fast_de_la_speed

[1.0.5] PimpWheels v0.9.1.1 - Pimp Racing

Rim Expansion  

21 members have voted

  1. 1. Would you like rims on other wheels?

    • Yes, even the landing gear.
      14
    • Yes, but don't put it on the landing gear.
      5
    • No, just add more to the TR-2L.
      0
    • No, no more rims. I'm not rich enough.
      2


Recommended Posts

logo.png

FASTCORP is back, and it's back in style.

Last updated Feb. 16th, 2016.

FASTCORP proudly presents PimpWheels, a modified TR-2L with slick custom rims to show all your friends that you've got funds in the bank.

Using InterstellarMeshSwitch, there's a grand total of 16 different rims for tricking out your vehicles, all in one low-impact part! 

Click the spoiler to see the catalog.

Spoiler

wheels.png

(The Dollar rim is modeled after the one from GTA San Andreas)

wheelswap.gif

 

Are wheels not enough?

Want something else to show your friends you've got phat stacks? No problem! Just take out 100k from the bank, slap on your shades, and cruise downtown. :cool:

screenshot1.png

PimpWheels comes with a special KIS-only part, a stack of bills worth 100k, for you to show off with. Cha-ching! 

Glasses are from Locob's Pro Props mod.

 

Other Features

ModuleManager config for adding a KashCorp Racing Wheel with PimpWheels if you have Rovers n' Roadsters installed.

Download

This mod redistributes Sarbian's ModuleManager and FreeThinker's InterstellarFuelSwitch, and includes their respective licenses.

Download from Curse

Download from SpaceDock - The new KerbalStuff! They are just getting started. Help them out!

Known Issues

  • Wheels cannot break. This is due to the way Interstellar Fuel Switch works. (Well, they do have a broken model, but there's no rim when it breaks. It's best to make them invincible.)

Credits to Squad for the original TR-2L wheel.

License

CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0

Questions?

Feel free to PM me :)

Edited by fast_de_la_speed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the 5 star cyclone rims. Remind me of the stock rims off of a Honda CR-X Del Sol.

Pentagons look a bit like the BMW M-series rims.

 

Edited by GDJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spaceception said:

[vid]

Wow, thank you so much for taking the time to talk about my mod! :D I never imagined it to be this big.

 

This also gave me the chance to fix some errors. Names aren't ungodly long anymore and the Racing Wheel is now a little different. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fast_de_la_speed said:

Wow, thank you so much for taking the time to talk about my mod! :D I never imagined it to be this big.

 

This also gave me the chance to fix some errors. Names aren't ungodly long anymore and the Racing Wheel is now a little different. :)

Erm... I didn't make the video, someone else did :) But congrats anyway!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting mod! And I'm baffled by the fact there exists something like a mesh switch!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, noobsrtoast said:

ive got an idea if you care, make a grip setting, so we can drift it up

believe me, if I could do plugins I would most certainly try to do this. But, since I have absolutely no background in C# programming, it's not going to happen. Maybe when I take the time to learn, but even then I think putting it into KSP would be a tough job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, fast_de_la_speed said:

believe me, if I could do plugins I would most certainly try to do this. But, since I have absolutely no background in C# programming, it's not going to happen. Maybe when I take the time to learn, but even then I think putting it into KSP would be a tough job.

just thought i would throw the idea your way anyway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, @fast_de_la_speed, I downloaded your Mk1 RPM IVA, and it's pretty cool, but it seems to remove the docking station functionality from the original pod. If you click on the MFD that says "DOCKING MODE" on the stock IVA, it places you by the docking window in the rear of the pod. Any way to restore (and improve through RPM) that functionality?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@theonegalen I decided to remove the docking switch because RPM has support for DPAI, and docking port cameras (I'm pretty sure with a mod), so i assumed people wouldn't really need it. If you want it back, all you need to do is copy the two modules that contain DockingTrigger & DockingTrigger2 in the original internal to the mod internal. I think the navball could be in the way, but I'm not sure. Keep in mind that there's no RPM at that camera yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, fast_de_la_speed said:

@theonegalen I decided to remove the docking switch because RPM has support for DPAI, and docking port cameras (I'm pretty sure with a mod), so i assumed people wouldn't really need it. If you want it back, all you need to do is copy the two modules that contain DockingTrigger & DockingTrigger2 in the original internal to the mod internal. I think the navball could be in the way, but I'm not sure. Keep in mind that there's no RPM at that camera yet.

Trying that out now. Also, there's a problem with the internal.cfg file included with the download - the mmpatch.cfg file directs the game to use "mk1CockpitInternalRPM" but the internal.cfg file defines the internal as "mk1CockpitInternal" so the IVA doesn't load unless I change the name in the internal.cfg file.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello to all who view this thread! This mod is being discontinued. It was a fun, silly, should-exist-just-because mod. Thanks to all for enjoying it :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now