Lucid Dreaming

mikeman7918

19 hours ago, cubinator said:

I managed, somehow, to get into a very vivid lucid state last night. So much so that, when I got out my front door, I hesitated and asked myself "What if this isn't a dream? I can feel the coldness of the doorknob, and the wind on my face. If this is real, then nothing good would come from me acting like it's a dream." And I went back inside, thinking "There's no way this is a dream." Then I woke up and thought "dammit." I need to figure out a reality check that works on realistic dreams.

I hear a good reality check is to try to recall the things you've done in the last ~1-2 hours. If you can't remember, you're probably in a dream, and should follow up with every other reality check you can think of. Pinching nose and trying to breathe through it, counting fingers on your hands. If any of these return "dream" it's 100% a dream, no doubt, welcome to lucid-land. Of course it should be used in conjunction with other reality checks, especially if your memory isn't so good.

...At least, in theory. I haven't actually succeeded with it, though if I had done the check at one point in my last dream I probably would of gotten lucid, I was very, very close, thinking "Wait a sec, I don't remember doing any of the things these people are saying I did. Oh well." Too bad, that should of been a dead giveaway.

Still trying to get lucid again, though no progress since the first time about a month ago.

22 minutes ago, Norpo said:

I hear a good reality check is to try to recall the things you've done in the last ~1-2 hours. If you can't remember, you're probably in a dream, and should follow up with every other reality check you can think of. Pinching nose and trying to breathe through it, counting fingers on your hands. If any of these return "dream" it's 100% a dream, no doubt, welcome to lucid-land. Of course it should be used in conjunction with other reality checks, especially if your memory isn't so good.

...At least, in theory. I haven't actually succeeded with it, though if I had done the check at one point in my last dream I probably would of gotten lucid, I was very, very close, thinking "Wait a sec, I don't remember doing any of the things these people are saying I did. Oh well." Too bad, that should of been a dead giveaway.

Still trying to get lucid again, though no progress since the first time about a month ago.

I really need to try that. I remember in that dream, I knew I was dreaming at first, and was certain of it until I got outside and felt the very real wind and the very real coldness of the doorknob. Beforehand, I had tried walking through a wall to go outside, to no avail. Next time, I'm sure I'll get it!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.