Kerbal Stuff Closed to the public

Rigel Agar

Well, if they put in a donate option, I would recommend everybody pitching in a buck or two.

IRREGARDLESS of the emotional status or who is to blame, it takes money to keep a site up.  That's the long-and-short of it.

5 minutes ago, BloodDusk said:

That's certainly great. Now we can have our ideal mod hosting place again.

Ads, ads and more ads, as well as a confusing interface that seems rigged in such a way to force you to commit yourself to a privacy violation. Plus, ads slow the site down, which is a big no no with people that have capped internet plans. A few modders also complained abut how Curse is slow and not user friendly.

If you got capped internet, then you're supposed to use adblock on every site you don't want to specifically support in the first place.

As for taking time, what are you talking about? Please open that curseforge link, taken from the fine porkalike rapier mod, and tell me how long you took to download it.

http://kerbal.curseforge.com/projects/porkalike-rapier

Hint: There is a big, conspicious download button on the upper right.

2 minutes ago, Temeter said:

If you got capped internet, then you're supposed to use adblock on every site you don't want to specifically support in the first place.

As for taking time, what are you talking about? Please open that curseforge link, taken from the fine porkalike rapier mod, and tell me how long you took to download it.

I was talking about Curse, not Curseforge. Pay attention.

4 minutes ago, Temeter said:

Your support for Curse is oddly suspicious. Oh well you know what they say "red under the bed; blue behind the loo."

Edited by Eskandare

28 minutes ago, technicalfool said:

All the places you were able to get mods before KerbalStuff went pop. Github, dropbox, mod authors' own servers... there were very, very few people who exclusively hosted on KerbalStuff (or Curse, come to think of it), and I'm hoping they are realising their rather drastic mistake about now.

Rather drastic mistake... man KS offered api too (it was a KSP only mod site). This is something useful for a modder, which usually IS a developer. Dropbox has space limitation, you should know that (it's a general hosting site). Only alternative should have been GitHub, but it's not the perfect place to showcase you mod (it's a developer collaboration repos)

And... again this Curse stuff (it's a site living on free user generated content)? Tons of Ad and paying service for free mods? It seems really unfair to me.

I don't want to be rude, I know that as a moderator, you have to keep certain "profile", but you cannot compare the quality of these product, KS goal was ONLY dedicated to KSP mods, without even having something back for it.

1 minute ago, Eskandare said:

Your support for Curse is oddly suspicious. Oh well you know what they say "red under the bed; blue behind the loo."

Maybe he works for Curse. Much like that lovely incident at KVR, where an employer of Arturia, using another alias, started bad mouthing the products of GForce Software until the owner of GForce pointed what was happening.

2 minutes ago, BloodDusk said:

I was talking about Curse, not Curseforge. Pay attention.

Maybe you should actually try the stuff you're talking about?

http://www.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/220213-taurus-hcv-3-75-m-csm-system

Oh look: One klick and three seconds wait. So hard.

1 minute ago, Eskandare said:

Your support for Curse is oddly suspicious. Oh well you know what they say "red under the bed, blue behind the loo."

Stop it, you're trying harder to be clever than you're capable of.

Don't throw the towel in on KerbalStuff quite yet.  I am willing to support some of the monetary costs of hosting and maintaining KerbalStuff.  Are there no other community members willing to do the same?  Put your money where your mouth is.  If you really do appreciate KerbalStuff you should be willing to support the maintenance of it.

Edited by Probus

Just now, Probus said:

Don't throw the towel in on KerbalStuff quite yet.  I am willing to support some of the monetary costs of hosting and maintaining KerbalStuff.  Are there no other community members willing to do the same?  Put your money where your mouth is.  If you really do appreciate KerbalStuff you should be willing to support the maintenance of it.

I would, but I lack the financial facilities atm.

12 minutes ago, Temeter said:

Maybe you should actually try the stuff you're talking about?

http://www.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/220213-taurus-hcv-3-75-m-csm-system

Oh look: One klick and three seconds wait. So hard.

Stop it, you're trying harder to be clever than you're capable of.

Oh look: One click an 70% of the page are ADs on a free mod!

Z4MDZUa.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.