Kerbal Stuff Closed to the public

Rigel Agar

11 minutes ago, Umlüx said:

ckan gets most of its files from kerbalstuff. so until all the mod devs find alternative hosting sites and ckan updates, it won't really work well.

Is even worse. Thanks to KerbalStuff api ckan files were generated mostly automatically. It's still possible if authors will host their mods via Github releases but Curse only mods have to be updated manually.

Edit: There is torrent at Kerbalstuff site with all mods. Who wants 60gb of mods?

Edited by TeddyDD

1 minute ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Thread isn't about hating Squad, it's about KerbalStuff closing down. 

I'm curious.

Do you receive notifications every time the word SQUAD is mentioned?

But yes, truly a loss to the KSP community. But, I guess that's a very bold statement on not liking CKAN or something.

Edited by BloodDusk

8 minutes ago, Potatto said:

Today I saw this on main page of KerbalStuff

39HsEMs.jpg

Where will we get those glorious mods? How can we live without KerbalStuff? What dangers await us?

Let's cry together brothers...

Rest In Pepperoni KerbalStuff...

All best for  Sir Cmpwn, and shame on Squad. Oh dear world, those hungry wolfs from marketing transform any company/game in a dirty business...

Well...shoot.

Not good for the community, and ultimately not good for Squad either. We've already had Mediafire banned and any of the other one-click hosters could get subject to a similar ban any time. Nobody likes Curse. From a user's point of view, downloading mod releases off Github seems to be a nuisance usually.

1 minute ago, cantab said:

Well...shoot.

Not good for the community, and ultimately not good for Squad either. We've already had Mediafire banned and any of the other one-click hosters could get subject to a similar ban any time. Nobody likes Curse. From a user's point of view, downloading mod releases off Github seems to be a nuisance usually.

What would you expect from a marketing company?

For what it's worth I never had any major problems using Kerbalstuff. The downloads weren't fast but they always came, not many mods I got were big enough for the speed to matter anyway, and it was a way better experience than the one-click hosters. And the only bug I ever had was with subscribing to email alerts.

The only time I had any issues with KerbalStuff was when the site was down. Other than that, I could get the mods I was looking for faster and easier than some OTHER noted sites with tons of unnecessary info and 5 different buttons to do the exact same thing but with different levels of commitment attached to them.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.