[1.3.1][Kopernicus] KASE v0.3 [26June2016]

KillAshley

btn_donate_LG.gif Help me stay motivated in my endeavors to create more interesting and diverse mods for KSP. Every little support helps!

What is KASE?

A complete re-work of the stock planets, KASE aims to bring out the native beauty of the stock worlds, without taking away from what made them great in the first place!

For a long time I have been completely disappointed by the stock planets, from negative terrain issues, barely functioning meshes, drab colors, sloppy ground textures, and ultra-low resolution scaledspace textures. I decided these things need to be fixed, and have been slowly working on them in secret for a while. With it currently in a stable state, I felt it was ready to release into the world.

Experience the stock planets in a new light!

Screenshots:

j2LAcJe.png

AcuOy8E.png

7BPux6L.png

weYwAXh.png

XNr296l.png

7EKpDQ9.png

cEVVHGf.png

71Sglfp.png

Download:

Download from Github

Dependency:

Kopernicus

Install Instructions:

Please ensure you delete ALL files from previous version when updating, or else serious issues can and will occur. A fresh KSP install is recommended if you are unsure what files need to be removed.

Simply Download the .zip file and merge the contents into your KSP game directory.

Planned Mod Support:

Scatterer

Known Bugs:

Hopefully none at the moment

Changelog:

v0.3
-Muted Mun to a greyer look (so no more complaints)
-Tweaked Jool's map
-Tweaked Duna's atmosphere gradient give it a "Mars" look

v0.2
-PQS brightness, & saturations levels tweaked
-PQSMaterials refitted to 1.1 types.
-Tweaked Moho to have a dull specular shine to imitate it's heat

v0.1
-Initial Release-

Credits:

Sarbian for maintaining ModuleManager

Kcreator for making KittopiaTech

Gravitasi for updating the Kopernicus/Kittopia plugins

BryceSchroeder, Teknoman117, Thomas.P and NathanKell for making & maintaining the Kopernicus plugin this mod relies on.

Thomas P (again) for all his amazing work and support

Sigma88 for his help when I got stuck

GregroxMun for his support and feedback in the dev stage

License:

zi0CCOwpXvwJLEj3O5hPCI485yAI_z0fbVI6PUDX6AaHZEkz2Fgpy89onurZxbV_FA0Yd_QUJ89Zod9Psc0Ux_yhns1c5lt1jfFHTbJsmarBIIkS3dfQr5yywHojfH5ZpZCjX8o

KASE by KillAshley is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Edited by KillAshley

29 minutes ago, Gaiiden said:

My guess for KASE:

Hidden Content

Added to my potential mods list for the reboot

Could do with some comparison images too

nope!

Yeah knew i forgot to do something, didn't upload the comparisons, they are in the OP now. Note that a lot of the work is also on the terrain itself, fixing a lot of issues and making the actual PQS better. I don't have any shot of that though as it's hard to show properly

8 hours ago, The White Guardian said:

This is bloody beautiful! I've been looking for something like this for a LOOONG time now! K.A.S.E, YOU'RE GOING INTO MY GAMEDATA FOLDER, RIGHT NOW! :D

What he said :D  jk.. have to wait for scatterer support :( 

Edited by sDaZe

On 18/2/2016 at 8:11 AM, sDaZe said:

What he said :D  jk.. have to wait for scatterer support :( 

Well stock scatterer works fine. Maybe one day in the future I'll tweak the cfgs of them a little to get them perfect, however these days I'm more interested in trying to make worlds as good as they can be for stock. I honestly have no interest in clouds and things anymore, and think my times probably best spent making the worlds appear as good as they can for everyone (including those that cant/dont run EVE, scatterer, etc.).

On 17/2/2016 at 11:36 PM, The White Guardian said:

This is bloody beautiful! I've been looking for something like this for a LOOONG time now! K.A.S.E, YOU'RE GOING INTO MY GAMEDATA FOLDER, RIGHT NOW! :D

thanks!

8 hours ago, Joco223 said:

@KillAshley I really like your mod! It's so awesome. But i have a problem. I don't know why, but when i install your mod, game is still running as before installing, but my game stutters every second or so

very odd, whats your memory usage like? what other mods do you have installed, and do you have the latest version of Kopernicus?

24 minutes ago, Joco223 said:

@KillAshley I only have a few graphical mods. I have windows shine, Ven's stock revamp, sigmas dimensions, distant object enhancements. Memory is about 2.1-2.2 GB while in flight 

What OS, and is it the latest kopernicus? (0.6.3)

I'll have a look hopefully in the morning anyway, see if i can figure out what could be the issue.

• 3 weeks later...

One thing that kinda bugged me about the current stock planets is that the Duna biome "Craters" is not a "real" biome, only appearing on the glitchy borders of the Pole biome, and not in any actual "craters". I think this pack might be the perfect place to include a fix to that (though a standalone fix might be useful too).

Edited by Spheniscine

3 hours ago, Spheniscine said:

One thing that kinda bugged me about the current stock planets is that the Duna biome "Craters" is not a "real" biome, only appearing on the glitchy borders of the Pole biome, and not in any actual "craters". I think this pack might be the perfect place to include a fix to that (though a standalone fix might be useful too).

yeah biomes is on the to-do list along with scatter science experiments and general tweaks, but i have a lot of current projects so no ETA of when it'll be addressed tbh

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm going to put in a request for GalacticNeighborhood compatibility:

As I noticed just then, KASE identifies itself as KAUL, which means GN loads up a system for itself:

@Kopernicus:FOR[KAUL]
{
	@Body[Sun]
	{
		@ScaledVersion
		{
			Light
			{
				sunlightShadowStrength = 1.0
			}
		}
	}
}

My request is that in order to have compatibility with GN, three changes need to be made:

@Kopernicus:AFTER[Kopernicus] //do whatever with this to make it load properly
{
	@Body[StockSun]
	{
		@ScaledVersion
		{
			@Light
			{
				@sunlightShadowStrength = 1.0
			}
		}
	}
}

so that:

• It loads without causing GN to load the Snu System
  • It edits StockSun, which is the Sun Kerbin orbits ingame
  • It edits Light, not adds a new node

Try to keep the original cfg, just use this as a basis for loading the system.

Edited by RA3236

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.