versions available somewhere on the official website that I'm missing somehow? 

The website has 1.7.2, 1.6.1, and 1.4.5 and earlier versions.   They usually only let you download the most recent stable release of each major number. 

30 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

the most recent stable release of each major number. 

Fixed that for you.

It has clearly nothing to do with stability, they just keep up the last minor revision/patch of each major version.

I remember grass was greener back then (yes they had a different texture i believe) and you can still see some of the parts we had to work with in the hangar at the island runway. *looks around for his attractive nurse and wheelchair*

With the decline in user numbers im sometimes wondering what the last version of KSP will be i play. It will be the last they release thats for sure. :)

Edited by VITAS

27 minutes ago, VITAS said:

With the decline in user numbers im sometimes wondering what the last version of KSP will be i play. It will be the last they release thats for sure. :)

Agreed 110% I will be playing this game till I no longer breathe.  

I am at such a lose of words that this game would be loosing users... Considering it is approved by everyone, including the professional community!  

The KSPverse has so much potential still! .. the previews for the upcoming update prove that! :)

On 4/28/2019 at 3:03 PM, 5thHorseman said:

Irony at its finest, as KSP has no anti-piracy measures at all.

What's so ironic about that?  Any DRM that could possibly have been added years ago would be trivially bypassed today (if not days after installation) and would only exist to frustrate paying customers and cause bugs in legit copies.  DRM-free remains the best anti-piracy method of all.

- Note that  KSP-edu *does* have DRM, and I'd admit that situation there might justify it.  But KSP-edu doesn't seem to be doing that well in any event.

1 hour ago, wumpus said:

What's so ironic about that?

Nothing. The irony was in the statement I quoted. I may have misread it, now that I read it again months later. At the time I seem to have thought it at least implied that KSP had anti piracy measures, which to me seemed a leap from the very accurate statement that sharing copies was illegal.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.