Mentor Mode (kinda Multiplayer but not really)

I know many people are anxiously awaiting multiplayer mode for KSP. To be honest though, I'm not sure I would play it a lot. The thing is, however well it works and whatever ingenious ideas are used to solve the time warp issue, space is still really really big. Apart from some relatively rare occations where you meet up with other players (which is already no easy thing to do), you will still spend most of the time alone. I can see it working with planes, but I mostly play Kerbal Space Program, not Kerbal Aircraft Program.

However, there's another kind of multiplayer that I would really enjoy, and that's having multiple players in control of the same ship. I know that sounds stupid at first, but imo KSP is a lot about learning (and teaching). Wouldn't it be great if an experienced player could act as a driving instructor on your ship, give advice in real time and take over control if necessary?

I've been in this situation quite of few times. Right now, the best solution is to either use some streaming service like Twitch or Steam (resulting in horrible delay) or use a desktop sharing program like Teamviewer (with horrible quality and sometimes also delay). An in-game sharing feature should work much better since there's actually not that much information that has to be transmitted.
Such a "Mentor Mode" wouldn't have to be limited to flying, it could also work in the VAB. Of course there are details to be worked out (Like for instance how would one player hand control over to another? Or should one player's input always overwrite the other one's?), but I see no major technical obstacles.

What do you about this idea? Has anything like this been suggested to and/or been taken into consideration by the devs?

If multiplayer comes, several modes should be present. Ones like big multiplayer servers, some competitive individual space programs, co-op, and, there should also be something you describe. Either players could have complete control over the craft, something like a kerbal-archon, or, each player could have an own kerbonaut, one being responsible of the craft(engineer) one for the experiments(scientist) and one for orbiting and manouvers(pilot)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.