Audio parameters for custom engine sounds

I have some experience in audio engineering and I have made a few custom engine sounds, but the sounds doesn't sound the same when using them in the game. I've tried figuring out what the different parameters does, but I'm not coding wizz so I don't really know which parameter does what. What basically seems to happen is that the engine sounds are being played at twice the speed compared to the original sound files.

Is there a "standard" way of setting up these parameters in order to have the game play the sounds like whey were originally made? If someone can explain each parameter in a simple way, I would be very appreciative.

To clarify, I'm talking about this section:

AUDIO
    {
      channel = Ship
      clip = foldername/sounds/filename
      volume = 0.0 0.0
      volume = 0.0 0.0
      pitch = 0.0 0.0
      pitch = 0.0 0.0
      loop = true
    }

Yep, a very "default" way would be to configure it like this:

AUDIO
			{
				channel = Ship
				clip = path/to/file
				volume = 0.0 0.0
				volume = 1.0 1.0
				pitch = 0.0 0.2
				pitch = 1.0 1.0
				loop = true
			}

Each of those volume and pitch settings work like this: The first number is the throttle setting, and the second is the volume or pitch on a scale from 0 to 1 that corresponds to that throttle setting. KSP will extrapolate to figure out the numbers in between based on those. So in the example above, if the engine is running at say 1% throttle, you'll get 1% volume and just a hair over 20% pitch (playback speed). If you want the pitch to always be the same, you can set them equal to each other. You can also go over 1.0 for the pitch if you want it to play faster than recorded.

6 hours ago, NecroBones said:

Yep, a very "default" way would be to configure it like this:

AUDIO
			{
				channel = Ship
				clip = path/to/file
				volume = 0.0 0.0
				volume = 1.0 1.0
				pitch = 0.0 0.2
				pitch = 1.0 1.0
				loop = true
			}

Each of those volume and pitch settings work like this: The first number is the throttle setting, and the second is the volume or pitch on a scale from 0 to 1 that corresponds to that throttle setting. KSP will extrapolate to figure out the numbers in between based on those. So in the example above, if the engine is running at say 1% throttle, you'll get 1% volume and just a hair over 20% pitch (playback speed). If you want the pitch to always be the same, you can set them equal to each other. You can also go over 1.0 for the pitch if you want it to play faster than recorded.

Oh right, that makes a lot more sence than what I was doing. I just tried the "default" settings you recommended above and the engine sounds sound normal now. Thank you for helping :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.