[1.2] & [1.1.3] | Official Release of Kerbal Galaxy Revamped | [PROJECT SCRAPPED]

TheJangleMan

8 hours ago, ithinkiamaps said:

When I download the file, it is a single .rar file, instead of a zip file with a bunch of folders in it. Is this supposed to happen? If so, where do I need to put this .rar file to make it work?

Uncompress the .rar file and you shall see the folders

• 2 weeks later...

I was trolling around this post (and the original KerbalGalaxy 2 post), and I noticed a lot of people posting errors that either didn't have anything to do with the mod or had already been answered. Here are some common problems:

Missing solar system/Stars orbiting the sun instead of a black hole/No extra stars (stock solar system): You probably installed the mod's files in the wrong places. If a mod's file contains a folder called GameData, then post that folder into your KSP folder (this will copy everything in the file's GameData into KSP's GameData). If it contains one or several folders which have .dll's in them, then you should paste the folders into the GameData folder (that way the mod's files end up in GameData). Make sure that you don't end up with something that looks like KSP/GameData/Example_Mod-1.0.0/GameData, as this will most likely break the mod.

Screen becomes a rainbow, and then KSP crashes: This is because you're running out of RAM. If you run Mac OS X, then you're currently stuck with the 32-bit version of KSP, which means that you'll constantly be having this problem (32-bit Mac OS X KSP only has access to about 1 GB of RAM, no matter how much you actually have). The only thing I can suggest is to use memory enhancement mods such as ActiveTextureManagement, which significantly lower the memory footprint.

Those are the only two things I can think of right now, but if you do encounter a problem, make sure that a) it's not one of the above and b) that someone else hasn't found a fix. If you post an error that has already had a working fix suggested, then you will probably get a slap on the wrist and a link back to that post. I'm not saying this to be mean; it's just that someone saying that they're having a problem that already has a suggested fix only serves to pollute the post history and take valuable time away from the mod developer.

tl;dr: Think before you post an error!

(I'm going to take this space to mention that this is a W.I.P. mod, which means that there will be a crapton of bugs. Be patient. Just because you post a problem doesn't mean it will be fixed that same day; in point of fact, it can take several months before a working fix is released, and potentially longer if the problem is in a dependency (such as Kopernicus). If you make a post about a bug and nobody says anything, all you need is a polite "*bump*". Spamming "HELP ME OMG" is not going to help you or anyone else.)

Happy Modding!

On 3/15/2016 at 10:02 PM, Blazer Nitrox said:

I was trolling around this post (and the original KerbalGalaxy 2 post), and I noticed a lot of people posting errors that either didn't have anything to do with the mod or had already been answered. Here are some common problems:

Missing solar system/Stars orbiting the sun instead of a black hole/No extra stars (stock solar system): You probably installed the mod's files in the wrong places. If a mod's file contains a folder called GameData, then post that folder into your KSP folder (this will copy everything in the file's GameData into KSP's GameData). If it contains one or several folders which have .dll's in them, then you should paste the folders into the GameData folder (that way the mod's files end up in GameData). Make sure that you don't end up with something that looks like KSP/GameData/Example_Mod-1.0.0/GameData, as this will most likely break the mod.

Screen becomes a rainbow, and then KSP crashes: This is because you're running out of RAM. If you run Mac OS X, then you're currently stuck with the 32-bit version of KSP, which means that you'll constantly be having this problem (32-bit Mac OS X KSP only has access to about 1 GB of RAM, no matter how much you actually have). The only thing I can suggest is to use memory enhancement mods such as ActiveTextureManagement, which significantly lower the memory footprint.

Those are the only two things I can think of right now, but if you do encounter a problem, make sure that a) it's not one of the above and b) that someone else hasn't found a fix. If you post an error that has already had a working fix suggested, then you will probably get a slap on the wrist and a link back to that post. I'm not saying this to be mean; it's just that someone saying that they're having a problem that already has a suggested fix only serves to pollute the post history and take valuable time away from the mod developer.

tl;dr: Think before you post an error!

(I'm going to take this space to mention that this is a W.I.P. mod, which means that there will be a crapton of bugs. Be patient. Just because you post a problem doesn't mean it will be fixed that same day; in point of fact, it can take several months before a working fix is released, and potentially longer if the problem is in a dependency (such as Kopernicus). If you make a post about a bug and nobody says anything, all you need is a polite "*bump*". Spamming "HELP ME OMG" is not going to help you or anyone else.)

Happy Modding!

*slowly starts clapping* Beautiful speech sir....

7 hours ago, Table said:

Can this work with Outer Planets Mod, Trans Keptunian, and Kerbol Plus?

