[1.2] & [1.1.3] | Official Release of Kerbal Galaxy Revamped | [PROJECT SCRAPPED]

TheJangleMan

I've made a small plugin/MM patch in an attempt to fix the solar panel issue until the Kopernicus folks find the bug and squash it. Limited testing in GN and seems to work. Approach is basically what ShotgunNinja outlined above - Adds a plugin to use 1/r2 to the nearest star to calculate power. Accesses the original panel (after setting the local star) for exposure/occlusion. One thing you may notice, and is beyond the scope of this plugin, is that heating is also calculated to the original Sun/Kerbol - so you can get real close to the "Extra" stars without overheating.

Warning - alpha version - don't use with a game you care about!

Feedback appreciated.

Edited by wasml
Link to thread

3 hours ago, Table said:

I don't think this guy's even reviving the mod

Hey, wipe that smirk off ya face. Did you even read? "I HAVENT HAD ACCESS TO A COMPUTER IN A WHILE" I also have been busy with medical checkups like blood work and scans and stuff like that to see if I have cancer or lupus. When you say things like this, it makes people less likely to do things.

Edit: I'm typing this on a frigging phone for crying out loud!

On 6/9/2016 at 9:05 PM, wasml said:

I've made a small plugin/MM patch in an attempt to fix the solar panel issue until the Kopernicus folks find the bug and squash it. Limited testing in GN and seems to work. Approach is basically what ShotgunNinja outlined above - Adds a plugin to use 1/r2 to the nearest star to calculate power. Accesses the original panel (after setting the local star) for exposure/occlusion. One thing you may notice, and is beyond the scope of this plugin, is that heating is also calculated to the original Sun/Kerbol - so you can get real close to the "Extra" stars without overheating.

Warning - alpha version - don't use with a game you care about!

Feedback appreciated.

Hey, thanks for posting this, I will have my PC set back up in a few days and I will CERTAINLY check it out! :D

Edited by TheJangleMan

On 6/18/2016 at 1:12 PM, Thomdare said:

Ok so @TheJangleMan, can you explain to me how you updated it to 1.0.5? I'm rather new to coding in KSP, so I might need a reference. Also would you mind if I make some planetary additions?

sorry for late reply (my files on my pc got corrupted D: except for the drop box files :D) but yeah, you can add planitary additions! I even stated in the info that any additions would be perfect! Also, I really cant remember how I updated it XD it was such a long time ago!

Edited by TheJangleMan

2 hours ago, TheJangleMan said:

sorry for late reply (my files on my pc got corrupted D: except for the drop box files :D) but yeah, you can add planitary additions! I even stated in the info that any additions would be perfect! Also, I really cant remember how I updated it XD it was such a long time ago!

No problem, I just hope it goes to 1.1.2

I'll use some outside reference to see how its done

*EDIT* I think I figured it out, I'll test it tonight

Edited by Thomdare

My school holidays have started (I'm an aussie! :) ) so ill have a look at this mod and optimize it and update it the best i can. It might take me a while but ill definitively learn some new things on the way as well. I'm not sure about the wormhole, ill have a look at it though.

UPDATE: I've been working on the Abbadon system and I've updated all the coding to be more structured and orderly an it works in 1.1.2! I'll update the rest of the configs, turn the sun into a black hole again and then decide if the textures should be updated o not.

Edited by SAS123

So I found out what a .rar file is, did all the stuff, and the mod still didn't work :(, as in everything worked, except the mod's planets/stars (the mod's stuff didn't load). the only thing that did load was the stock kerbol system.

On 6/23/2016 at 5:51 AM, SAS123 said:

My school holidays have started (I'm an aussie! :) ) so ill have a look at this mod and optimize it and update it the best i can. It might take me a while but ill definitively learn some new things on the way as well. I'm not sure about the wormhole, ill have a look at it though.

UPDATE: I've been working on the Abbadon system and I've updated all the coding to be more structured and orderly an it works in 1.1.2! I'll update the rest of the configs, turn the sun into a black hole again and then decide if the textures should be updated o not.

do the gargantua system.

please.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys :) i decided to try updating this mod to 1.1.3. Here are my results:

Download KerbalGalaxy 1.1.3

(License, original mod from  @TheJangleMan  )

-Fixed some nonworking config parts. Now loads without errors
-Removed Wormhole and big strange looking accretion disc
-Fixed Pantagruel's mass, at this rotation rate it does not have enough gravity to support itself

Also, since it does not made sense to me that big stars and even a black hole orbit the normal sun, i added a "Kerbol" star
and reparented the kerbol system to it. Once this is done, the mass of the center core can be increased by a good amount
to help for realism

Download Kerbol System

However, since this method reparents Kerbin, stuff is going to break. I got a KSC view which is not completely black, however
once you lanuch anything, you get a NullReferenceException. Once this is fixed the rest works fine. 

And as a small advertisement, if i get the shader running in KSP, this could become possible!

And for why the mod is loading slowly: It's textures are HUGE, so no surprise here.

Edited by Gotbread

5 hours ago, Gotbread said:

-Fixed Pantagruel's mass, at this rotation rate it does not have enough gravity to support itself

Also, since it does not made sense to me that big stars and even a black hole orbit the normal sun, i added a "Kerbol" star
and reparented the kerbol system to it. Once this is done, the mass of the center core can be increased by a good amount
to help for realism

Download Kerbol System

However, since this method reparents Kerbin, stuff is going to break. I got a KSC view which is not completely black, however
once you lanuch anything, you get a NullReferenceException. Once this is fixed the rest works fine. 

And as a small advertisement, if i get the shader running in KSP, this could become possible!

And for why the mod is loading slowly: It's textures are HUGE, so no surprise here.

Please also make a new develpoment thead

• 3 weeks later...

oh god... its been a while.

On 7/13/2016 at 4:12 AM, Gotbread said:

to help for realism

Download Kerbol System

I had retextured the accretion disk for Gargantua so it looks proper, but the file got lost :/ dropbox sucks, no doubt about it!

On 7/13/2016 at 4:12 AM, Gotbread said:

to help for realism

Download Kerbol System

BTW, you forgot to pack the essentials, also, gargantua was supposed to have that accretion disk :/

oh well, I'll just add it back in

Edited by TheJangleMan

Please, use my discord for the quickest way to contact me! It feels as though this forum is broken and it never sends me an email or notification not even a desktop notification of when someone replies or messages me! 

Wonder if having a double body wormhole would work better I saw this way back in the old kerbal galaxy that had the wormhole...

Had this idea from awhile back where the 1st wormhole orbited close to Jool, 2nd wormhole could be located around Gargantua or one of it's smaller planets. Entering the worm hole around Jool could put you in orbit of the wormhole around Gargantua in a position to burn retrograde and enter the wormhole this time putting you in orbit around the wormhole in Jool making an easy 2-way wormhole.

Testing this mod out on Mac (from August 1st post) I noticed that when I put a vessel on the launchpad and goto it in tracking station says it's on the launchpad but when I goto to vessel itself it is showing as on the surface of the star polaris (which is black).

Edited by ToneStack
clarity of mod version tested

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.