[1.2] & [1.1.3] | Official Release of Kerbal Galaxy Revamped | [PROJECT SCRAPPED]

TheJangleMan

On ۱۳۹۵/۹/۵ ه‍.ش. at 7:05 AM, Smart Parts Wanter said:

Hello before installing this comprehensive mod i'd like to ask if the star systems have their own abmient lights?

For example if I enter the "Nim" star system, would the over all ambient light (at least the light on my spacecraft) in that area of influence be reddish? Since the Nim's sun itself is a red light illuminating dwarf?

If not, would I ever be able to alter a setting for adjusting that?

Yes, for some reason if you have scatterer, this mod will cause huge memory leak until your operating system freezes and game crash

2 minutes ago, Jiraiyah said:

Yes, for some reason if you have scatterer, this mod will cause huge memory leak until your operating system freezes and game crash

I have never used this mod but I assume either the sun was renamed or that kerbin was reparented around a new sun.  Either way,  scatterer cfgs have to be changed to reflect name change of the sun

Every time I set an orbit around a planet (using hyper-edit or the in-game orbit editor) the vessel is set at escape velocity and fly's off into space. I have tested on both stock and modded installs nothing seems to work I have updated all required mods as well any chance i could get some help.

Edited by Hans_Licktenstein

12 hours ago, Hans_Licktenstein said:

Every time I set an orbit around a planet (using hyper-edit or the in-game orbit editor) the vessel is set at escape velocity and fly's off into space. I have tested on both stock and modded installs nothing seems to work I have updated all required mods as well any chance i could get some help.

Thats always happened, right now you need to get there in a legit way

I am playing with far too many planet packs (find ~/Games/KerbalSpaceProgram/Logs/Kopernicus -name "*.Body.log" | wc -l gives me 232) and what I have noticed is that the SoI of Polaris is a bit too big. Any craft that is in the inner solar system and leaves the SoI of a planet, gets sucked into Polaris' SoI, which is 5,243,926,691 km. Compare that with the SoI of Interstellar Adventure Revived's Cervantes: 552,945,218 km.

When comparing the config files of the two stars, I couldn't help but noticing that Gamedata/IA_Revived/CervantesSystem/Cervantes/Cervantes.cfg contains a line sphereOfInfluence = 552945218330, while Gamedata/KerbalGalaxy/Polaris System/System.cfg contains no such line. Could this be the reason why Polaris is so overly attractive? I mean, I like the star, a lot, but not *that* much. I also noticed that none of the other Kerbal Galaxy stars have an explicit sphereOfInfluence.

Am I on to something here or am I talking complete gibberish? And if I am making sense, then my next question is if explicit sphereOfInfluence are available for all stars in the upcoming update of Kerbal Galaxy?

EDIT: I'm going to try something and give feedback.

Edited by Amedee

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

One question, @TheJangleMan:

How do I make it so that it's not blindingly bright 24/7? 

The stars are so darn bright that it's constantly blindingly bright on Kerbin. I tried increasing all of the stars' orbits with hyperedit, but it's still way too bright to see anything.

Is there any way to decrease the brightness of the stars?

Edited by Raptor22
Forgot some stuff

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi everyone. Because this mod has been abandoned and the devs haven't been around. I decided (together with my team), to take over Kerbal Galaxy . More news on dev and progress will follow soon. No worries, this mod won't be merged, but just revived.

Edited by StarCrusher96

Also just to let you know some of the planet textures in this mod were legally/illegally sourced from Robert Stein III's licensed collection of planet map works that require the mod owner to purchase a royalty free license of usage before they can include the textures within their mod: https://gumroad.com/duael

The following planet map textures I can see off the top of my head are:

KerbalGalaxy\Abbadon System\Icy -> Recoloured version of Robert Stein III's Planet Bog

KerbalGalaxy\Abbadon System\Icy -> Robert Stein III's Planet Jinx

KerbalGalaxy\Gargantua System\Mann's Planet -> Robert Stein III's Planet Klendathu

KerbalGalaxy\Osiris System\Ida -> Robert Stein III's Planet Hoth

KerbalGalaxy\Osiris System\Hoth -> Robert Stein III's Planet Dank

So there are potentially 5 violations here. Just thought I'd let you know, @StarCrusher96, as you'll be wanting to change them as to not violate Robert Stein III's usage rights.

Edited by Poodmund
Spelling

On 9/17/2018 at 12:25 AM, Poodmund said:

Also just to let you know some of the planet textures in this mod were legally/illegally sourced from Robert Stein III's licensed collection of planet map works that require the mod owner to purchase a royalty free license of usage before they can include the textures within their mod: https://gumroad.com/duael

The following planet map textures I can see off the top of my head are:

KerbalGalaxy\Abbadon System\Icy -> Recoloured version of Robert Stein III's Planet Bog

KerbalGalaxy\Abbadon System\Icy -> Robert Stein III's Planet Jinx

KerbalGalaxy\Gargantua System\Mann's Planet -> Robert Stein III's Planet Klendathu

KerbalGalaxy\Osiris System\Ida -> Robert Stein III's Planet Hoth

KerbalGalaxy\Osiris System\Hoth -> Robert Stein III's Planet Dank

So there are potentially 5 violations here. Just thought I'd let you know, @StarCrusher96, as you'll be wanting to change them as to not violate Robert Stein III's usage rights.

I'm aware of this and I'm buying the textures. Problem with this: other mods have been using these textures too.

Edited by StarCrusher96

3 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

I'm aware of this and I'm buying the textures. Problem with this: other mods have been using these textures too.

Then you should raise awareness of this issue in those other mod packs too so that the authors can either remove, change or purchase the licenses required to utilize this textures.

• 1 month later...
KSS devs will no longer work on KG (Kerbal Galaxy) revival. We drop the revival for a better focus on KSS. As the mod is open source, anyone can and is allowed to revive the mod. But be warned, it's a LOT to revive.
Edited by sumghai
Revert to standard forum post font size

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2018 at 9:12 AM, StarCrusher96 said:
KSS devs will no longer work on KG (Kerbal Galaxy) revival. We drop the revival for a better focus on KSS. As the mod is open source, anyone can and is allowed to revive the mod. But be warned, it's a LOT to revive.

I will now be taking the revival of Kerbal Galaxy into my own hands. Don't expect immediate results because I have my own personal things going on but this mod will be brought back.

Edited by sumghai
Revert to standard forum post font size

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.