Squad - think about who made you who you are

Jeb Jawkins

Just got across the latest news concerning kerbalstuff.com

Theres a long text on the side now decribing it has been shot down. I encourage everybody to read through and get an own opinion. 

I totally agree to what's written there. But that's my point of view. KSP is one of the greatest games ever made. But to me Squad has lost contact to reality and community. It is us everybody who's playing why this game is what it is right now. Tho guys who do the mods and the guys who give feedback. Basically Squads only providing the source code. The get rich and others do the work - putting a lot of time and effort into creating and playing. 

I would like you, SQUAD, to make up your f... minds and support the ones who made you great. The community. 

Over the years I've seen several games going down because the developers let the community down. Don't make the same mistakes. 

-----

Sorry for adding my reply here, but the thread is locked and I see no reasons to bump it. -Kasper

I'd like to refer to two posts:

Edited by KasperVld
Added a reply.

i think you are exaggerating a little bit here.

KS was great but had nothing to do with squad. they don't have to endorse or support it. they let us mod their game (which is not a given in any stretch of the imagination) and decided to make a deal with cursegaming. they have that right to do what they think is best for their company.
and did you even read the whole text? we as a community are to blame at least the same amount as we didn't show SirCmpwn nearly enough that we cared for his hard work.

Edited by Umlüx

2 minutes ago, Umlüx said:

i think you are exaggerating a little bit here.

KS was great but had nothing to do with squad. they don't have to endorse or support it. they let us mod their game (which is not a given in any stretch of the imagination) and decided to make a deal with cursegaming. they have that right to do what they think is best for their company.
and did you even read the whole text? we as a community are to blame at least the same amount as we didn't show SirCmpwn nearly enough that we cared for his hard work.

Well, apparently hosting 70% of all the mods in the site is not enough to prove that people were using the thing? 

Needless to say, a game deserves the community it created.

Just now, ThePULSAR said:

Lets hope KasperVid,Maxamps or HarvesterR notice this post 

Nah, that doesn't make them any money.

Squad take note, in the eyes of the community you own the KerbalStuff problem.  Kerbal is a great game, made even better by a community which contributed to your success directly.  I don't see myself going forward and recommending KSP if a solution to this is not found.

Edited by DocUrlaub

So, how many mods did YOU create to make KSP the thing it is?

Tbh, from the posts it kinda just looks like some anger about not getting free mods cause a site is down for a short time.

Edited by Temeter

1 minute ago, BloodDusk said:

Well, apparently hosting 70% of all the mods in the site is not enough to prove that people were using the thing? 

You (and a couple of others) keep using this figure. Primarily because 71% of CKAN downloads (which make up nowhere near all mod downloads) are hosted with Kerbalstuff. Or were. Basically, it's the wrong figure.

In any case, I reckon most of those mods will be on Github or similar within 48 hours, the CKAN-META files will be updated, and you can carry on as usual.

Sorry guys but last I looked the guy who made KSP what it is is HarvesteR.

Modders have done wondrous things for this game, that is true, and they have made their works available via Dropbox, Github, Googledrive, Spaceport, Curse, KerbalStuff and others.

Currently Squad has ensured that there is a mod host available via Curse.

Modders are free to use Curse, or use any other site, unfortunately in this case one of the sites that players used for mods has been shut down by its owner.

Closing as we have enough of these now.