Destroy a Space Mission

Clockwork13

In this forum game, your goal is to destroy the space mission of the user above you. It works by user 1 posting an imaginary mission that they are "working on", or a mission that they actually are working on in their game, then user 2 would ruin that mission.

Example:

User 1: I am launching a space station into orbit around Minmus

User 2: You forgot docking ports and solar panels.

So, I'll start.

I am creating a base on Minmus.

You spend so much time on the creation of the base that you forget to attach the rocket to the whole complex, thus completely flushing the mission down the toilet.

(An actual mission I did in the first stages of RO) 

I send up an orbiter, with two people, attached to a small hab. The goal of the mission is to experiment with long-term staying in space. During the mission, the crew would also be performing tasks, such as docking (for testing the orbiter's docking capabilities), orbital manoeuvring, and long EVAs. After a week in space, the orbiter will undock and deorbit, landing at the Kennedy Space Center. The orbital hab will be left in orbit as a base for a future space station.

Edited by Matuchkin

In order to save money, you cut down on weight. In your haste, one of the engineers forgets to finish screwing in a vital panel before launch. During the ascent, the panel shakes, allowing air in. the disrupted airflow causes the rocket to spin uncontrollably. The two inside eject the pod and activate the chutes but the pod is whacked by the still active stage, killing all on board.

The mission is a month long mars return trip, for six people, Including Pilots, Computer Geniuses, Doctors, and a man who is Botanist-Cool!

Edited by Andem
Misspelligns

2 hours ago, Andem said:

In order to save money, you cut down on weight. In your haste, one of the engineers forgets to finish screwing in a vital panel before launch. During the ascent, the panel shakes, allowing air in. the disrupted airflow causes the rocket to spin uncontrollably. The two inside eject the pod and activate the chutes but the pod is whacked by the still active stage, killing all on board.

The mission is a month long mars return trip, for six people, Including Pilots, Computer Geniuses, Doctors, and a man who is Botanist-Cool!

A dust storm engulfs the planet and everyone except for the botanist is evacuated safely

i send 5 people onto a one way trip to the moon to build a permanent moon base

Edited by Clockwork13

You miscalculate the Delta-V, meaning the spacecraft instead swings around the Mun/Moon and returns to Kerbin/Earth, as you did not have enough delta-v to get into orbit.

I send 3 Kerbals on a fly-by of Eve, along with some satellites for them to deploy in Eve orbit.

They run out of Monoprpellant and are unable to manuever. Jeb takes the controls, and tries to use a non-gimbaling engine to turn the vessel around. Unfortnately, Jeb's "Maneuvering" wastes most of the fuel required to get out of eve orbit. the ship falls into the atmosphere and breaks apart on reentry.

A two man crew on a minmus mission, about to enjoy the Ice cream surface...

Oh right, solar panels barely work that far away. And the pencil pushers thought RTGs weren't worth the money! Ha! Proved them wrong!

Its a long-range ballistic missile attacking an adjacent country. Its goal is to explode. If it doesn't explode or explodes home turf we can claim it as a sabotage by western powers and start a war to kickstart our economy. YAY!

But you confused a trash can lid with a proper heat shield, the ship burned up in the upper atmosphere of duna.

I'm sending a rainbow-colored ship stuffed with unicorns to Laythe, in order to lighten up the mood of Jeb, who I haven't recovered yet.

Edited by BlueSubstance

You over calculated the deltaV and the orbits all together now you have something heading to  ther Kerbol Escape

I am launching a rocket to go up 500M and land near KSC

23 hours ago, Matuchkin said:

Jeb sees the unicorns and wonders why that ship wasn't made to save him. He starts thinking that you are merely fooling with him, loses hope, and drowns himself.

I send Major Tom to perform a night-flight to Venus on a rocket I found in my pocket.

The tin can exploded after a fart

9 hours ago, Matuchkin said:

I really do hope my references are understood. I am constantly taking risks of looking like an imbecile.

He said tin can, and yes the vast majority of us should understand it.

On-topic, you forgot to put a probe core on. Or a capsule.

4 hours ago, legoclone09 said:

He said tin can, and yes the vast majority of us should understand it.

On-topic, you forgot to put a probe core on. Or a capsule.

You forgot to design a rocket. In despair, the interns made one of their own. This is part of why the VAB isn't there.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.