[1.2] & [1.1.3] | Official Release of Kerbal Galaxy Revamped | [PROJECT SCRAPPED]

TheJangleMan

Just now, TheJangleMan said:

As I said before, PLEASE, because I am not receiving notifications of messages here, Use Discord, I  have it set so a loud sound plays every time a message is sent on my discord channel, and I check it the second I hear the sound

Yah I saw that after posting the problem, that is why i went there and sent a post with the link

• 2 weeks later...

@Galileo

Sir, I know this is not your mod, but, I tried this with clean installation of 1.2 + kopernicus, everything is ok, but as soon as i add scatterer, there comes a very nasty memory leak (the picture, the arrow shows when the ksc scene opens) as soon as we switch to command center or inside any other building, the memory gets freed in few seconds, knowing that you have some mod related to planet systems, and you had scatterer settings, can you please help us here to understand what is the problem with scatterer? thanks

http://prntscr.com/cxkpqq

10 minutes ago, Jiraiyah said:

@Galileo

Sir, I know this is not your mod, but, I tried this with clean installation of 1.2 + kopernicus, everything is ok, but as soon as i add scatterer, there comes a very nasty memory leak (the picture, the arrow shows when the ksc scene opens) as soon as we switch to command center or inside any other building, the memory gets freed in few seconds, knowing that you have some mod related to planet systems, and you had scatterer settings, can you please help us here to understand what is the problem with scatterer? thanks

http://prntscr.com/cxkpqq

This is my best guess. The reason this happens is because scatterer doesn't load at the main menu. When the KSC scene shows up,  the game loads scatterer so you can expect more ram to be used.  The exact opposite happens when entering the tracking station or any other building,  scatterer is not loaded in those scenes so you will see a drop in memory usage. Hope this helps. 

1 minute ago, Galileo said:

This is my best guess. The reason this happens is because scatterer doesn't load at the main menu. When the KSC scene shows up,  the game loads scatterer so you can expect more ram to be used.  The exact opposite happens when entering the tracking station or any other building,  scatterer is not loaded in those scenes so you will see a drop in memory usage. Hope this helps. 

dude, if i leave the game in ksc view, it constantly rise up to eat all my 32 GB of memory !!!!!

it's a memory leak for sure, but when i talked with the mod developer, he said he don't know why it would happen. I thought as a person who had worked with kopernicus and scatterer you may know why a planet system would leak memory side by side with scatterer?

Edited by Jiraiyah

2 minutes ago, Jiraiyah said:

dude, if i leave the game in ksc view, it constantly rise up to eat all my 32 GB of memory !!!!!

Hmmm then I don't know.  I would go ask in the scatterer thread.  Be sure to provide your logs. Blackrack will be a much bigger help than I would :) I use scatterer in all of my mods and haven't noticed a memory leak like that.  

Edited by Galileo

Hay JangleMan.I have downloaded the mod and for some odd reason if I try to orbit the star in the default system it sends me into a straight trajectory where I will escape the default system,and once it reaches another system it does the same thing with that system.Is there a mod I don't have or is there a bug you still need to fix  ?

On 2016-10-27 at 4:13 PM, Procomando said:

Hay JangleMan.I have downloaded the mod and for some odd reason if I try to orbit the star in the default system it sends me into a straight trajectory where I will escape the default system,and once it reaches another system it does the same thing with that system.Is there a mod I don't have or is there a bug you still need to fix  ?

I had that problem, I found another mod called Interstellar adventure revived which does not have this problem as long as you move the stars to farther orbits from kerbol which I find more realistic and fun at the same time.

Edited by Piratepete5

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 8:49 PM, JKerman said:

Help! The space dock download is so slow that is says it will take 4 hours to download, and the download speed keeps slowing down! 

Also, the curseforge link contains no data except for the shaders and modulemanager.

well, not sure what I can do though, I have a mediafire link, but I don't know the link for it

On 11/5/2016 at 9:13 PM, The1pod2 said:

Hello :) , I have a question, is it normal that the black hole Gargantua shine as a sun ? 

The accretion disk around the black hole can shine. Very efficiently. There is also a visual distortion through a gravitational lens effect which can redirect that shine. some more information on the subject here https://www.quora.com/Do-black-holes-shine-In-the-movie-Interstellar-why-did-it-seem-that-the-black-hole-Gargantua-had-special-type-of-shining-belt

That's the simple answer but if it rotates. Think Wibbly-Wobbly, Timey-Wimey, Spacey-Wacey :confused:

Edited by nobodyhasthis2

Hello before installing this comprehensive mod i'd like to ask if the star systems have their own abmient lights?

For example if I enter the "Nim" star system, would the over all ambient light (at least the light on my spacecraft) in that area of influence be reddish? Since the Nim's sun itself is a red light illuminating dwarf?

If not, would I ever be able to alter a setting for adjusting that?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.