Not at the moment, but soon to be though!

Edit -- It seems that, at least with respect to my first paragraph, I'm not original in my thinking, as two others have made similar statements.  In my defense, I'd read through the original thread that was replaced by this one, and I simply closed my browser tab with the previous pages discussion thinking I'd already read it over.  Sorry.

~~~

I note on the front page that a known bug is difficulty with solar panels not working.  Is this because of how stock-behavior panels work?  What I mean is, if the central black hole (which should prolly get a name -- Centrica?) is currently either labeled as "Sun," or is modeled as the central gravitational object in the simulation -- and the default game presupposes that the central object is kerbol -- then solar panels would actually be keyed to work off the modeled distance to that central object.  We already know that in stock, solar panels work according to the inverse-square law, and the orbital altitudes of the six stars as measured from the black hole are nothing short of "gargantuan" with respect to what the stock solar panel inverse-square behavior is designed to anticipate.

Ultimately, the solar panels in stock only work from "the sun," and presume that there exists only one sun.  We can use Kopernicus and other mods to nest moons-of-moons, and to set kerbol itself as a planet orbiting the black hole with Kerbin as a kerbolar moon, and Mun as a moon-of-a-moon.  What we're essentially asking the game to do is to allow "planets" to generate solar output for solar-panel EC purposes, so that we might model the inverse-square law from THEM.  And indeed, we'd want to set different constants for each star as a way of simulating stars of different output and spectra characteristics.  We'd want to be sure that "stock-for-Kerbin" solar panel EC-productivity would be modeled for whatever any given star's "habitable zone" would be expected to provide, of course.  I'd even suggest that this might be a higher priority fix than people would expect, because once we have a mod that can assign different habitable zones for each star, we can then start modeling realistic geologies and atmospheres of these exoplanets.

Edited by MisterFister
I posted this before realizing that two other people had uttered the same thoughts

On 3/17/2016 at 3:31 PM, MisterFister said:

Edit -- It seems that, at least with respect to my first paragraph, I'm not original in my thinking, as two others have made similar statements.  In my defense, I'd read through the original thread that was replaced by this one, and I simply closed my browser tab with the previous pages discussion thinking I'd already read it over.  Sorry.

~~~

I note on the front page that a known bug is difficulty with solar panels not working.  Is this because of how stock-behavior panels work?  What I mean is, if the central black hole (which should prolly get a name -- Centrica?) is currently either labeled as "Sun," or is modeled as the central gravitational object in the simulation -- and the default game presupposes that the central object is kerbol -- then solar panels would actually be keyed to work off the modeled distance to that central object.  We already know that in stock, solar panels work according to the inverse-square law, and the orbital altitudes of the six stars as measured from the black hole are nothing short of "gargantuan" with respect to what the stock solar panel inverse-square behavior is designed to anticipate.

Ultimately, the solar panels in stock only work from "the sun," and presume that there exists only one sun.  We can use Kopernicus and other mods to nest moons-of-moons, and to set kerbol itself as a planet orbiting the black hole with Kerbin as a kerbolar moon, and Mun as a moon-of-a-moon.  What we're essentially asking the game to do is to allow "planets" to generate solar output for solar-panel EC purposes, so that we might model the inverse-square law from THEM.  And indeed, we'd want to set different constants for each star as a way of simulating stars of different output and spectra characteristics.  We'd want to be sure that "stock-for-Kerbin" solar panel EC-productivity would be modeled for whatever any given star's "habitable zone" would be expected to provide, of course.  I'd even suggest that this might be a higher priority fix than people would expect, because once we have a mod that can assign different habitable zones for each star, we can then start modeling realistic geologies and atmospheres of these exoplanets.

Well, the reason why solar panels don't work is because there cant be more than 1 star that emits, well, light (Lol) AND the actual sun is classified as being in the very center!

On 3/20/2016 at 9:30 AM, Spaceception said:

Would this mod work with Scatterer and Extrasolar?

And are you planning on putting this on SpaceDock?

