S P L I N T E R - Advanced VTOL Transport

Craft File: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7y8taoffl62rqb4/AVT-10%20Splinter.craft?dl=0

(NOTE: This comes in a drydock setup with no launch vehicle; I'll eventually try and make one, but for now I'd say your best bet is to either put it in a fairing atop a tall rocket and/or hyperedit it to the planet of your choosing.)

Controls:
1- Toggles engines on/off
G- Landing Gear
Piloting at surface-level is done via the horizontal view (via the internal crew seating or probe core), while in-space piloting is done via the top-mounted docking port for a vertical view inline with the CoT.

Supplementary Information:
-This craft is partcount-heavy for a small dropship, so beware if your computer isn't capable of handling a 200 parts-or-so craft.
-Crew can only be loaded/removed by placing them inside the chairs in the internal "roll cage" cockpit in the center of the hull. To do so, get your kerbal either on top of or under the hull, clip your camera inside, and then place them into the chair by right-clicking on the seat and selecting the menu option to do so.

Powered by twin LV-909 rocket engines, the AVT-10 Splinter is a reliable, aesthetically pleasing, and Safe!tm VTOL dropship capable of transporting up to 2 kerbals in style at high speeds on airless worlds (and Duna).

9Qx6NkQ.png

With a proper transfer vessel to haul it around, the Splinter is capable of flying on a variety of worlds, provided they aren't Kerbin, Eve, Tylo, or Laythe (high gravity and/or oxygenated air and the Splinter do not mix).

f9CGFxR.png
d0O8Ygb.png

A robust design with a high degree of crew survivability means your crew can walk away from even the worst high-speed crash-landings in the Splinter unharmed!

vfz5y6Q.png

Enjoy, and let me know what you think of the Splinter! :)

-ScriptKitt3h

Edited by ScriptKitt3h

17 hours ago, quasarrgames said:

Reminds me of that ship that got shot down from district 9. Cool!

You shoudl see my really old AKS frigate, it was a near identical copy of that ship (minus a few hull details and no vtol but the engines set to forward thrust).

This makes me so tempted to rebuild this.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.