Destroy a Space Mission

Clockwork13

The expense of the super ship mission to Dres coupled with the blandness of that gray golf ball in space (it's actually a mop), destroys your space agency's reputation and everything gets shut down! They were all mad when they found out it's just a mop.

I try to pick up where max-creative's mission got carried off, I launch an annihilation mission to Dres. I told everyone on the planet it'd be a good way to get rid of all the nukes.

You hit the Mün, because Dres doesn't actually exist. The Mün then fragments, some lumps spiraling inwards towards Kerbin, and others bombarding Minmus. And all for the hatred of a (dwarf) planet that doesn't exist...
You monster.

My friend strands a dozen kerbals on Mün, so I launch a rescue mission.

You successfully rescue them of the surface, and complete a burn for re-entry after checking on your Duna Base. You then switch back to the rescue mission...and see you forgot the heat shield and you already decoupled the transfer stage.

I become a SINTAX ERROR DETECTED. DESTROYING ALL SOFTWARE IN 3...3..32333311223121312212EM EGNEVA................................... . . . . .. ... . . . .                 .    .

Edited by TopHeavy11

The [my choice of indestructible material] gets destroyed before reaching orbit. You sue the manufacturer for false advertising.

I send a mission to plant a special tree seed on Laythe cuz the public relations people think it'll be sweet and significant and meaningful and stuff.

The tree dies because why would you expect a tree to grow in that sandy, briny, freezing regolith? To say nothing of the radiation and the (probable) chlorine?

I send a mission to planet a flag on a plant.

The mission fails cuz how do you planet a flag on a plant?

Public relations went south when our tree died, reputation plummeted, so we hatched a plan to build a little biodome on Laythe, so we can plant our damn tree.

Edited by EliasDanger

You ridiculously underestimated the size of Kerbin, and your spaceship burns up in the atmosphere.

Using the money from the Indestructible materials inc. sue, I send an Adamantium box with magic propulsion to LKO.

Edited by icantmakemodels

Magic propulsion works by shooting top hats with secret compartments out the back of the ship using an air cannon, which doesn't work in space and doesn't go very far anyways.

I try to play soccer on Duna.

The Ball ends up getting lodged in the Ascent Vehicle's Engine Bell, which when ignited fro liftoff, promptly explodes.

I send a small probe flotilla to Makemake's new moon, S/2015 (136472) 1 aka MK 2.

You try to send it with only the most efficient engines, nuclear engines, and so you craft utterly fails to lift itself out of Eve's gravity well and will stay there until the end of time itself.

I'm launching a 64-kerbal station to go to Jool.

Failure because you forgot to install the planet pack. And because you weren't in the Solar system to begin with.

I launch a single-stage-to-everywhere vessel, with mining and scanning capabilities, and send it to Pota--er, I mean Dres.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.