Yes, when it becomes stable, it will be put on SpaceDock... also, those other quotes you put confused me XD I'll focus on compatibility issues when the mod itself is stable with the primary game! also, dont forget to install the official dlc for ksp called Asteroid Day... the parts in there might help you on your ventures 

Edited by TheJangleMan

Don't be sorry for not being done on time, take as much time as you need, the fact you're reviving this mod at all is great

Also also, all of the new stars have the same kind of look as the normal sun until zoomed in as close as you can, i'm assuming this is normal but incase it isn't i thought id report it

Edited by Hikari_or_whatever

On 3/22/2016 at 11:41 PM, Hikari_or_whatever said:

Don't be sorry for not being done on time, take as much time as you need, the fact you're reviving this mod at all is great

Also also, all of the new stars have the same kind of look as the normal sun until zoomed in as close as you can, i'm assuming this is normal but incase it isn't i thought id report it

Hmm, I'll see what I can do XD

oh, also, thanks for reporting, any way you can give me video proof? 'cause it was working for me... also, are you running any other mods? Its extremely UNSTABKE with a TON of othermods :/

Edited by TheJangleMan

I'm looking at making stars currently. I'm currently not too knowledgeable at making stars but I have asked for help so TheJangleMan, i can semi-help you with modding this mod. Im a bit busy so i won't be able to help all the time. Ill also have a look at making this mod compatible with other popular mods. I've only recently gone into modding though but it should be fun creating, modding, learning and helping with a few things.

Hello! I can test beta version of  this mod (v 0.2.8.9) on Mac and on Windows. Also I can send you the log if I would see any bug, but me need download link. Could you give it me? Sorry for my English.

Edited by AlexDremov
Mistakes (

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for late update, It will take some time to review and go over your questions, The notification thing wasnt working and It didnt show that people were responding D:

On 3/31/2016 at 4:24 AM, SAS123 said:

I'm looking at making stars currently. I'm currently not too knowledgeable at making stars but I have asked for help so TheJangleMan, i can semi-help you with modding this mod. Im a bit busy so i won't be able to help all the time. Ill also have a look at making this mod compatible with other popular mods. I've only recently gone into modding though but it should be fun creating, modding, learning and helping with a few things.

Yeah, that would help a lot!

On 3/31/2016 at 0:47 AM, Table said:

Will this work with 1.1? JangleMan I hope ur going to actually revive this mod

When 1.1 gets officially released I will update it to 1.1

On 3/30/2016 at 2:31 PM, SpaceKraken said:

Where is Sunflower? Where is Wormhole? WHERE IS OPETE?

Are you sure you are trying to revive this mod? 

and did you asked permission from artyomka15?

(sorry for my english)

Wormhole is somewhere around the orbit of Jool (as far as I know, I may have screwed something up as I was updating it D:)

and Sunflower SHOULD be in the Oblok system, just zoom out a crap ton in the map, you should be able to find it there.

I accidentally deleted Opete system, lol... also, and hold your horses!!!!!!! Either provide helpful feedback, offer to help, or get out!(not to be rude, but I dont want my notifications clogged with hard to respond to questions that dont help me in any way)

Edited by TheJangleMan

On 4/2/2016 at 10:24 AM, AlexDremov said:

Hello! I can test beta version of  this mod (v 0.2.8.9) on Mac and on Windows. Also I can send you the log if I would see any bug, but me need download link. Could you give it me? Sorry for my English.

You can download the file, just click on the blue text saying "Download Here" via the post

Edited by TheJangleMan

On 3/17/2016 at 3:31 PM, MisterFister said:

~~~

not quite sure if I responded to you yet, but Centrica sounds like a good name for it, except, the primary blackhole is in the "Gargantua" system

5 hours ago, TheJangleMan said:

OMG The experimental version got deleted somehow!!!!!!! ALL THAT WORK!!!!!!!!! ITS ALL GONE!!!!! D:

You know you can just make another download link right?

On 4/15/2016 at 7:44 AM, TheJangleMan said:

sorry for late update, It will take some time to review and go over your questions, The notification thing wasnt working and It didnt show that people were responding D:

Yeah, that would help a lot!

When 1.1 gets officially released I will update it to 1.1

Wormhole is somewhere around the orbit of Jool (as far as I know, I may have screwed something up as I was updating it D:)

and Sunflower SHOULD be in the Oblok system, just zoom out a crap ton in the map, you should be able to find it there.

I accidentally deleted Opete system, lol... also, and hold your horses!!!!!!! Either provide helpful feedback, offer to help, or get out!(not to be rude, but I dont want my notifications clogged with hard to respond to questions that dont help me in any way)

I'm highly busy this week (Groomsmen for wedding) but after that i can start helping. If you have anything in mind i can help with, i would be happy to help.

On 4/18/2016 at 11:29 AM, MisterFister said:

Unless the actual copy was deleted.

Guys/girls, the EXPERIMENTAL version got deleted, the one I was working on, the 1.0.5 version that I originally released is still available!!!!!!!!!!!

11 hours ago, SAS123 said:

I'm highly busy this week (Groomsmen for wedding) but after that i can start helping. If you have anything in mind i can help with, i would be happy to help.

If you want(after all the stuff you need to do) you can help me update it to 1.1.0 ... It's been a pain in the rear trying to update it :/

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.