Destroy a Space Mission

Clockwork13

40 minutes ago, 53miner53 said:

The rescue mission crash lands and loses its engine. And only it's engine.

i launch a rescue mission to rescue the rescue mission. And Burberry, of course.

The rescue mission safely lands and rescues Burberry. Burberry then takes over the controls and crashes it into the side of a mountain.

While the spacecraft's in orbit, the solar eclipse happens, and the Flat Earther takes this to be an omen that he is about to go sane so he blows himself out of the airlock. Of course, that may be considered a success.

I use a rover to drive from the runway to the Astronaut Complex. This, of course, takes much longer than flying to the Mun. But tell me, what can go wrong?

The previous poster's spaceship with a "Flat Earther" (Flat Kerbiner?) can't reach the orbit because the Planet is flat, falls down on the Astronaut Complex and crashes it.
Your journey is now endless.

A shockwave throws a Kerbal to orbit.

Ten years later you've realized that Minmas is a moon in another star system, and you should input Minmus calculating your flightplan.
So, you had done a wrong turn and now need 30 years more to return back with ion engines.

Sending a rescue mission to you. They are powered with a solar sail.

Unfortunately the solar sail rig was set loose due to a micrometeoroid impact. The sail is now tangled and projected to arrive a century later of the rendezvous time.

I shoot a laser to read the rotation speed of a close-passing asteroid, to determine was it the culprit of the meteoroid impact.

Edited by YNM

It wasn't an asteroid. It was an extraterrestrial spaceship sent to us to evacuate the Earth before a catastrophic Sun plasma eruption.

They consider your laser shot as an attack and retire.

A cloud of hot plasma starts moving towards the Earth.

• 10 months later...

The gravitational disturbances on Kerbin leads to widespread death and destruction. And yes, KSC is also destroyed.

I send a Krewed Interstellar mission, powered by Karborundum that I mined on Eeloo.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.