[1.3.1][Kopernicus] KASE v0.3 [26June2016]

KillAshley

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/04/2016 at 0:29 PM, jpinard said:

I love how this looks, but is there a reason you removed ice caps from Duna?  Maybe I'm weird, but I really loved those things. 

On 23/04/2016 at 1:54 PM, RA3236 said:

Mars has small ice caps i'm assuming.

i didnt remove them at all, in fact they are actually LARGER than they were before. However i removed the sharp transition between the white & red ground colors and made it a gradual blend

I very much like your improved versions of all these planets and moons... except for the Mun. As an analogue for Earth's moon, I really think the Mun should be various shades of grey, so it appears white from a distance but darker up close. The brown just isn't working for me.

Other than that one critique, everything else looks really great. Better than those old HD planet textures, even!

11 minutes ago, KillAshley said:

v0.2 is now available!

PQS brightness, & saturations levels tweaked
PQSMaterials refitted to 1.1 types.
Tweaked Moho to have a dull specular shine to imitate it's heat

Now just to download 1.1.2 :wink: 

On 01/05/2016 at 8:43 PM, White Owl said:

I very much like your improved versions of all these planets and moons... except for the Mun. As an analogue for Earth's moon, I really think the Mun should be various shades of grey, so it appears white from a distance but darker up close. The brown just isn't working for me.

Other than that one critique, everything else looks really great. Better than those old HD planet textures, even!

Im of a similar mind. If I want to retain the stock Mun, can I edit the .cfg files to omit changes to the Mun? How would I go about doing that?

On 01/05/2016 at 8:43 PM, White Owl said:

On 11/05/2016 at 3:19 PM, blu3wolf said:

Im of a similar mind. If I want to retain the stock Mun, can I edit the .cfg files to omit changes to the Mun? How would I go about doing that?

i guess i can tone it back a little...my idea was to originally inject a little color into it as in stock its so bland, but i guess i got a little carried away. When i get around to updating it ill tone Mun back

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Aw. I like brown Mun. The thing I don't like is how rough Minmus' surface looks up close. At least the 'lake bed' areas should be smooth imo.

On 11/05/2016 at 8:19 AM, blu3wolf said:

You can just delete the Mun.cfg and .dds files under KASE\KopernicusFiles\Kerbin.

On May 1, 2016 at 8:43 AM, White Owl said:

On June 26, 2016 at 10:24 AM, KillAshley said:

v0.3 is now live on Github!

v0.3
-Muted Mun to a greyer look (so no more complaints)
-Tweaked Jool's map
-Tweaked Duna's atmosphere gradient give it a "Mars" look

On July 13, 2016 at 2:36 PM, String Witch said:

Aw. I like brown Mun.

Can't please everyone :sticktongue:. No complaints here about kase. Great work!

On 2/13/2016 at 10:51 AM, McPoisoned said:

Damn, thoose Screenshots are pretty!

One question, is there any trouble using this with rbays eve (SVE to be precise)?

I know this question is a few months old, but I tried the combination today (KASE with SVE).  On Kerbin, at least, I had no issues.  As I get further along, I'll let you know if I find any problems.

Looks awesome, I must say!  (I'll grab some screenshots later.  Only fired up long enough to test.)

On 19/07/2016 at 5:01 AM, Luka 999 said:

Does this mod take a lot of memory and gpu preformance to run? I have 8gb and a gtx 750 ti ftw.

only a little more memory than stock tbh, you should be fine running it :wink:

13 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

@KillAshley

This happens with v03 (didn't happen in v02). Pretty minor, as the planets look like they should. It's specific to KASE. Only other planet pack installed is OPM.

I looked at all the KASE entries in the log, and nothing jumped out at me.

Linux x64

Log

Cheers.

Th2mm6t.png

i remember this being an old linux bug with kopernicus ill check

[17:34] <KillAshley|SEMI> Thomas: is there still a linux bug with kopernicus making planets yellow and striped?
[17:35] <Thomas> Yes, if you screw up your graphics drivers because open source pedant or sth. like that :P

there we go :P don't know about any fixes, maybe try asking in the kopernicus thread about it

5 hours ago, KillAshley said:

Thanks. I have to have some higher resolution textures because I'm playing in a 4x system and the textures are even more messed up.

9 hours ago, KillAshley said:

i remember this being an old linux bug with kopernicus ill check

[17:34] <KillAshley|SEMI> Thomas: is there still a linux bug with kopernicus making planets yellow and striped?
[17:35] <Thomas> Yes, if you screw up your graphics drivers because open source pedant or sth. like that :P

there we go :P don't know about any fixes, maybe try asking in the kopernicus thread about it

not entirely sure what that means, but good to know it's at least known.

Thanks.

44 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

not entirely sure what that means, but good to know it's at least known.

Thanks.

iirc it means you have to update the drivers for your computer's GPU or Graphics Card, or that they are installed incorrectly. Still, your computer's GPU seems to be the problem.

42 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

iirc it means you have to update the drivers for your computer's GPU or Graphics Card, or that they are installed incorrectly. Still, your computer's GPU seems to be the problem.

hmmm, thought they were the latest, but there have also been number of rumblings that they might have been installed incorrectly.

Thanks.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.