Would swapping these mods screw up my save game?

Well you might have found this out by now but the best place to ask this might be the respective mod threads.
I am no modder an I don't know about antenna range as a mod but what I can give you is this.

BEFORE you try switching mods ALWAYS backup your save file. I have had many saves die due to stuff like this :/
1. Does Antenna Range have any seperate mod parts?
     If so removing it will make KSP delete your sattelites on loading your save however it shouldn't break the save itself.
2. Assuming the answer to 1. is no let's go on. What are the ranges of the stock antennae wiht Antenna Range and what are the corresponding ranges for Remote Tech?
     If the ranges are bigger than with Remote Tech there might be a problem, depending on how close to the limits your relay sats are. If the ranges are however smaller than with remote tech everything should be fine.

Edit: If the answer to 1. is yes but you still want Remote Tech you might want to check out HyperEdit as a means of quickly rebuilding your sat network since you already went to all the trouble of putting it up in the first place.

Edited by TheXRuler

10 hours ago, UndyingWar said:

I'd like to replace the AntennaRange mod with the RemoteTech mod. Will this screw up my career mode game? Would I have to replace all of my current satellites? Would there be any unwanted side effects? Thanks in advance

Um, yes, this would TOTALLY screw up your game.  Don't do it.  If you want to play with RT, start a new game using it from the get-go.

AR doesn't require a network anywhere near as comprehensive as RT.  Further, relay satellites in AR don't need anywhere near as many antennae.  So if you've got the bare-bones network needed for AR, it will be completely inadequate for RT, both in terms of number of satellites and the number of antennae on those satellites.

6 minutes ago, Geschosskopf said:

Um, yes, this would TOTALLY screw up your game.  Don't do it.  If you want to play with RT, start a new game using it from the get-go.

AR doesn't require a network anywhere near as comprehensive as RT.  Further, relay satellites in AR don't need anywhere near as many antennae.  So if you've got the bare-bones network needed for AR, it will be completely inadequate for RT, both in terms of number of satellites and the number of antennae on those satellites.

Basically, I like AR because it's simple, and makes it so there is a range for all of the antennas. But what I don't like is how my duna rover is sending data straight back to kerbin (very slowly) when, what I want it to do, is send the data to my Duna Satellite, which would then send it back to Kerbin. Do you have any idea how to accomplish this? I also want to be able to send data to my space station.

15 minutes ago, UndyingWar said:

Basically, I like AR because it's simple, and makes it so there is a range for all of the antennas. But what I don't like is how my duna rover is sending data straight back to kerbin (very slowly) when, what I want it to do, is send the data to my Duna Satellite, which would then send it back to Kerbin. Do you have any idea how to accomplish this? I also want to be able to send data to my space station.

That happens automatically with AR. Unless you have a Communotron 88 on your rover for some reason of course, instead of the more sensible short range whip antenna. No reason to send it to the satellite when you are in range of Kerbin yourself

7 minutes ago, Sir_Robert said:

That happens automatically with AR. Unless you have a Communotron 88 on your rover for some reason of course, instead of the more sensible short range whip antenna. No reason to send it to the satellite when you are in range of Kerbin yourself

But the connection between my rover and Kerbin is a yellow line. My Duna Satellite has a green connection line with Kerbin for some reason, even though they use the same antenna. I don't really understand this. Does the atmosphere affect the transmissions?

EDIT: Also, do you know any way to transmit data from Duna, to my Kerbin Space Station? I want my station to research the Duna data, if at all possible.

Edited by UndyingWar

2 minutes ago, UndyingWar said:

But the connection between my rover and Kerbin is a yellow line. My Duna Satellite has a green connection line with Kerbin for some reason, even though they use the same antenna. I don't really understand this. Does the atmosphere affect the transmissions?

EDIT: Also, do you know any way to transmit data from Duna, to my Kerbin Space Station? I want my station to research the Duna data, if at all possible.

No, you can't transmit data to different stations. You can only use those stations/satellites as relays. But the data will always end up in Kerbin. The only way to get experiment data to a mobile processing lab is to physically deliver it

The yellow line is not a question to ask here. Go to the mod thread for that

1 minute ago, UndyingWar said:

Well, you can't transmit data to a science lab---all transmissions go back to Kerbin.  This is true in stock, AR, and RT, the only difference being the latter need relays.  The only way to get data into a lab is for an EVA Kerbal to physically carry the un-transmitted experimental results into the lab.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.