KasperVld

The earliest versions of Kerbal Space Program

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

@TrueKerbalnaut is from the future! What do they add in 1.5? KER? OPM? Terraforming?

:P

Online battle royale? Sony crossplay?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, 10rima1 said:

bandicam_2018-07-22_09-25-03-335.jpgWho wants it?

IIRC the 0.18.3 demo is already available (a link on the previous page).

And welcome back to the forums!

Edited by RealKerbal3x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/22/2018 at 10:03 AM, RealKerbal3x said:

IIRC the 0.18.3 demo is already available (a link on the previous page).

And welcome back to the forums!

lol no I meant all of the versions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 10rima1 said:

lol no I meant all of the versions.

Sorry for the misunderstanding :) BTW sharing old versions of KSP is illegal IIRC. I think @Vanamonde mentioned that on the previous page too. The versions that were available on this thread were the free versions, so they are available to the public.

Edited by RealKerbal3x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/23/2018 at 1:38 PM, RealKerbal3x said:

Sorry for the misunderstanding :) BTW sharing old versions of KSP is illegal IIRC. I think @Vanamonde mentioned that on the previous page too. The versions that were available on this thread were the free versions, so they are available to the public.

Using that logic you would be able to figure how I got those versions. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, 10rima1 said:

Using that logic you would be able to figure how I got those versions. ;)

Oh, my mistake there :P. But we are only allowed to share versions 0.7.3 to 0.13.3, as those are the versions that were available for free. After that they were priced, so trading versions after 0.13.3 is an EULA violation I believe. While you may have them, you can't trade them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kerbol.
The only star evolved from a red dwarf to the yellow one.

Edited by kerbiloid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2018 at 10:13 AM, RealKerbal3x said:

Oh, my mistake there :P. But we are only allowed https://bestledjumprope.com share versions 0.7.3 to 0.13.3, as those are the versions that were available for free. After https://waterflossersguide.com they were priced, so trading versions after 0.13.3 is an EULA violation I believe. While you may have them, you can't trade them.

Got it. Thanks!

Edited by beasly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are the links broken? They keep redirecting to the KSP website homepage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Xurkitree said:

Are the links broken? They keep redirecting to the KSP website homepage

Try this thread instead:

Those should work :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some content has been removed. Folks, please do not solicit illegal copies of the game. Thank you for your understanding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay. I am playing in 1.6.1 and I want to go alllll the way back to something like 0.19 or so. Is this possible to do? (I'm using Steam if that helps)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Overlapping threads have been merged.

@millionmax, most of what you seek will be explained here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I seriously wish SQUAD would release 0.18 or some alpha version as free to play. To make it reasonable one could put a restriction that you need to own a copy of KSP to download it.

Because I seriously want to see how broken the old versions were. I want to enjoy exploring all the planets but outdated and weird lookin tech.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This video was made in 2011. It is the earliest recording I can scrounge up from the "olden days" of Kerbal Spaceflight. That's 0.18, or 19 maybe... sometime around that general epoch, for sure

There was no map view back then, nor any method of measuring orbital parameters without doing the math yourself from speed and altitude alone.  The game had not much earlier been planned as a casual "how high can it go before boom" type challenge, which would have likely veered towards the mobile "casual" market (and therefrom unto oblivion) ... After some insistence by myself, since back then HarvesteR would sometimes still take advice from his own twin brother, the concept was fortunately turned towards the simulator side. I recall promoting it as "if they're gonna blow up anyways, it might as well happen on the way to a realistic orbit. No sense dumbing it down for accessibility" - much to our benefit, that idea actually stuck, and KSP as we know it was born. This video was made a few months after that event.

Note that there were already some mods made. - Mod friendliness were always a high concern in KSP development history. One of the very first major parts packs "Wobbly Rockets" is being used in that video. Plus some assorted bits I had made myself and have since become most thoroughly obsolete many times over

There was no Mun, or anywhere else to go... there wasn't even time warp (some of us used cheat-engine type software to force faster running) so completing a full orbit around Kerbin and reentering near enough home base was the pinnacle of achievement. It had to be done by the seat of one's pants, so it was much more art than science really...

 

 

Edited by Moach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Moach said:

This video was made in 2011. It is the earliest recording I can scrounge up from the "olden days" of Kerbal Spaceflight. That's 0.18, or 19 maybe... sometime around that general epoch, for sure

There was no map view back then, nor any method of measuring orbital parameters without doing the math yourself from speed and altitude alone.  The game had not much earlier been planned as a casual "how high can it go before boom" type challenge, which would have likely veered towards the mobile "casual" market (and therefrom unto oblivion) ... After some insistence by myself, since back then HarvesteR would sometimes still take advice from his own twin brother, the concept was fortunately turned towards the simulator side. I recall promoting it as "if they're gonna blow up anyways, it might as well happen on the way to a realistic orbit. No sense dumbing it down for accessibility" - much to our benefit, that idea actually stuck, and KSP as we know it was born. This video was made a few months after that event.

Note that there were already some mods made. - Mod friendliness were always a high concern in KSP development history. One of the very first major parts packs "Wobbly Rockets" is being used in that video. Plus some assorted bits I had made myself and have since become most thoroughly obsolete many times over

There was no Mun, or anywhere else to go... there wasn't even time warp (some of us used cheat-engine type software to force faster running) so completing a full orbit around Kerbin and reentering near enough home base was the pinnacle of achievement. It had to be done by the seat of one's pants, so it was much more art than science really...

 

 

If there wasn't a Mun to go to, that's pretty 0.12, isn't it? God that was a long time ago... Why, I remember when Minmus was freshly discovered! ;)

 

Good times, gang... good times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oldest i came was 0.23, when Aero forces were Nonexistent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.