[WIP] PaintJob!

Potatto

Hello everyone. I just started working on my first (serious) mod.

What it does you ask? It adds an ability to swip-swap between textures (actually firespitter's plugin adds this ability and I just use it) on certain parts aka change painjob. Well as I said I just started working on this mod and all I've done is learn how to use this scripts and some textures. I already have texture ideas but mainly for command pods and probes.

I want to ask you - Which parts to include in my mod? Which painjobs will they recieve? Just write here everything you come up with. I'll see if it's a good idea or not :) (You can suggest your own textures as well. I'll give you proper credits if add them)

Here some screenshots

Spoiler

ZCeAJsb.jpg

IaHq3Zv.jpg

Requires:

Firesitter Plugin

Module Manager

Download (if you want to try it) - Dropbox (Probe Update)

Big thanks to:

Snjo for his Firespitter (with plugins)

ialdabaoth & sarbian for Module Manager

License - CC BY-NC-SA 4.0

P.S. Yes I like formatting :D

Edited by Potatto

26 minutes ago, Benji said:

The white MK1 Pod is beuatiful.

Completely agree with Benji.

It would be nice to have parts with the 'beaten up' and scratched looked made to look new.  Given that some of them were find on the side of the road, they must have come from somewhere!

Peace.

Will the craft load Ok in stock?

It actually changes textures not paints using a shader right?

Is it easy to add to?

Can we add our own textures?

I've just spent a lot of time on KerbPaint, mainly because painting can add an extra element, but also because it does not effect the stock craft, I think you could integrate KerbPaint like functionality into this probably.

On 19.02.2016 at 5:30 AM, selfish_meme said:

Will the craft load Ok in stock?

It actually changes textures not paints using a shader right?

Is it easy to add to?

Can we add our own textures?

I've just spent a lot of time on KerbPaint, mainly because painting can add an extra element, but also because it does not effect the stock craft, I think you could integrate KerbPaint like functionality into this probably.

Sorry for hold up :c

It changes part's texture by using Firespitter's FSTextureSwitch2 module.

For stock texture it actually uses Squad's stock texture from their directory so It doesn't conflict with any loaded stock craft.

It's pretty easy to add new textures. You will guess how to do it if you open any .cfg file or read Firespitter's manual here (You can always edit and add textures for your own use or suggest me ones to include in the main mod)

I never actually heard about KerbPaint... I'll check it now :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.