Destroy a Space Mission

Clockwork13

the tourists "accidentally" hit the stage button 60 seconds after launch. They all survive, but the crew do not...

Jool - 5 with an SSTA and an externally launched Tylo lander that is pushed to Tylo by the SSTA. (I actually did this mission some time ago)

1 hour ago, Maria Sirona said:

That's not a mission, therefore you have failed at missioning

I send a spaceprobe to study the Sun

You forget to deploy the solar panels before timewarping. 

Linus sends a rover to Duna to get an exotic sandwich

2 hours ago, Singhnaut said:

Linus sends a rover to Duna to get an exotic sandwich

First, you forgot to put a probe core on the rover, so you need Kerbals on this mission.  Of course, the Kerbals are all incompetent and cannot drive the rover, especially when you gave it no steering controls.  Oh, they can go in a straight line, but the deli is to your right.  Speaking of the deli, it's closed right now for repairs.  It is scheduled to open in a few months once the repairs are done, so you can sit and wait outside the door for a while to get the sandwich.  Oh, what kind of sandwich did you want?  Yeah, fresh out of the ingredients for that.

I have a probe with a scanner on it that I'll be sending to Duna and Gilly to map the terrain for ore deposits.  It is currently connected to my orbiting space station at 150km above Kerbin, and will be docking with Mars II shortly.

You realized that Gilly is an Eve moon. Too late, you are at the Dune now.

1 hour ago, Maria Sirona said:
2 hours ago, Singhnaut said:

You forget to deploy the solar panels before timewarping

Everybody is giving me lazy answers }:(

It's from mercy,

Nobody wants to tell you that forgot to deploy them after hitting the control panel with head, when your helmet was smashed by a steel bar, when your ship had collided with a 20 m big asteroid, because your navigation system was blinded for a second by gamma photons caused by the galactic cosmis radiation.

A rocket to LEO with a stratospheric balloon cabin as the command pod.

Unfortunately your spacecraft happens to land on at the very edge of a crater, which as anyone who has landed on the Mun will know is a rather steep place. The spacecraft tips over as the angle is too great, and is completely destroyed...

I send a rescue vessel to rescue the poor kerbonauts stranded on Tritae

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.