KSP Performance Changes/ Memory Limit Increased

Table

1 hour ago, Table said:

Can anyone tell me if the devs are going to increase the KSP memory limit, or something? Because I'm really sick of my game crashing and being frozen all the time.

It isn't/will not have been Squads memory limit to do anything about. It is entirely due to the version you're using being based on 32-bit Unity 4.x.

You can find the dev team's blog at http://kerbaldevteam.tumblr.com/

Check there for Tuesday posts that talk about what they're working on.

Its honestly worth while going the linux mint route..as a strict windows user in the past I had a broken pc with no legit windows.. I got ubuntu then moved to linux mint then elementryOS.. 

The reason was KSP..

Now windows10s infected my pc Im going to do it again this weekend..

Its worth it even if dual booting for KSP

Edit: KSP stopped crashing when I went to windows 10 64 bit as well

Edited by Overland

@Table as a good 'stopgap' solution before 1.1 comes, have a look at "Dynamic Texture Loader"

I run it with forced OpenGL mode, on a heavily part modded ksp and it saves me 200mb on start. The dynamic texture loading also works well when doing lots of building and test launches. Without it ksp process would hit 3gb within 1.5 hours, with it it gave me 3+ hours.

10 hours ago, Gkirmathal said:

@Table as a good 'stopgap' solution before 1.1 comes, have a look at "Dynamic Texture Loader"

I run it with forced OpenGL mode, on a heavily part modded ksp and it saves me 200mb on start. The dynamic texture loading also works well when doing lots of building and test launches. Without it ksp process would hit 3gb within 1.5 hours, with it it gave me 3+ hours.

Hmm I'll take a look at that. Anyways thanks for letting know about that.

Cheers,

Table

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.